PDA

View Full Version : I'm Outta here !

ginosifu
07-27-2011, 03:33 AM
Well actually I am leaving for vacation tomorrow. I am going to Jakarta Indonesia for a week. I will pick up my wife and kids, they were visiting Opung (Grandma). Also, while we are there I think my wife and I will spend a couple of days in Bali (a second honeymoon sorta). This year we recently celebrated 10 years together so Bali is needed.

ginosifu

David Jamieson
07-27-2011, 05:14 AM
congrats! Have a great time. :)

ginosifu
07-27-2011, 06:01 AM
congrats! Have a great time. :)

Thanks DJ

Wife has been cooped up with 3 kids for a while now and I think the plan is to pawn the kids on Grandma for a couple of days while we (She) goes to Bali for some needed rst time.

See you guys in about a week or so.

ginosifu

Scott R. Brown
07-27-2011, 06:46 AM
I would say, "See you soon!"

But I haven't seen you at all, yet!:eek:

TenTigers
07-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Have a great time, Gino.
(y'know, you can still post on your I-phone...)
((jus' sayin'))

SPJ
07-27-2011, 08:37 AM
travel safe.

have fun with some family times.

:)

GeneChing
07-27-2011, 09:29 AM
I was like '******, not another. i knew the trollz were the glue keepin' us together...' ;)

I was in Bali in '97. It was one of the most magical places on earth. I remember thinking that I wouldn't need much to live there, just some simple job, like being a janitor, and Bali. Try to get up to Ubud. It's an artists' village - lots of nice bed and breakfast places, and amazing shopping. When I was there, you can get really cheap swords and nunchuks of this weird Balinesian design which emulated Chinese. The metal work (blades, chains) sucked, but the woodwork was fantastic. It would be worth it to strip out some of that woodwork and swap in better blades. Also, you can get great dragonhead canes. Did you ever learn that form from Sifu? It's one of my favs. Again, the dragons are of Balinesian design, so they look more like Garuda or Barong, but the carving is gorgeous and the hardwood is top shelf (be careful because they do use a lot of endangered woods). It's all about the painting and wood carving in Ubud - and of course, the Gamelan. When I was there, there were shops in Ubud set up just to shift merchandise. If you were to ship a batch of those canes back to your school for resale, you could write off some of your trip as a business expense. ;)

ginosifu
07-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Have a great time, Gino.
(y'know, you can still post on your I-phone...)
((jus' sayin'))

Sorry TT, I have a $14.95 phone from Radio Shack that only makes and receives calls. No data plans, No Apps. I am too busy running this school and still heavily training. If I am not training or teaching, I am playing with my kids or trying to have some quality time with the wife.

The only time I post usually is here, when I gets breaks in between classes or training sessions. Then drive home... here they have laws.. no phone no text while driving. So the only free time I have is driving back and forth to the school.

I'll write when I get back. Maybe I'll post a write on Bali (A Training Point of View Only LOL)

ginosifu

David Jamieson
07-27-2011, 01:01 PM
I was about 300 words into an article on maintenance of a training regimen while on vacation.

But then, I realized I was on vacation...

:p

Syn7
07-27-2011, 03:56 PM
sounds like fun... good luck with all that.

GeneChing
07-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Sorry TT, I have a $14.95 phoneI use a burner phone. Don't you people watch police procedurals? CSI? NCIS? It's all about the burner phones. ;)

Have a great trip, Gino!

TenTigers
07-28-2011, 02:44 PM
My cell phone has a rotary dial...

Syn7
07-28-2011, 03:06 PM
i was watching A-Team yesterday and colonel decker has the best sat phone... the thing is HUGE!!!! the waterproof case is like 2 feet long and the antenna is so long that they fold it over and tape it to the side of the phone... sh1t must weigh like 15 pounds....!!!