PDA

View Full Version : Using your style of kungfu, how would you fight off the Flu?

Tvebak
03-05-2001, 02:06 PM
Im trying with some Taichi and what little Qigong i know, and it feels like it helps.
If anyone of you have some good exercises to do when you are sicks, then i would like to hear it.
Thanks in advance.
-Tvebak.

tanglangman
03-05-2001, 04:44 PM
Personally I think that total rest is the best way to deal with the flu. Eat a drink healthy food lots of fruit and veg and bread and soup. I suppose that you could do some kind of deep breathing exercises but I think that horizontal on the bed is best.

Godzilla
03-05-2001, 06:18 PM
If you really have the flu and would like to feel better, I have a suggestion.

Make a ‘Life Broth’.

Go to the local grocery store and pick up an assortment of vegetables. Choose anything you like – maybe try to get one of each color (carrot, celery, potato, beet, onion, etc.). Add some leafy greens like cabbage, lettuce, parsley, thyme, etc.

Get a pot of water boiling then add the veggies. Bring the pot to a boil again with the veggies. Shut off the heat and let this sit for one and one half to two hours.

Strain the water into a pitcher and throw out the dead veggies. Sip the water throughout the day and enjoy. You will start to feel better immediately.

Truly,
Godzilla

whitelion
03-06-2001, 12:29 AM
When I first start feeling sick, I try and do as many forms as I can, training hard enough to work up a good sweat. I then keep myself warm and have a hot shower, followed by sleep. This usually helps to fight it off.

------------------------------------
Talk softly and carry a big stick.

prana
03-06-2001, 12:30 AM
In de west
There is a danger in training during colds and flu's. Sleep and rest and plenty of fluids are the best. No exercise whatsoever, definitely.

In de east
Meditation by calming the mind and remaining equanimous towards what aches and pains. Also plenty of rest, especially for the mind. As defilements are the causes of sickness and disease.

Conclude...
Like a bown of mixed grained cereals. If you dont like a grian, dont throw the whole bowl away. Put aside what you dont like and eat the rest. The birds would share on the rest of the seeds

8stepsifu
03-06-2001, 01:58 AM
1. Either work out to raise your body temperature and kill it.

2. Or meditate, unblock your merdian, do some chi kung to start the chi flowing.

Tvebak
03-06-2001, 01:51 PM
I have found that doing Deep breathing exercises really helps with my sore throat.
Since i am allmost unable to eat normal food, im trying out godzillas Life broth...it seems to work very well.
I think i will be able to get back to school(And training) Tomorrow, thanks for you help.
-Tvebak

Fish of Fury
03-06-2001, 03:26 PM
i've also found directing breath up the spine, then down the front (govenor and conception vessels i think) helps clear minor sore throats and ailments, particularly with a "clearing" intention down the front
maybe it's just me