PDA

View Full Version : can anyone translate this for me pls.

Lucas
08-12-2011, 02:08 PM
please and thank you!!!

Lucas
08-12-2011, 02:09 PM
wow thats a big picture...sorry lol

Snipsky
08-12-2011, 02:10 PM
there is a character missing too isn't there?

bawang
08-12-2011, 02:11 PM
its gibberish

lkfmdc
08-12-2011, 02:13 PM
its gibberish

the specific jibberish says "three goats open peace"

something is seriously wrong

SPJ
08-12-2011, 02:15 PM
yes peace and prosperity

:)

Lucas
08-12-2011, 02:15 PM
hahahahahah

Lucas
08-12-2011, 02:17 PM
so it is jibberish then and means nothing?

bawang
08-12-2011, 02:26 PM
where is it from

lkfmdc
08-12-2011, 02:27 PM
maybe "peace opens goat(s) three times"

something about you we dont know?

lkfmdc
08-12-2011, 02:27 PM
where is it from

the goat molester's house

Lucas
08-12-2011, 02:30 PM
where is it from

someone just gave it to me today for my upcoming birthday. that is the plaque under a statue of three goats. no idea where they got it from. i guess internet or some shop in chinatown maybe but our chinatown is a dead shell of lost dreams..

Lucas
08-12-2011, 02:31 PM
the goat molester's house

rofl!!!!!!

bawang
08-12-2011, 02:40 PM
i used my power of chinese google and its an obscure term from yi jing. apparently it means winter is over, spring is here.

Lucas
08-12-2011, 02:41 PM
i used my power of chinese google and its an obscure term from yi jing. apparently it means winter is over, spring is here.

you are a true master, i bow to your expertise...testicle slap!

oh and thanx guyz

lkfmdc
08-12-2011, 02:42 PM

which is Chinese slang for "I just ****ed three goats dude"

bawang
08-12-2011, 02:46 PM
i hear goat vagine feel just like vagine of a womans, as long as you use a lot of soy sauce.

Lucas
08-12-2011, 02:46 PM
ancient tradition

bawang
08-12-2011, 02:50 PM
why would someone give you a stupid plaque for a birthday instead of money or food

Lucas
08-12-2011, 02:51 PM
why would someone give you a stupid plaque for a birthday instead of money or food

cuz im rich and fat

bawang
08-12-2011, 02:53 PM
you should slap him and give back the plaque, ask for kfc coupons

Lucas
08-12-2011, 02:54 PM
why dont i just make him bring me a bucket of extra crispy double fry skin only?

Lucas
08-12-2011, 02:55 PM
i own kfc down the block i get free kfc all day long

bawang
08-12-2011, 03:03 PM
wow man i am jealous

what do u do for a living, i am a sexual investigator

SPJ
08-12-2011, 03:08 PM
well

it can also be sun or yang instead of goat/sheep.

one

two

three

1. yi yuan fu shi one element/year starts over

2. er or shuang, many good words/ 4 word sentences

3. san, yes we say san yang kai tai

three something, or 30 years old

opening a great start

prosper or prosperity and such.

---

:)

Lucas
08-12-2011, 03:09 PM
wow man i am jealous

what do u do for a living, i am a sexual investigator

i am a sexual investigator too, but i am captain rank.

IronFist
08-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Three sheep open (something)

Wait.

I Googled it and this was one of the results:
http://jade-carving.blogspot.com/2009/06/three-sheeps-bring-auspice.html

"三羊開泰 Three Sheeps Bring Auspice"

Seems to be a message of good fortune.

GETHIN
08-13-2011, 12:59 AM
A group or 'trip' of three goats are can old symbol of good fortune and prosperity in China.
Also, didn't three goats outsmart a troll in the brothers Gruff story ?.

CYMac
08-13-2011, 02:48 AM
In Taoism, traditionally there are some numbers that have meanings from astronomical studies. Like they say 9 is the highest, 10 is a full cycle, 7 is also a cycle and 3 is a number of "new things to be born". Some also say the number 3 sounds like "birth" in Chinese (cantonese).

The goat is actually referring to the character yang as in yin yang.

3 yang, means the extreme positives energy give birth to "good stuff" or fortune.

This have something to do with fengshui and Taoism as well. In fengshui formation, we also have something like this which is a way of how to dissolve the bad luck and make good luck comes. It's a theory and also a theory that use in formation as well. Kinda cool but deep~

It can usaully be use on the purpose in the photo for hanging it up on some open area to say enter here and fortune will come! or "fortune will come to this place"! Usually use for big public places to give good vibe to all people.. or even city call or entrance of a village as well.

SPJ
08-13-2011, 08:10 AM
yes.

in ba gua trigrams or triple diagrams

3 solid lines or yang yang yang

the start of good fortune

tai is good.

pi is bad

when you think you are so out of luck or in such a pi

guess what

at the end of pi is the start of tai

--

san yang kai tai

is good wishes in general

the start of your business

the start of a year

the start of a career

the start of----

---

Scott R. Brown
08-13-2011, 08:21 AM
In Taoism, traditionally there are some numbers that have meanings from astronomical studies. Like they say 9 is the highest, 10 is a full cycle, 7 is also a cycle and 3 is a number of "new things to be born". Some also say the number 3 sounds like "birth" in Chinese (cantonese).

The goat is actually referring to the character yang as in yin yang.

3 yang, means the extreme positives energy give birth to "good stuff" or fortune.

This have something to do with fengshui and Taoism as well. In fengshui formation, we also have something like this which is a way of how to dissolve the bad luck and make good luck comes. It's a theory and also a theory that use in formation as well. Kinda cool but deep~

It can usaully be use on the purpose in the photo for hanging it up on some open area to say enter here and fortune will come! or "fortune will come to this place"! Usually use for big public places to give good vibe to all people.. or even city call or entrance of a village as well.

SEE YOU GUYS!!!!:mad:

and YOU ALL thought CYMac was nothing but a nutcase:eek:, BUT NOT ME!!!:cool:

I ALWAYS KNEW:cool: he was good for something!!:p:p

Everyone has something to offer sometimes!;)

lkfmdc
08-13-2011, 08:25 AM
didn't three goats outsmart a troll in the brothers Gruff story ?.

we need those goats here RIGHT NOW!

JamesC
08-13-2011, 08:27 AM
SEE YOU GUYS!!!!:mad:

and YOU ALL thought CYMac was nothing but a nutcase:eek:, BUT NOT ME!!!:cool:

Everyone has something to offer sometimes!;)

Even nutcases have moments of lucidity. As you've shown us repeatedly Scott. :p

lkfmdc
08-13-2011, 08:28 AM

he's an expert of goats

"baaaaahhhhh"

"hold still"

Scott R. Brown
08-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Even nutcases have moments of lucidity. As you've shown us repeatedly Scott. :p

When have I EVER demonstrated a moment of lucidity?

I must be slipping!:eek:

Lucas
08-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Thanks a ton you guys. I didn't think to ask at the time but I knew the fine gentlemen at KFM would have my back. And gethin makes a good point, those Billy goats did outsmart that troll!

Scott R. Brown
08-13-2011, 09:45 AM
That would be "The Billy Goats Gruff"!

IronFist
08-13-2011, 04:30 PM

Is that like how in the I Ching, a strong Yang is becoming Yin and vice versa?

CYMac
08-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Is that like how in the I Ching, a strong Yang is becoming Yin and vice versa?

This have more to do with astronomical numbers studies instead. The number 1,3, 7 and 9, 21 (3x7), 36, 49, 81, 108 are often used in Taoism because they all have special meaning which correspond with the cycle of universe and how planets orbits and stuff like that. hard to explain it all in one post, but that's where it came from.

Some also believe, in Taoism, we say "Tao give birth to one, one give birth to two, and two give birth to three, then three give birth to many other things in the world." Meaning how the evolution starts too. So the number 3 is also used in some traditional culture as a number of "birth" or "vitality" or "living energy" as well.

Some superstitious say the number 3 sounds like "birth" and the number 4 sounds like "dead" in cantonese and so some people avoid number 4 while they buy a house and they like number 3 instead. That's just basically a superstitious belief though, not real and doesn't really have any effect in reality.

wenshu
08-14-2011, 11:43 AM
http://pic4.nipic.com/20090915/3146629_150626058399_2.jpg

lkfmdc
08-14-2011, 11:59 AM
http://www.satanic-kindred.org/images/goat3.jpg

IronFist
08-14-2011, 01:54 PM
the number 4 sounds like "dead" in cantonese and so some people avoid number 4 while they buy a house and they like number 3 instead. That's just basically a superstitious belief though, not real and doesn't really have any effect in reality.

I've heard that in Japanese, too. One word for the number 4 is "shi" which also means death (different character when written). So sometimes people pronounce 4 as "yon" rather than "shi."

CYMac
08-14-2011, 02:47 PM
I've heard that in Japanese, too. One word for the number 4 is "shi" which also means death (different character when written). So sometimes people pronounce 4 as "yon" rather than "shi."

Yes. It's cultural superstitious believe. In Cantonese, we don't change the way you say the word 4, which is "Say" (sounds like that but the ending with a more A sound. They just avoid getting a house on the 14th floor, which sounds liked "dead for sure", SUP SAY. I don't really care about that myself, it's just superstitious stuff.

In Taoism, we do things with logic and so things gotta really works, and if it's not real, we don't use it or even believe it. Those number sounding theory is not real and it's just basically some superstitious believe and so we don't care about it at all. On top of that, we always tell our students NOT to believe in them as you will get too nervous and panic about things that are not really there, then you will fall into lots of stress and illusionary stuff. So keeping yourself logical, clear minded, is very important~! haha!

But this phrase "三陽開泰" is really like one of the congratulation phrase stuff, like how we say "Gung hey faat choi" in Chinese new year, doesn't mean you will get rich rich and rich when people say it to you, but it's just a kind of cultural thing, etiquette stuff. So it's polite to greet people nice. Just that simple~ :)

The phrase 三羊開泰 is actually abit off, they just use the sound of the word goat, which is supposed to be 陽, just to be correct. It's the i-ching symbol of top 3 row of yin and bottom 3 row of yang, meaning restart of the universal cycle. Good things to come soon after chaos. Meaningful if you give this plaque to the government to hang on the cityhall, because a country or city often start from a war.. then they won and so people go through the chaotic time.. and then tough economy.. and so this phrase can tell people "we are going to do good soon!".

Scott R. Brown
08-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Very nice explanations CYMac, thank you for taking the time to explain! :)

IronFist
08-14-2011, 07:06 PM

I agree.

(message too short, please lengthen to at least 10 characters)

Brule
08-15-2011, 06:12 AM

My goodness, what day is this? Once again, it is proved that anything can happen on KFM.

Lucas
08-15-2011, 12:17 PM
oh cool thanks for the picture link wenshu, and hey you too david, i can never have enough of the goat head of satan, you know how i like it! ;)

i was told that it was for good luck and fortune, and because I'm a goat they got it for me.

now here is another question, they said it should face east. why is that?