PDA

View Full Version : HOW many AGREE or DONT AGREE,THAT ONLY FORM TRAINING IS GOOD ENOUGH TO TEACH YOU HOW TO HANDLE YOU

03-10-2001, 02:33 AM
A lot of MARTIALART SCHOOLS,ESP., KUNGFU,TEACHES FORMS ONLY ,NO VIGOROUS FULL CONTACT SPARRING IS BELIEVED.THEY ARE TOLD BY THEIR SIFU'S THAT FORMS TRAINING IS GOOD ENOUGH TO PREPARE THEM FOR THE REAL THING.....how many kungfu schools you know or are in,that ever does any full contact sparring??????????????

kelvein chan

03-10-2001, 02:52 AM
From my personal experience,wingchun,bigua,hungga.(the schools i know )not every one but the majority of these style and school mentioned teaches there students that they dont spar full contact was because there art is too dangerous or deadly ,they also discourage any students from entering tournaments.I personallly have fought people from these style and there lack of full contact has stuffed them.........

kelvein chan

joedoe
03-10-2001, 05:32 AM
mercilessfighter, did you forget to change your login when you posted your reply?

BTW, I don't think just forms training is enough to prepare yourself, sparring is definitely important.

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

Waidan
03-10-2001, 10:27 AM
The best part about this topic is, it appears in the "Kung Fu Training and Health" section. Why don't you toss it into the Qigong area while you're at it (if you haven't already).

BTW I don't think anyone even remotely serious about combative CMA would suggest that form training alone will prepare you to fight.

Juggler
03-10-2001, 10:45 AM
No, form training alone is not enough.
There should be some sort of controlled sparring.

BIU JI
03-10-2001, 12:53 PM
I bet in the end after all your ramblings you use Kick Boxing style , no real form understanding.

Boris
03-10-2001, 01:03 PM
Because as far as I know mercilessfister, your school doesn't have full contact sparring either so I think it's pretty ironic of you to start this discussion to take a jab at southern schools. :D

If you hold anything back, I'll kill you. If you bend the truth, or if I think you're bending the truth, I'll kill you. If you forget anything, I'll kill you. In fact, you're going to have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. I hope you understand everything

fiercest tiger
03-11-2001, 12:21 AM
hi guys,

abandit, boris, the crew **** this guy! dont answer him, he doesnt know who he is posting under stupid c@nt.

go and do a mantis for you d!ck.

:p

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

03-11-2001, 02:12 AM
Our school encourages full contact sparring,as well as taking on other styles for sparring , as well as joining up with different schools ,so you are well versed to different moves for different styles ,and it has made us better fighters.
AS for you TOOTHLESS TIGER,orwas it *****CAT........sounds like you are one of those who bury there head in sand and assume all there only form trainings is good enough to see them through fights,i'll tell you it's people like you who will get your arse kicked by karate etc .,so go out into the world and do full contact.I am not boasting but in real life i spar with anybody whenever asked ,i never turn down sparring offers whether it be with boxers or street grablers..............that way it prepares me for real stuff and i have had some good fights to test all my dirty techniques............

kelvein chan

Muhammad
03-11-2001, 02:57 AM
Yeah i spar with my AK-47 all the time, u want to spar with me Merciless???

There is only one god and Muhammad is his prophet

Fish of Fury
03-11-2001, 03:00 AM
so basically merciless, you're a thug.
is that what you're saying?

dunbarj01
03-11-2001, 03:05 AM
What the hell is a grabler????? You seem to have a lot of difficulty "grabling" with the English language, mercilesswanker. I suggest you do something better with your time...like donate your kidneys - it's something that doesn't require a brain, you don't have to "grable" with it and it's pretty hard to f**k up.

03-11-2001, 04:02 AM
That was a quick response from you shaolin clowns,what a pity your circus kf is ****.The senior instructor that came to our CASTLEHILL branch,is that the best you got.,he and his tag team buddy was even so scared that they ,INTRODUCED THEMSELVES AS KARATE JUJITSU.WHY WHY WHY WHY ?????????NOT INTRODUCED YOUR TRUE STYLE?????????WHY FAKE YOURSELF, STYLE.,IS YOUR STYLE SO LOUSY THAT YOU ARE TOO AFRAID TO MENTION IT .THE QUESTION IS WHY LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DONT YOU AGREE THAT IF YOU COME TO CHALLANGE ,WHY ON EARTH DID THEY HAVE TO LIE ABOUT THE STYLE THEY DO.??????????????????????

kelvein chan

joedoe
03-11-2001, 04:43 AM
mercilessfighter, where is the phone number or website for the Castle Hill school. If I don't get your school's address in the US then how am I supposed to visit you when I am over there?

Why don't you just give me your school's address here? Please answer me, otherwise I will not get to come and visit your school and see how good it is.

Fish of Fury
03-11-2001, 04:57 AM
i don't know what machado jujitsu is, and i don't know what you're crapping on about most of the time...but i do know that you're a pretty poor example of a human being, let alone a martial artist.

fiercest tiger
03-11-2001, 05:36 AM
well i did full contact kickboxing and kung fu, plus gold medal hapkido australia at 16 yrs old. 7 fights lost 1.

anything else you would like to ask. i have done many styles of martial arts, grabling never done that. who teachers this your sifu?

castle hill kung fu is all made up and not real, my student went there to watch about 8 months ago and laughed, the teacher teaches kickboxing instead of kung fu because he said that traditional kung fu dont work... so why call it shaolin kung fu if he doesnt like kung fu. another money spinner.

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

Shaolin Master
03-11-2001, 06:08 AM
Different School
-Castle Hill is Keith Blackburn (modern non-classical mix and match kung fu).... KF pretty poor but an excellent individual.....always seeking to learn....

-Kings Langley (MercilessFig,Goktimus and the rest) are Paul Beech (Adam Hsu Disciple)...Praying Mantis,Piguazhang,Tai Ji and a little Baji probably still learning as the teacher is continually travelling to Shantung Prov. and taiwan, USA etc... also an acupuncturist and quite good in the art he practices....

anyway...byebye

03-11-2001, 07:10 AM
ABANDIT: SHAOLIN MASTER,had to spoon feed information again to you,why pretend to not know ,whereas your senior instrutor has been to the school .

kelvein chan

03-11-2001, 07:53 AM
fish of death, is that what you smell like? you call yourself a MA?your kidding right? you don't even know what machado jujitsu is.go bury your head in the sand you sh1thead

joedoe
03-11-2001, 07:59 AM
mercilessfighter, you persist in being rude to me. I am just asking for your US school address because I want to come visit. Why is it so hard for you to give me that information? I have told you many times now that I cannot make it up to Sydney to visit the Castle Hill school before I go to the US, so I agreed to call the school. But you can't give me any phone number or website to get the number to call them.

ShaolinMaster has given us details of the school, but no contact details. If you have them, can you give them to me please?

If you are in the US, then I will come and visit you when I am over there. Otherwise if you are just another one of Goktimus' friends then I will try to come to Sydney to visit the Castle Hill school when I get back.

And my senior instructor has not visited the school. He has not been up to Sydney since last year, so I don't know what you are talking about.

Shaolin Master
03-11-2001, 08:37 AM
Ph : 02 9620 7997

Fish of Fury
03-11-2001, 09:56 AM
gee, monkeyfister, i'm sorry. i never said i know everything about all MA's...but "i know kungfu" as they say in the classics, and i trained full contact kickboxing prior to doing kungfu.
and yes...in many ways my fighting ability has improved since taking up kungfu(though the full contact experience was very valuable).
i also think there's a lot more to kungfu than just fighting, and a few insults from a dweeb like you aren't gonna change my mind (or annoy me, but keep trying :) )
so, insult away...

joedoe
03-11-2001, 02:56 PM
Thanx ShaolinMaster

BIU JI
03-12-2001, 02:43 PM
hehe a few respectful posts on the way from MF is there or he doesn't actually train at that school!? I'll go!

tanglangman
03-12-2001, 06:14 PM
I wish Merciless would stop SHOUTING!!!!!

stormy
03-28-2001, 04:19 AM
Where, exactly, do you get off, man. I've heard some dumb remarks from some stupid people, but you make me sick. It's alittle out of context but: What kind of teacher (yeah f***ing right) suggests to a 14 year old kid that he takes steroids to build muscle. That is the lowest thing I have ever witnessed in my entire life. When you die I pity the insects and worms that have to clean your filthy corpse from this world.

joedoe
03-28-2001, 09:16 AM
Chill man, he's been kicked off the forum.

tanglangman
03-28-2001, 05:08 PM
I think that I am going to miss him in a strange sort of way. When did he get kicked off? :(

joedoe
03-29-2001, 01:29 AM
Dunno when, but he hasn't been around in a while and I can only assume he's been kicked like 5*.

I kind of miss him too - it's been pretty quiet without him :D

tanglangman
03-29-2001, 04:03 PM
Maybe he just went on holiday??? If an mediators see this could they confirm if he's been banished?

ComE BACK MErcceliss ALL is FOOrgivn!

Unless someone else wants to take up the mantle of this forum's equivalent of the village idiot!

Destrous9
04-18-2001, 10:27 PM
Mr. Merciless,

"INTRODUCED THEMSELVES AS KARATE JUJITSU.WHY WHY WHY WHY ?????????NOT INTRODUCED YOUR TRUE STYLE?????????WHY FAKE YOURSELF, STYLE.,IS YOUR STYLE SO LOUSY THAT YOU ARE TOO AFRAID TO MENTION IT .THE QUESTION IS WHY LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I am a student of ba gua. I have only trained for 7 months total in my entire life. I am not afraid of the truth, as most on this board are not either. My main goal is to provote better health, and stay away from fighting.

Does this make me a weak wimp, unable to win a fight if I had to? No. I am 5'10", 290, with 10 years of heavy powerlifting experience, and was a **** good amateur 'grabler' :p . If you tried to pokey poke me with your little mantis fingers, and your Don Knotts physique, you would learn fast why sparring is not necessary.

Sparring does not equal super fighter, and most of us DO NOT train to fight other super fighters.

Have a nice day.

"Deep down inside of all of us is the power to accomplish what we want to, if we'll just stop looking elsewhere."

lim
04-20-2001, 01:40 AM
The two should be practiced side by side, the forms give you the technique and the sparring gives you timing,distance and helps you co-ordinate the techniques that you have learned.
why have half a glass of milk when you can have a full one? :) lim

jackiech
05-03-2001, 06:08 PM
Our school is full contact sparring.
Many many times I have hurt myself when someone better has kick me