PDA

View Full Version : Driven

GeneChing
08-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Another MMA doc. I should start a thread to collate all the MMA docs.

JENS PULVER | DRIVEN The Intimate Documentary About the Legendary Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) and former UFC Champion, Jens Pulver, Gets Nationwide Release (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/08/09/prweb8576663.DTL)
(PRWEB) August 09, 2011

JENS PULVER | DRIVEN, described as "Brilliant," "Inspirational," and "Raw and Powerful," is now available for rent or purchase via several popular online and cable video on demand providers including iTunes, CinemaNow, Blockbuster, Zune, Xbox, Shaw Cable, AmazonVOD, DirectTV, Playstation and many more, with leading cable providers TimeWarner, Comcast and Cox coming online with the film in September. A full list of current and upcoming platforms carrying the film can be found at: http://jenspulverdriven.com

Additionally, the limited run Fan Edition DVD is available with an extended cut of the film and special features including extended interviews, outtakes, and deleted scenes from the film for just $19. This region free DVD ships worldwide and is available now. Find it at www.jenspulverdriven.com or on Amazon.com.

In production over the course of 2010, JENS PULVER | DRIVEN gained early support from fans who contributed to the production of the film via a kickstarter.com campaign which got the film underway. Jens himself was both surprised and deeply heartened by the outpouring of support stating, "What it says to me is that I have friends rather than fans. I have people who were willing to support me in creating this film...I love them all for it."

The film captures a raw behind the scenes look of what it takes to live the life of a fighter, and both the mental and physical toll one endures when preparing for a bout. Jens allowed the camera to capture every moment, the good and the bad, "It was scary at first, only because the emotion in this is not fake, and I am [putting myself] out there for all to judge and have an opinion about me." As to how he's portrayed in the film, Jens advises, "It's dead on."

In 2011, JENS PULVER | DRIVEN has appeared at film festivals including the Beverly Hills Film Festival and the deadCENTER Film Festival in Oklahoma City, OK as well as on the GET DRIVEN Film Tour which has taken the film, and Jens, into communities to screen in front of at-risk youth audiences. Jens, who reveals much of his background growing up as a victim of child abuse and witness to domestic violence in the film, is very pleased to see the movie being used in this way, "It makes me feel like I am contributing... I want this movie to be there to help and to motivate those who are stuck in life, stuck at a crossroads... I hope it helps set the wheels in motion so that they can find a direction, and a purpose."

With a nationwide release the film has also garnered several positive reviews with viewers calling the film "Engaging Cinema," with the ability to cross over from traditional fight fans, with one viewer stating, "I never thought I could enjoy a fight movie, but I was very wrong. Not only enjoyable but touching and beautiful as well." Jens admits he wasn't sure what to expect, but says he's, "Very happy with the reviews so far...it makes it all worth it."

What's next for Jens Pulver? Beyond his work with director Gregory Bayne to continue to bring JENS PULVER | DRIVEN to audiences worldwide, he is currently appearing in the newly released video game Supremacy MMA, and looking forward to more opportunities in the cage, though as he states a new chapter of his life is appearing on the horizon. "I am toward the end of my fighting days, and for now I just like learning and getting better. Eventually, I will hopefully be able to channel those desires to be a World Champion into desires for being some thing else. My main goal is to be a good father and husband and to watch my kids grow and experience life... and to do all this with my best friend on the planet, my wife."

Jens will enter the cage next on Saturday, August 13th in MMA Fight Pit's highly-anticipated debut event on Saturday, August 13th, "MMA FIGHT PIT: GENESIS," which will be offered to fight fans via Pay-Per-View. The fight card is stacked with UFC® and WEC® veterans, and is set to take place at "The Pit," a world-renowned New Mexico sporting venue that has put on fights with top boxers such as Bob Foster and Johnny Tapia.

For further information please contact Producer/Director Gregory Bayne, who is also available for interview, by emailing: info(at)thislovelymachine(dot)com

Exclusive content available. Producer can make available exclusive, previously unreleased, video content from the film.

A reason to follow the film. New fans & followers that join us on Facebook & Twitter will have the opportunity to win 1 of 2 available Jens Pulver signed Fan Edition DVDs and a 11x17 JENS PULVER | DRIVEN Movie Poster. One winner will be chosen via each platform and will be messaged directly via their Facebook or Twitter account on August 16th.