PDA

View Full Version : More Gay Repubs in Office

MasterKiller
08-12-2011, 11:03 AM
A married Indiana Republican state legislator who voted for a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage sought to pay an 18-year-old man “for a really good time” in a hotel room, according to an email exchange published Friday by the Indianapolis Star.

The 1,600-word front-page story details the interaction between state Rep. Phillip Hinkle, 64, and 18-year-old Kameryn Gibson, who met the lawmaker after the sixth-term Republican responded to Gibson’s Craigslist advertisement in a men’s section of the site.

Within an hour of posting the ad, Gibson received this emailed response from Hinkle’s published personal email address: “Cannot be a long time sugar daddy, but can for tonight. Would you be interested in keeping me company for a while tonight?” The email, the Star wrote, offers “to make it worth (your) while” in cash and adds: “I am an in shape married professional, 5’8”, fit 170 lbs, and love getting and staying naked.”

It carried the tagline, “Sent from Phil’s iPad.”

Hinkle’s attorney provided a statement to the Star saying he is “aware of the inquiries by The Indianapolis Star and we are investigating the matter at this time. We request that everyone respect the privacy of the family at this time.”

Hinkle’s press secretary referred POLITICO to Indiana House Speaker Brian Bosma.

Bosma released a statement saying: “If the circumstances are as reported, it is an extremely sad and disappointing situation for all of us, especially the families involved. Our next step will be to try to discuss this matter with Rep. Hinkle and chart a course from there.”

Gov. Mitch Daniels told reporters in Indianapolis the situation is “a personal family tragedy,” the Star reported.

“It’s not for me to say,” he said. “It’s for him and his constituents.”

According to the paper, Hinkle and Gibson carried on an email conversation in which one email from Hinkle’s account offered: “How about $80 for services rendered and if real satisfied, a healthy tip? That make it worth while?” A later email concluded: “Final for the record, for a really good time, you could get another 50, 60 bucks. That sound good?”

The email exchange “contains no mention of sex acts,” the Star wrote.

Hinkle then picked up Gibson and drove him to a local Marriott where, Gibson told the paper, Hinkle identified himself as a state legislator and showed him an identification card. Gibson, scared, phoned his sister, Megan Gibson, and asked her to pick him up. At that point, Gibson said, Hinkle “grabbed him in the rear, dropped his towel and sat down on the bed — naked,” the Star wrote.

When Gibson’s sister arrived, Hinkle offered to give them his iPad, BlackBerry and $100 cash, the Star wrote. Gibson and his sister left with the electronics and the money.

Snipsky
08-12-2011, 11:16 AM
how the fuk is my thread about an eminent race war any diffferent than a threa on Gay Pubs?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????

BJJ-Blue
08-12-2011, 12:15 PM
I thought you've previously said that A) being gay is no big deal, and B) poeple's sex lives should not be used to scandal them out of office.

Or maybe I'm wrong and you either have an issue with gays or you believe using someone's sex life to scandal them out of office is ok. Or maybe it's both.

Taixuquan99
08-12-2011, 12:19 PM
I thought you've previously said that A) being gay is no big deal, and B) poeple's sex lives should not be used to scandal them out of office.

Or maybe I'm wrong and you either have an issue with gays or you believe using someone's sex life to scandal them out of office is ok. Or maybe it's both.

Maybe the issue is when they are claiming to be straight, legislating against gays, and get caught being hypicrites.

What's funny is that it almost always turns out that the other Repubs seem to know about their sexual orientation. No hypocrisy there.

MasterKiller
08-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Maybe the issue is when they are claiming to be straight, legislating against gays, and get caught being hypicrites. ding ding ding

BJJ-Blue
08-12-2011, 12:38 PM
It's still highlighting a sex scandal.

If we posted stories of every time a politician was a hypocrite on any issue, we'd overload the server.

bawang
08-12-2011, 12:57 PM
the hongwu emperor was never a hypocrite.

Taixuquan99
08-12-2011, 01:27 PM
It's still highlighting a sex scandal.

It is only that because of people who create a polical or moral rational for a non-political and non-moral issue.

Like this guy. Hoisted by his own petard. This time without having to pay for the service.

Since MK doesn't seem to do that, you are mistaken. Wrong. Incorrect.

BJJ-Blue
08-12-2011, 02:04 PM
That first line was confusing to me. Can you restate it please?

Of course if I posted stories of every hypocrite Democrat who railed against "the rich" and Wall Street who was either a multi-millionaire and/or owned stock, I could post 10x the stories he could about gay Republicans.

SoCo KungFu
08-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Funny. Wasn't blue the first one here up in arms about a democrat taking a picture of his Weiner?

BJJ-Blue
08-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Funny. Wasn't blue the first one here up in arms about a democrat taking a picture of his Weiner?

No. I was pointing out that he might have broken the House Code of Conduct. I also mentioned if he had filed a false police report or lied to police when he claimed his account was hacked that was a problem.

Hebrew Hammer
08-14-2011, 01:50 PM
the hongwu emperor was never a hypocrite.

I thought it was Hung Lo?

Lee Chiang Po
08-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Actually, he was not being a hipocrite. He is just against marriage within his sexual preference. If they get married he would have to look harder to find a good time.

Kansuke
08-14-2011, 07:07 PM
ding ding ding

Wouldn't such a 'transaction' be illegal, and isn't that the biggest issue?

MasterKiller
08-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Wouldn't such a 'transaction' be illegal, and isn't that the biggest issue?

I think prostitution should be legalized, personally. I just hate hypocritical conservatives.

Kansuke
08-14-2011, 09:36 PM
I think prostitution should be legalized, personally. I just hate hypocritical conservatives.

Leaving aside your flawed opinion about legalizing prostitution, are you saying you don't hate hypocritical liberals?

Kansuke
08-14-2011, 09:37 PM
how the fuk is my thread about an eminent race war any diffferent than a threa on Gay Pubs?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????

STFU with your racist nonsense, champ.

MasterKiller
08-15-2011, 06:04 AM
Leaving aside your flawed opinion about legalizing prostitution, are you saying you don't hate hypocritical liberals?

Flawed...lol.

Kansuke
08-15-2011, 06:30 AM
Flawed...lol.

Unless of course you support the objectification of and violence against women and girls for some reason.

MasterKiller
08-15-2011, 07:11 AM
Unless of course you support the objectification of and violence against women and girls for some reason.

Does paying my neighbor's kid to mow my lawn also equate to supporting the objectification of and violence against lawnboys?

Kansuke
08-15-2011, 07:34 AM
Does paying my neighbor's kid to mow my lawn also equate to supporting the objectification of and violence against lawnboys?

If you are equating the two activities, either "mowing the lawn" is code for some sex act and you should be in jail, or else you have some strange ideas about human intercourse and/or lawncare.

MasterKiller
08-15-2011, 07:53 AM
you have some strange ideas about human intercourse and/or lawncare.

They are both contracts for services between consenting adults.

If paying a woman to rub my shoulders is legal, paying her to rub my c0ck should be as well.

Regulate it, tax it, and let adults control their own bodies.

Kansuke
08-15-2011, 08:05 AM
I know you want to think you are being a good little libertarian and all, but what you are advocating always has and always will amount to violence against women and girls. Your fondness for any particular polical or economic theory won't change that.

MasterKiller
08-15-2011, 08:27 AM
I know you want to think you are being a good little libertarian and all, but what you are advocating always has and always will amount to violence against women and girls. Your fondness for any particular polical or economic theory won't change that.

What a maroon. When an industry is criminalized, and yet demand persists, blackmarkets emerge. In these industries, no government regulation exists, and no rule of law can exist either. Therefore, the likelihood of abuse, violence, and rape is increased.

Not to mention, pimps subject prostitutes to physical abuse and threats of violence, retain a portion of their earnings, and often encourage them to become addicted to drugs. The provision of a secure environment in which to work would allow men and women to be independent of these individuals.

Let's examine a couple of figures:

Netherlands rapes per 1,000: 0.1
United States rapes per 1,000: 0.32

Recall prohibition from 1920 to 1933 and remember the affects it had on alcohol consumption. Home producers created whiskey and bathtub gin. The price of alcohol skyrocketed in black market sales due to heavy demand and the greedy public officials who secretly monitored it, so it was believed. Bootlegging became an underground industry. As a result, prohibition did literally nothing to actually prevent alcohol from being consumed by the public.

The government, and ultimately the public, suffered huge losses from prohibition. The government lost considerable amounts of tax dollars from bootlegged alcohol and it became impossible to regulate the quality, i.e. safety, of the product. In attempts to prohibit alcohol consumption through the Volstead Act, spending by the Bureau of Prohibition went from $4.4 million to $13.4 million annually. Spending by the Coast Guard was an average $13 million per year in the 1920s for prohibition alone. In fact when per capita costs are analyzed, spending more to curb behavior did literally nothing against consumption, making a total mockery of law enforcement efforts.

It was thought prohibition would put an end to many social problems but it actually created many more. Increasing the number of laws runs a risk of creating more criminals, and that is exactly what had happened. Jails became filled. Government spending to pay for the housing and maintenance of these criminals went up. Compounded by the lack of intake from alcohol tax, it placed huge dents on public coffers.

Prohibition caused many problems related to criminal activity. There was a causal link between prohibition and an increase in homicides. During prohibition, homicide rates increased over 66%. After prohibition was repealed on Dec. 5, 1933, the homicide rate immediately dropped and eventually reached pre-prohibition levels in the mid-1940s.

Kansuke
08-15-2011, 08:38 AM
You keep trying to draw false equivalencies, but they all crash and burn against the ancient reality of what we are really talking about. You haven't considered the fundamentals of the issue carefully enough because your motivation is to justify your political-economy theory. So, you are either incapable or too lazy to consider the issue, or just a misogynist at heart.

MasterKiller
08-15-2011, 08:40 AM
You keep trying to draw false equivalencies, but they all crash and burn against the ancient reality of what we are really talking about. You haven't considered the fundamentals of the issue carefully enough because your motivation is to justify your political-economy theory. So, you are either incapable or too lazy to consider the issue, or just a misogynist at heart.

Where is your data to show how legalizing prostitution has increased violence and objectification? Or are you just another conservative zealot who thinks people should behave like you think they should?

Kansuke
08-15-2011, 08:43 AM
You go ahead and comfort yourself in the false belief that your 'theory' is justified in this case, and meanwhile women (and very young girls) all over the world and all through history will continue to suffer in ways you (apparently) can't imagine.

Congratulations.

Taixuquan99
08-15-2011, 08:45 AM
That first line was confusing to me. Can you restate it please?

Sure. Gayness and sex are both, in no way, intrinsically moral or political considerations. The arguments needed to conflate them with said are convoluted, and do not bear close examination(I said bear). For example:

1) ****sexuality is unnatural.

Since there is not, nor has there ever been, a representative sample of humans in which a certain percentage have not done ****sexual practices, this argument fails.

This is what Taoists talked about regarding arbitrary morality. It begins adopting untenable positions in order to support itself, and often must rely on authority figures as opposed to reasoned moral argument. God says, the Emperor says, The Founding Fathers said, the Supreme Court said. This is not the hallmark of an actual system of ethics, or ethics at all, but merely authoritarian rule.

A perfect example is the recent ruling that video games with violent content do not necessarily require special ratings or warnings, while sexual content does. The distinction becomes a comedy of missing justifications. Apparently we are not affected by violence in media, but sex in media, we're totally changed by this. Never mind that there is no proof provided.

In the U.S., the age most prevented from accurate information is the age at which humans become sexually active. And "they should learn it at home" is merely double-speak for not learning it at all, or worse.

I agree with one aspect of your post, it should not be an issue in a society that has reasonable standards regarding sex. We do not live in such a society, so the argument is moot. The GOP has a history of gay politicians pushing anti-gay laws. Almost without exception, those same politicians later state regret over the laws they pursued. And non-gay GOP members almost always seem to have known about their colleagues' sexual preference, and hidden it from the public they claim to represent.

David Jamieson
08-15-2011, 08:47 AM
It's not a theory.

prostitution is legal and overseen in a few countries.
Forward thinking western liberal democracies such as Germany for instance.

Scandanavia as well.

look at their violent sex crime stats and you tell me that non-oppression and egalitarian stance on sex workers is bad for society?

seriously, the data from those countries will make your assumptions and supposition look like torn threads on the floor. Not useful for much.

MasterKiller
08-15-2011, 08:48 AM
You go ahead and comfort yourself in the false belief that your 'theory' is justified in this case, and meanwhile women (and very young girls) all over the world and all through history will continue to suffer in ways you (apparently) can't imagine.

Congratulations.

I'm the sure women in The Netherlands who don't get raped because it's legal there would find solace in your righteous indignation.

Kansuke
08-15-2011, 08:55 AM
It's not a theory.

prostitution is legal and overseen in a few countries.
Forward thinking western liberal democracies such as Germany for instance.

Scandanavia as well.

look at their violent sex crime stats and you tell me that non-oppression and egalitarian stance on sex workers is bad for society?

seriously, the data from those countries will make your assumptions and supposition look like torn threads on the floor. Not useful for much.

http://news.change.org/stories/70-rise-in-german-sex-trafficking-due-to-legal-prostitution

http://www.cphpost.dk/news/national/88-national/51474-sex-trafficking-problem-in-the-brothel-of-scandinavia.html

Kansuke
08-15-2011, 09:00 AM
I'm the sure women in The Netherlands who don't get raped because it's legal there would find solace in your righteous indignation.

http://globantihumantraffickwatch.blogspot.com/2011/04/battle-against-sex-trafficking-sweden.html

Taixuquan99
08-15-2011, 09:51 AM
"Belgium, Germany, Greece, Israel, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Thailand, Turkey and the United States are countries ranked "very high" as destination countries of trafficked persons."

http://www.iast.net/thefacts.htm

So, given that the laws are totally different in the U.S. and the Netherlands, and that the U.S. still makes the list, at best one can state that the Netherlands has more, but that neither approach is all that good.

Not to mention that the countries supplying the trade are highly sexually repressive to women under any circumstances.

It's a complex issue, and one in which the last to be punished are the ones causing direct violence.