PDA

View Full Version : Something I cooked for my student

CYMac
08-17-2011, 07:18 AM
This is the pork leg in sweet vinegar (+ginger) and egg pot. A very traditional dish that people cook for pregnant women after their child is born~ The pot have lots of nutrition for the legs and bones, just to supply nutrition to strength back the spin and all that after the pregnant period with all that weight pressing down the body. So this is a pot we cooked ourselves for our student.. nice and yummy~!

PlumDragon
08-17-2011, 09:41 AM
Looks very tasty! While Im sure the taste is different, the final product and especially the sauce, reminds me of Adobo; one of my favorite dishes to eat when Im in the Philippines.

CYMac
08-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Looks very tasty! While Im sure the taste is different, the final product and especially the sauce, reminds me of Adobo; one of my favorite dishes to eat when Im in the Philippines.

Adobo is with seafood and this is with pork, the main difference should be the kind of vinegar and the gummy and gluey sauce from the bones of the pork's leg. Fish have more oil to it but not much bones' sauce. It's tasty, you are right, you just can't resist to eat more and more and drink the sauce! haha!

The kind of vinegar is expensive for this dish, like $32 CAD for a jar~ that's totally insane for cooking, haha! No wonder people only make it for pregnant women!

PlumDragon
08-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Most of the adobo Ive had was made with either chicken or pork, but I think more commonly chicken. Im not sure Ive ever had a seafood adobo...

But like you said, the sauce is just so good, you just want to have more and more of it, until way past the time youre full! =)

CYMac
08-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Most of the adobo Ive had was made with either chicken or pork, but I think more commonly chicken. Im not sure Ive ever had a seafood adobo...

But like you said, the sauce is just so good, you just want to have more and more of it, until way past the time youre full! =)

Yes! My student had the dish right on the night after it is done, and he was eating so much.. and right after that, he passed out on the carpet and slept! hahahaha! That's the effect of GOOD FOOD! But then, the tummy need to be killed with lots of sweat! haha!

Lee Chiang Po
08-17-2011, 01:06 PM
We call that ham hocks. There is almost no possible way to cook them that they are not really good. I use red wine vinegar, ginger, a tad of sugar, salt, pepper, and a dash of soy sauce, cook them slowly in a crock pot most of the day. Don't know how close to yours that is, but it has convinced me to go and buy some ham hocks. I serve it over rice
You can cook them in water in the crock pot, seasoning as it cooks, and as it approaches done you can add uncooked rice, allowing it to absorb the broth of the ham hocks and seasoning. This is so good you can not stop until it is all gone. You will injure your stomach by over extending it.
I must admit though, yours looks rather exceptional. I would like to cook some up.

YouKnowWho
08-17-2011, 01:18 PM
http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6452&d=1313590578

What I can see is:

- over weight,
- heart attack,
- stroke,
- diabetes,
- high blood pressure,

It's not good for your health.

CYMac
08-17-2011, 02:03 PM
We call that ham hocks. There is almost no possible way to cook them that they are not really good. I use red wine vinegar, ginger, a tad of sugar, salt, pepper, and a dash of soy sauce, cook them slowly in a crock pot most of the day. Don't know how close to yours that is, but it has convinced me to go and buy some ham hocks. I serve it over rice
You can cook them in water in the crock pot, seasoning as it cooks, and as it approaches done you can add uncooked rice, allowing it to absorb the broth of the ham hocks and seasoning. This is so good you can not stop until it is all gone. You will injure your stomach by over extending it.
I must admit though, yours looks rather exceptional. I would like to cook some up.

Haha~ Mine taste very soft and gummy, and it dissolve in your mouth too.. We need to cook it for 4hrs or more to get it to this stage and the vinegar just east into the pork too. They are soo good.. but I tried those un-ready to eat ones and they are very hard to chew and they are really no good as you mentioned.

So if you want to try, I can share you my recipe too` hehe!

It's just way too good...!

CYMac
08-17-2011, 02:05 PM
http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6452&d=1313590578

What I can see is:

- over weight,
- heart attack,
- stroke,
- diabetes,
- high blood pressure,

It's not good for your health.

Drinking too much water can be dangerous too, or drinking too much wine can also kill. It all depends how much you eat and how you eat it. If you eat it right, it boost your immune system and it is a healthy diet. Won't get your over weight or heart attack, don't worry~ :)

JamesC
08-19-2011, 07:21 AM
Drinking too much water can be dangerous too, or drinking too much wine can also kill. It all depends how much you eat and how you eat it. If you eat it right, it boost your immune system and it is a healthy diet. Won't get your over weight or heart attack, don't worry~ :)

Right. You do realize that you're overweight don't you?

CYMac
08-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Right. You do realize that you're overweight don't you?

No I am not actually. I am quite good, at least I am not like the cops in Canada with a big tummy and all that. I don't eat tons of doughnuts and coffee too! LOL~

JamesC
08-19-2011, 12:20 PM
No I am not actually. I am quite good, at least I am not like the cops in Canada with a big tummy and all that. I don't eat tons of doughnuts and coffee too! LOL~

Yes you are. Even by your own account.

Here is one of the first threads you made on this website:http://martial.securesites.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60250

In it you said this:

Doing kungfu don't make fat go away~ :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doing kungfu don't keep you fit... I have 400 forms to circulate and 150 forms a day, still, it won't get my ripped~ haha!

Only weight training helps to reduce fat.. that's just so sad... I tried it for so many years, yes.. no matter how much kungfu I do, it won't get me slim..

I then told you that you needed to change your diet. You said:

Not really. I am born with a bad mother. My mother have screwed my body up because she left a dead baby in the stomach with me for 7 months and that crap got my body ill, permanent distroy my health, my vision and hearing and of course my body do not function as well as normal people and so that is a reason why my weight just always go up even not eating much. I don't even drink coke or eat junks or anything. I eat very heathy and freshly home cooked food too! haha~
Weight training helped me, and so that's the way to go~

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

CYMac
08-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Yes you are. Even by your own account.

Here is one of the first threads you made on this website:http://martial.securesites.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60250

In it you said this:

I then told you that you needed to change your diet. You said:

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

No you are not understanding the situation my friend. Some pretty girls will say they are ugly even they are already pretty. If you tell them they are not, they will yell and scream too.

I went to my doctor to do check up and I am perfectly fit as well with no health problems. Just that my expectation maybe too much, doesn't means that what I am saying is ironic to the past post. I was looking for getting ripped, but it's hard. Does a person not get ripped means overweight? um, what logic is in your mind?

Brule
08-22-2011, 06:11 AM
Why did you go to the doctor? You're a taoism magical Tin Hat Lineage holder. You can do a spell to rid your body of toxins. I don't get you.....

CYMac
08-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Why did you go to the doctor? You're a taoism magical Tin Hat Lineage holder. You can do a spell to rid your body of toxins. I don't get you.....

Magic cultivation promotes logic and wisdom, those who are stupid in the ancient times don't trust medic and logic, they became superstitious and lost so many lives just because they don't think right. All Taoist in Tin Yat Lineage also need to learn this wisdom part as well. Magic is there for a reason but it is not something to replace medicine or regular body checks as well. If you think magic can be anything, you are just being superstitious. Magic is not for that. it's like you are now learning to do wood work here in my class, but when you need a ceramic cup or a metal shelf, wood work cannot replace it. Or if you toilet is stuck at home, you cannot use what you got in wood working class to fix it. Don't be stupid, act with wisdom, not like those undeveloped aboriginals who in ancient china who toss babies into the fire to worship for good luck.. that's not how you should act in Taoism.

Lee Chiang Po
08-22-2011, 06:47 PM
Some of you guys need to lighten up. There is no way that this dish is bad for you. The bowl of rice is more likely to cause the heart attack than the pork. Fat does not metabolize into fat. Only carbohydrates metabolize into fat. pasta, noodles, breads, and most anything rich in starches will be bad, with rice probably being the least of the bunch. Well, processed sugars are probably the worst of all.
I am overweight. And I am old. I go to the VA every 6 months for a checkup, and my numbers are always very low. Cholesterol is around 100, with very low triglycerides. My good cholesterol is higher, bad low. The numbers speak for themselves. I eat stuff like this all the time. At one time I ate lots of starchy vegetables and breads, drank lots of soda with sugar, and loved sweets. You should have seen my numbers then.

CYMac
08-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Haha! Finally someone is here talking with experience. Cool, nice to hear!

I don't see how this pot of thing, when you only eat it once a while, will cause you any problem at all~

Brule
08-23-2011, 12:47 PM
Moderation is key. Also, genetics help too. Some people can eat crap all day every day and still have good test results, others have to follow a strict diet or they run the risk of losing their health. Such is life, we're not all created the same.