PDA

View Full Version : Tim Geithner: "No risk" of AAA rating downgrade

BJJ-Blue
08-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Yet another failed economic prediciton by this Administration.

Question: "Is there a risk that the United States could lose it's triple-A credit rating, yes or no?"

Geithner: "No risk of that."

Source:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqgQukSK8ws

Syn7
08-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Yet another failed economic prediciton by this Administration.

Question: "Is there a risk that the United States could lose it's triple-A credit rating, yes or no?"

Geithner: "No risk of that."

Source:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqgQukSK8ws

geithner is an idiot...

i would respect you a lot more if you would post up about all the idiots, not just the ones who front a diffferent letter than your boy does... your bias is naked...

translucent mother fukcer:cool: everything about you is hazy...

MasterKiller
08-10-2011, 07:31 PM
"The political brinksmanship of recent months highlights what we see as America's governance and policymaking becoming less stable, less effective, and less predictable than what we previously believed. The statutory debt ceiling and the threat of default have become political bargaining chips in the debate over fiscal policy."--S&P

BJJ-Blue
08-11-2011, 06:41 AM
"The political brinksmanship of recent months highlights what we see as America's governance and policymaking becoming less stable, less effective, and less predictable than what we previously believed. The statutory debt ceiling and the threat of default have become political bargaining chips in the debate over fiscal policy."--S&P

Let's see what another agency who cut our credit rating had to say:

"(Reuters) - Credit rating agency Egan-Jones has cut the United States' top credit ranking, citing concerns over the country's high debt load and the difficulty the government faces in significantly reducing spending.

The agency said the action, which cut U.S. sovereign debt to the second-highest rating, was not based on fears over the country not raising its debt ceiling.

Instead, the cut is due the U.S. debt load standing at more than 100 percent of its gross domestic product. This compares with Canada, for example, which has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 35 percent, Egan-Jones said in a report sent on Saturday."

Source: (complete article)
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/18/rating-bonds-eganjones-idUSN1E76H0ZH20110718

Ltt's cut to the chase now MK:

The USA's debt is going up and up and up. What effect do you think this has on our credit rating?

A) It's good for our credit rating
B) It's bad for our credit rating
C) It has no effect on our credit rating

BJJ-Blue
08-11-2011, 06:50 AM
geithner is an idiot...

Agreed. So why hasn't the community organizer replaced that idiot?

i would respect you a lot more if you would post up about all the idiots, not just the ones who front a diffferent letter than your boy does... your bias is naked...

What??? I've said many times that Bush (R) spent too much during his time in office, especially in his last 2 years.

I also criticized McCain (R) on this site before the 2008 election.

So come on now, you're not dumb, so I know you didn't just miss those posts. And you saying what you know to be false is below you. Don't act like Jamieson and add and subtract from my posts, or disregard them altogether when it suits you.

BJJ-Blue
08-11-2011, 06:50 AM

You left this part out:

"S&P was looking for $4 trillion in budget cuts over 10 years. The deal that passed Congress on Tuesday would bring $2.1 trillion to $2.4 trillion in cuts over that time."

Source: (complete article)
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/SP-off...48715.html?x=0