PDA

View Full Version : Has Kimbo Slice's boxing debut been posted yet? 11.3 second knockout

IronFist
08-20-2011, 05:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR2g0kkGnqU

LFJ
08-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Looked like the guys neck broke falling off the ring. :eek: He got terrible whiplash at least.

taai gihk yahn
08-20-2011, 05:34 PM
<cough>fixed<cough>

IronFist
08-20-2011, 08:27 PM
<cough>fixed<cough>

Yeah people were saying he was a low ranking fighter they set up so Kimbo would win or something.

lkfmdc
08-20-2011, 08:33 PM
<cough>fixed<cough>

NOT "fixed" in the sense the guy didn't actually take a punch and was actually awake

Guy was OUT COLD

fixed in the sense he's a 0-1 and probably has a losing amateur record (maybe NO amateur record) and he was 100% safe bet for the promoters of this fight

This is, and always has been, how that industry runs

goju
08-20-2011, 09:47 PM
Kimbos just about as low tier so its fair for him to fight a guy like this.

He seems like a nice guy so i'm happy for him. Always felt he had decent hands.

Lucas
08-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Kimbos just about as low tier so its fair for him to fight a guy like this.

He seems like a nice guy so i'm happy for him. Always felt he had decent hands.

that's about how I think. does kimbo have an official boxing record? If not then you got to start at the bottom. Ya not an even match up, per se, but that's just because kimbos entering later in his years with an already developed and experienced game. I doubt dude wanted to get ko so fast. It will make for a bigger draw on his next match up. Everyone wants to se kimbo get ktfo

goju
08-21-2011, 11:03 AM
that's about how I think. does kimbo have an official boxing record? If not then you got to start at the bottom. Ya not an even match up, per se, but that's just because kimbos entering later in his years with an already developed and experienced game. I doubt dude wanted to get ko so fast. It will make for a bigger draw on his next match up. Everyone wants to se kimbo get ktfo

Exactly kimbo is 37 and has old arthritic granny knees along with little formal training.He should be fighting where he is at and slooooowly move up the ladder and see how it works.

JamesC
08-21-2011, 01:17 PM

I don't wanna see him knocked out! I like the guy.

Dragonzbane76
08-21-2011, 06:18 PM
watched interviews with the guy. Seems like a nice enough guy. He's not ****y and never said that he was the greatest only that he wants to fight and learn. Hope he does well.

bawang
08-22-2011, 05:38 AM
i dont like kimbo anymore because he doesnt scare the white peoples

BJJ-Blue
08-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Exactly kimbo is 37 and has old arthritic granny knees along with little formal training.He should be fighting where he is at and slooooowly move up the ladder and see how it works.

He isn't goint to move up the ladder. He is too old and has no amateur experience. They are gonna do exactly what they did in MMA, bring in cans to fight him so the crowd hopefully gets to see a nasty KO. I believe he is promoted by Gary Shaw. It was Shaw's moron son who ran Elite and that was how he was handled there, so why would they change it?

Kevin73
08-22-2011, 10:27 AM
NOT "fixed" in the sense the guy didn't actually take a punch and was actually awake

Guy was OUT COLD

fixed in the sense he's a 0-1 and probably has a losing amateur record (maybe NO amateur record) and he was 100% safe bet for the promoters of this fight

This is, and always has been, how that industry runs

I agree, most "new" fighters have their promoters find fights that their person can win and get experience and confidence. Why would you start your guy on someone who is going to destroy him?

But, it was not "fixed" in that the other guy was paid to lose. It's rumors like this that already hurt the sport. No sense in adding fuel to the fire when it's not the case.

BTW did anyone catch Petrozeli's (sp?) KO of Ricco Rodriguez in Belator this past weekend? I think it said he hadn't fought since KOing Kimbo in EliteXC.

goju
08-22-2011, 10:52 AM
I agree, most "new" fighters have their promoters find fights that their person can win and get experience and confidence. Why would you start your guy on someone who is going to destroy him?

But, it was not "fixed" in that the other guy was paid to lose. It's rumors like this that already hurt the sport. No sense in adding fuel to the fire when it's not the case.

BTW did anyone catch Petrozeli's (sp?) KO of Ricco Rodriguez in Belator this past weekend? I think it said he hadn't fought since KOing Kimbo in EliteXC.

nah he had fought like five or six times after the kimbo fight. Last i saw him before this he gotten his arm pretty badly injured in the ufc

Frost
08-22-2011, 12:01 PM

unlike other boxers with less than a handful of fights, hes trained professionally with some of the best striking and grappling coaches in the USA, was a mis match from the start. you cant compare someone whose a journeyman pro with someone who had the likes of Bas and ATT training them full time for over a year

goju
08-22-2011, 12:25 PM
unlike other boxers with less than a handful of fights, hes trained professionally with some of the best striking and grappling coaches in the USA, was a mis match from the start. you cant compare someone whose a journeyman pro with someone who had the likes of Bas and ATT training them full time for over a year

You still have to factor in his age and his knees into the equation though and of course how well hes been able to progress with those guys.Granted he SHOULD have been able to soak up alot given who he is training with but it doesnt mean he has. His striking still hasn't improved significantly from when he started with bas to now. Look at how he just lunged into wades space with his head on center for most of the fight and kept reaching for punches.Outside of the slip and body shot there was little technique there that would suggest hes had a superior advantage over wade. Kimbo just had a punch and possibly wade did not have much of a chin so that lead to what happened.

Att also noted kimbos a slow learner and his boxing coach noted his debut kept getting delayed because he is easily distracted from training

BJJ-Blue
08-22-2011, 12:47 PM
When you start boxing training in your 30s, you're not going to go far as a pro.

ESPN was doing a report on the Heavyweigh Factory, a gym where ex-HW Champion Michael Moorer trains ex-football players for a career in boxing. Both Teddy Atlas and the guest fighter in studio (cant remember who) were discussing if any of these guys can become serious contenders considering they are already in great shape when they begin training. Everyone agreed they likely will not go far because alot of the basics that must become second nature in a fight are drilled into boxers as teenagers or even younger. And these guys are starting out at too old an age to learn those basics to the extent they need to be learned to become high level fighters. And Kimbo is not only older than those guys, but not in the shape they were. So I don't expect much out of him other than him knocking out low level, hand-picked opponents.

Kevin73
08-23-2011, 04:59 AM
nah he had fought like five or six times after the kimbo fight. Last i saw him before this he gotten his arm pretty badly injured in the ufc

Yup, you're right. I looked up his fight record on Sherdog. When I looked at it I realized I was remembering them talking alot about the Kimbo fight and then they were showing his most notable wins and they had Kimbo listed as the last fight and thought it was his last fight.

m1k3
08-25-2011, 11:42 AM
I can see Kimbo becoming the new butterbean. King of the 4 rounders. Maybe the bean would even do a comeback. That would be interesting.

Darthlawyer
08-26-2011, 10:49 PM
It looks like they shaved a homeless man and put him in the ring to be his opponent. If that guy has trained more than 4 weeks in his life as a fighter, then I'm Mickey Mouse.