PDA

View Full Version : Did you Know Knowledge is only valuable if...

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-10-2011, 06:08 AM
...you learn it form a Grand Master that wears a funny Chinese costume with matching shoes who has all sorts of scrolls that talk about 3 generations before him?

If you study and examin things for yourself, and that study leads to conclusions that seem to explain things better than anything else you have been told, it's completely useless.

You have learned nothing of value from the experience.

A good example, if you learn a form form a video, and you have to reverse engineer it to figure out the applications, no matter what you discover, you are wrong and plain silly or foolish.

If you discover that form is from a larger style, that is not practiced by the source you got the video from, and you go to the original source for info, you are still wrong.

If that form has a bunch of weird looking moves in it that seem to defy reason, but you try them as throws and take downs over, and over agian untill you find an angle where they work with sheer perfection, you are still wrong.

Why are you wrong, even though your detractor can't figure out how to use them either? Well, the Grand Master guy who only wears the funny outfit 24/7, with matching shoes and sash and has scrolls from a movie, from the 1800s, never mentioned they could be used that way(because he probably didn't know himself).

Well, you know what? I decided that I just don't care about learning from the d0rk in the funny outfit, because he never knew the whole thing either.

I can beat most people up, short of regular competitors (and I can beat up a bunch of them too). In the end, that is all I really care about.

So from now on my response will be "Talk to the hand"

:p

lkfmdc
08-10-2011, 06:12 AM
In the past you have talked a lot of crap to a lot of people but now when someone puts in back in your direction, you get your panties in a bunch :rolleyes:

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-10-2011, 06:14 AM
Those specific people were flaming frauds though.

I am not a flaming fraud. Nor am I a fraud at all. I am just unconventional.

lkfmdc
08-10-2011, 06:20 AM
uh, no, you've talked crap to pretty much everyone

you tried to tell me I didn't know how to throw round kicks :rolleyes:

you just tried to tell John Wang he doesn't know what throws look like :rolleyes:

there are a TON of people on here who know a LOT more than you do, suck it up and face the facts

David Jamieson
08-10-2011, 06:21 AM
If Kung Fu consisted only of fighting well or assuredly beating someone up, then I've been a master since before I finished High school. lol

Thankfully, it's not just that.

I'm at a desk!

lkfmdc
08-10-2011, 06:25 AM
I'm at a desk!

I'm On A Boat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU