PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina family wins lottery 3 times

BJJ-Blue
07-26-2011, 02:53 PM
"A North Carolina family has come up big in the lottery. Three times.

The Charlotte Observer reported that Kimberly McCauley won $100,000 this month playing a new instant scratch-off game 10X the Money.

McCauley's mother, Amy, is from Fort Mill, S.C., and won more than $160,000 in the Carolina Cash 5 in the North Carolina Education Lottery in 2007.

But the family's big win came in 1991, when Amy McCauley won $15.5 million in the New York Lotto.

"I never thought I'd win anything," Kimberly McCauley reportedly told lottery officials. "I figured my mom was hogging all the luck. This is so overwhelming, but it's a good kind of overwhelming.""

Source:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/26/north-carolina-family-wins-lottery-for-third-time/?test=latestnews

David Jamieson
07-27-2011, 06:16 AM
In other news, Fox resorts to new tactics:
http://i.imgur.com/KeacV.jpg

BJJ-Blue
07-27-2011, 06:51 AM
Can't you stay on topic? Is that too much to ask? You're a mod, start acting like it.

David Jamieson
07-27-2011, 07:16 AM
Can't you stay on topic? Is that too much to ask? You're a mod, start acting like it.

on topic? Is that the name of this forum? No. It's called "off topic" therefor I was on topic.

I cannot have my duties or actions dictated by you, the long time neighbourhood troll. So, I am acting like a mod and a poster here and if you don't like what other people post you shouldn't read it. I mean, that is your position is it not?

Have a nice day. :)

BJJ-Blue
07-27-2011, 07:27 AM
on topic? Is that the name of this forum? No. It's called "off topic" therefor I was on topic.

I cannot have my duties or actions dictated by you, the long time neighbourhood troll. So, I am acting like a mod and a poster here and if you don't like what other people post you shouldn't read it. I mean, that is your position is it not?

Have a nice day. :)

"off topic" is the name of this sub-forum. I'm asking you stay on topic in relation to the thread titles. You're are a mod, so I assume you know the difference. Right?

So are you saying since it's all "off topic" that means we can post any thing in any thread?

David Jamieson
07-27-2011, 07:58 AM
"off topic" is the name of this sub-forum. I'm asking you stay on topic in relation to the thread titles. You're are a mod, so I assume you know the difference. Right?

So are you saying since it's all "off topic" that means we can post any thing in any thread?

Well, you have a tendency of posting right wing political rants all over a kung fu forum.

I don't make the rules. You should read the terms and conditions of your membership here. Perhaps that will help you.

As a Mod, I have indeed read the Terms & Conditions of using this site.

I strongly suggest you do the same in order to further your understanding of how this forum runs.

Again, have a nice day! :)

BJJ-Blue
07-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Please answer my question. Is it ok to post any thing in any thread in the Off Topic area? The TOS does not give an answer to that.

GeneChing
07-27-2011, 10:32 AM
BJJ-Blue, I hear ya, but for the record, cleavage is always on topic. Always.

Can I get an 'amen'?

David Jamieson
07-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Please answer my question. Is it ok to post any thing in any thread in the Off Topic area? The TOS does not give an answer to that.

"any thing"? No. I would think that common sense would govern that.

cleavage? you don't take issue with cleavage do you? :)

BJJ-Blue
07-27-2011, 10:58 AM
cleavage? you don't take issue with cleavage do you? :)

No. I admit I usually enjoy the pics of women MK posts. ;)

David Jamieson
07-27-2011, 11:01 AM
No. I admit I usually enjoy the pics of women MK posts. ;)

I'm going to ask MK to post some women for you then. :)

In the meantime, this should tide you over:

hot republicans
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3413/3513372120_169f175f8d.jpg

GeneChing
07-27-2011, 11:39 AM
Good cleavage is always on topic. Mediocre cleavage is to be avoided. Ugly cleavage is a bannable offence.

Epic cleavage is preferable.

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/0903/epic-cleavage-life-time-censors-woman-sexy-breast-smile-demotivational-poster-1238519513.jpg

Syn7
07-27-2011, 12:21 PM
ok, first, the word EPIC should only be used properly... its one word i hear far too often... like "awesome"... did it really inspire awe??? bothers the hell outta me... dunno why... ok now that ive taken care of my OCD......................

I always felt sorry for all those middle aged ladies i would see crowding the lotto aisles in some almost futile attempt at a dream... but it could happen, it just wont... but it could... i buy one every once in a while, totally random... not like those who hear of a big draw and buy one coz of that... for me its totally random, and more often than not, a gift...

why would you buy a scratch and win that can only get you 100 grand when you already have 15.5 mill??? i mean, shouldnt that 15.5 mill be more like 40 million since it was 20 years ago and all... i would hope so anyways... like my grampa always said: its hard to make a dollar outta 15 cents, but its inevitable to make millions when you already have millions... but then he was assuming you arent a white trash spendaholic that uses shopping as therapy...

neat that the daughter won... must be nice to have her own real chunk of change for a change...

Syn7
07-27-2011, 12:25 PM

no it isnt ok to post ANYTHING in the off topic area... dont be a *******... of course alot of things are not appropriate for this whole site... but i dont think its a big deal to thread jack in this section, i mean, its one big mess anyways... why fight it... usually if somebody changes topics, and everyone else immediately jumps on board with the new topic, thast means the new topic is better...

get it? got it?

good...

mo betta topic... wreckonize!

David Jamieson
07-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Today I learned that ~G scorns the fatties!