PDA

View Full Version : Thought someone would find this interesting...

The Whyzyrd
10-31-2001, 10:18 PM
THQ Announces Exclusive Rights to Publish Fighting Games Based on the ``Pride'' Fighting championship; First Game Scheduled to Release for PlayStation 2

Thu Nov 1 14:13:00 2001 GMT
CALABASAS HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 1, 2001--
THQ Inc. (Nasdaq:THQI) today announced an exclusive agreement with Dream Stage Entertainment to publish fighting games based on the "Pride" license in North America and Europe. The five-year agreement includes rights to develop games for every viable gaming platform including the PlayStation(R) 2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox(TM) videogame system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube(TM) and PC.

The first game scheduled for release under this agreement is "Pride" for PlayStation 2. Set to
release in the back half of 2002, "Pride" for PlayStation 2 is currently in development for THQ
by Anchor, creators of "WWF Raw"(R).

"THQ has a long and storied history of partnering with the best wrestling and fighting developers in the world to deliver the most authentic and entertaining games possible," said Brian Farrell, president and chief executive officer, THQ.

"Working with a world-class developer such as Anchor will ensure that 'Pride' for PlayStation
2 is one of the most painstakingly accurate and dramatic fighting games ever created."

About "Pride"
"Pride" pits the top fighters in the world from several different combative sports including
wrestling, karate, judo, kickboxing and others, into one ring under the same rules. The philosophy of "Pride" is the acceptance of any technique of any school of combat. "Pride" is the survival of the strongest. Not the strongest in a specific genre, but the strongest of all combative sports fields.

About "Pride" for PlayStation 2
"Pride" for PlayStation 2 is the first game based on the fighting championship for any system. "Pride" features detailed fighter models with 5,000 polygons per fighter, an advanced graphics engine depicting blood and sweat, and a robust combat system complete with multiple counter-attacks and one-hit knock-outs.

Players can choose from more than 25 of the top fighters in the world including Kazushi Sakuraba, Igor Vovchanchyn, Heath Herring and Vanderlei Silva, or design their own character with the game's in-depth "create a fighter" mode. All of the "Pride" fighters' signature ring entrances, stare-downs and moves are present in the game

"The Wolf does not regard the barking dog

Xebsball
10-31-2001, 10:31 PM
Thats ******* great, man

-------------------------
I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt
I'm too sexy for your mother, too sexy for your mother
So sexy, YEAH

Budokan
10-31-2001, 10:34 PM
Rolls has already pre-ordered his copy.

K. Mark Hoover

Taomonkey
10-31-2001, 10:37 PM
you can almost hear ralek spankin away in anticipation, just think of all the cool moves he will move. Better hurry and chalenge him quick before he learns some real art.

Drunken1
10-31-2001, 11:00 PM
If he (ralek, rolls, wtf) was smart, he'd study the shaolin monk character in Virtua Fighter 4!

CD Lee
11-01-2001, 12:00 AM
I'll bet Rolls' arms are not the same size.