PDA

View Full Version : Choy Lay Fut Eagle Claw Kung Fu Book By Jose Chua ?

Firehawk4
08-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Here is that Choy Lay Fut Eagle Claw Kung Fu book By Jose Chua he learned from a Sifu named Tee Ngai Ping does anybody know anything about this book or Sifu ?

Firehawk4
08-17-2011, 12:52 PM
here is where you can get the book http://www.amazon.com/Choi-Fut-Eagle-Claw-Kung/dp/B00140DVLK/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1313610338&sr=1-1

hskwarrior
08-17-2011, 02:11 PM
When did choy lee fut get an eagle claw? :confused::confused::confused:

Firehawk4
08-17-2011, 03:24 PM
The book says Jose Chua learned Choy Lay Fut from that Sifu in the Filiphines the book was printed in 1980 also he learned Hung Gar from Lao Kim the Hung Gar sifu mentioned in that old Hung Gar thread . Maybe this is some strange form that some Sifu made up some time ago .

tungmojingjung
08-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Years ago in hong kong, there was a choy lee fut sifu who was also a ying jow pai sifu as well can't remember his name, but he created a few sets of the combined systems, i have learned one of them in times past, i taught the set to one of my female students Clare years ago. If I recall the Sifu is Tse Wing something, can't remember clearly.

hskwarrior
08-17-2011, 03:35 PM
oh Tse Wing Bun did that?

CLFNole
08-17-2011, 05:28 PM
Yep Tse Wing Bun did both ying jow and CLF. Might have been under Lau Fat Man but not 100% sure. As far as the form in that book :eek:

soulfist
08-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Jeh Wing Bun was the adopted son of Chui Jeung. He and Chui Gwong Yuen both studied CLF under Chui Jeung and also Eagle Claw Fan Ji Mun under Lau Faat Mang, Lily Lau's father.

As Ive seen Jeh Wing Bun brought the Eagle Claw weapons he learned over to his CLF system, and also made one CLF form called "Lohan Keun" which he based off of the Eagle Claw form of the same name, though no eagle claw within it. Chui Gwong Yuen spoke to me alot about Eagle Claw style but only when I asked, as he dropped it decades ago.

Other than this Ive never heard of an Eagle Claw relation to CLF.

jdhowland
08-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Jeh Wing Bun was the adopted son of Chui Jeung. He and Chui Gwong Yuen both studied CLF under Chui Jeung and also Eagle Claw Fan Ji Mun under Lau Faat Mang, Lily Lau's father.

As Ive seen Jeh Wing Bun brought the Eagle Claw weapons he learned over to his CLF system, and also made one CLF form called "Lohan Keun" which he based off of the Eagle Claw form of the same name, though no eagle claw within it. Chui Gwong Yuen spoke to me alot about Eagle Claw style but only when I asked, as he dropped it decades ago.

Other than this Ive never heard of an Eagle Claw relation to CLF.

Nice post, soulfist. You beat me to it.

Tse (pronounced Jeh in Cantonese) Wing Bun was my sifu's uncle and first teacher. He carried on Lau Faat Man's eagle claw as well as CLF.