PDA

View Full Version : Should we be concerned?

sanjuro_ronin
08-25-2011, 12:24 PM
In a few forums I have read a few posters voicing their concerns about the eventual economic collaps of the western world.
Things along the lines of stock piling weapons and provisions and tradeable goods are mentioned more and more.
Should we be concerned?
If yes, why?
If No, Why?

David Jamieson
08-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Hmmmmn...doom and gloom eh?

sanjuro_ronin
08-25-2011, 12:43 PM
Its seems like a lot of people are wearing those glasses and I was curious as to why?

BJJ-Blue
08-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Because alot of factors are present that have been present in other places where doing that would have been the smart thing to do.

We have high unemployment, little to no economic growth, a huge national debt, we are printing money like mad, and we are seeing certain politicians ratcheting up class/race warfare. All of those factors were present in the Weimar Republic, for example. And you see pictures of those people literally hauling wheelbarrows full of paper money to buy a loaf of bread, and people burning money to heat their homes and cook with because that was cheaper than buying heating oil or firewood.

So some people say that it's smart to stock up on necessities when prices are still low, rather than having no reserves if prices skyrocket. And of course if things work out ok and you dont need the food reserves, you just wont have to buy food for awhile. ;)

I'll say this; I'm VERY conservative, but I'm not doing that. I do own guns, and I do have ammunition for them. But I have no food stockpile. Now if the community organizer gets re-elected, I will start to stockpile food and more ammunition. Call me nuts, but I truly believe if he has another 4 years to implement his economic policies, which all exascerbate the problems I mentioned above, we really could see bad things happen. Things like inflation/hyperinflation, record unemployment, food and/or race riots, etc. And not to sound 'kooky' but alot of the rhetoric used against people like me is frighteningly similar to the rhetoric levelled at Jews in the 1930s. Things like, We are greedy and want ot see our countrymen starve and die, we have all the money and won't share it, we hate people who aren't like us in a racial way, etc. Hell, the Vice President of the United States called us "terrorists"! That really does scare me, both as a student of/major in history and as a person who lost many of my Jewish ancestors to the Nazis.

rett
08-25-2011, 01:00 PM
In a few forums I have read a few posters voicing their concerns about the eventual economic collaps of the western world.
Things along the lines of stock piling weapons and provisions and tradeable goods are mentioned more and more.
Should we be concerned?
If yes, why?
If No, Why?

No.

I've been hearing that since the late 1970s. The exact same thing. It hasn't happened yet.

I mean sure, if you like camping and hunting then by all means prepare for the great collapse and have fun in the outdoors.

bawang
08-25-2011, 01:03 PM
stockpiling food is not the answer. you need to buy your own farm and learn subsistence farming

or course buying tin cans doesnt take hard work

David Jamieson
08-25-2011, 01:05 PM
economic collapse appears to be cyclical and just in time to kill people's hard worked for and hard earned retirement funds to ensure that the ride out has hardship as well.

I think an entire restructure of governance and especially civil service needs to happen and it needs to happen 25 years ago.

we, collectively have all taken the wrong path and now greed is a major factor in why things are bad. It's not economic policy so much anymore as it is pure greed.

So, being a person who can make himself comfortable with or without money I could care less if the whole thing burned to the ground tomorrow and there was nothing left. I could still find apples and catch fish.

I live and work in this society. Mostly it's good. Most of the time.
But if it goes away...really, I do not care. I do not care if the whole country becomes poor, so what.

we can go pretty far before we are dying in the streets of starvation.

America is simply prolonging the inevitable with their economic collapse. It will come to war probably. But hopefully I'll be old and die quick when the Chinese and Russians invade. :p

bawang
08-25-2011, 01:07 PM
i for one welcome our future chinese overlords

David Jamieson
08-25-2011, 01:12 PM

It'll be insects. the Chinese will be working for the Mantids from Beta Reticuli. :p

sanjuro_ronin
08-25-2011, 01:13 PM

LOL !

I am gonna be 42 in a couple of weeks and I have heard this all before too, but to be honest, after awhile one begins to have concerns as to if we are just saying "heard it all before" and NOT paying attention.
Know what I mean?

bawang
08-25-2011, 01:14 PM
LOL !

I am gonna be 42 in a couple of weeks and I have heard this all before too, but to be honest, after awhile one begins to have concerns as to if we are just saying "heard it all before" and NOT paying attention.
Know what I mean?

i do not know what you mean

It'll be insects. the Chinese will be working for the Mantids from Beta Reticuli. :p

no we server the cybersaurs from the year 4050

Dale Dugas
08-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Thank god for the skills I have if and when the whole things hits the c r a p p e r.

I can grow all my own food, raise animals, slaughter and dress said animals, heal myself and others using acupuncture and herbs, protect my land, clan and hard earned items with all manner of weapons projectile and non-projectile.

If the whole things hits the fan, I can be a Biao Biao, a caravan guard, barefoot doctor, body guard, etc.

Who says all these archaic skills will never be necessary. Never say never, and be prepared for the worst.

If it does not appear, all the better, but if it does....

I am ready.

SimonM
08-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Welcome back to my sig-line quotes Bawang. :D

bawang
08-25-2011, 01:52 PM
thanx

dfgdfgdfhgfh

dirtyrat
08-25-2011, 02:01 PM
is the economic collapse of the western world inevitable? the US dollar no longer has a gold standard; not since the Nixon administration. But US still has the more gold than any other nation. though i guess you could say that gold will be used to pay off the nation's debt.

SimonM
08-25-2011, 02:06 PM
This is assuming that the rest of the world WANTS the USA's shiny yellow rocks.

(Honestly, the gold standard never made any frigging sense to me, gold is basically a worthless heavy metal, pretty to look at but not much else.)

bawang
08-25-2011, 02:06 PM
western world rely on war to sustain their economies.

the problem is todays westerners is getting too soft, plus tv and internet now allow atrocities to be broadcasted into our very homes

trying to use video games but instead causing young army recruits to be traumatized and develop ptsd is another latest failure

dirtyrat
08-25-2011, 02:18 PM
like anything else, value is a matter of perception.

gold is widely seen as valuable around the world. it certainly has more worth than the US dollar.

goju
08-25-2011, 02:21 PM
So, being a person who can make himself comfortable with or without money I could care less if the whole thing burned to the ground tomorrow and there was nothing left. I could still find apples and catch fish.

I live and work in this society. Mostly it's good. Most of the time.
But if it goes away...really, I do not care. I do not care if the whole country becomes poor, so what.

Uh you'll care when any sort of order collapses due to this.You really think people are just going to be skipping down to the local lake to catch fish and pick apples?

Hell look how your country reacted over a hockey game lol

http://tumblr-gifs.com/pics/157.gif

bawang
08-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Hell look how your country reacted over a hockey game lol

http://tumblr-gifs.com/pics/157.gif

they were just bored kids. they dont have any actal survival skills, will be tasty food reserve after the bombs fall

GeneChing
08-30-2011, 04:58 PM
stock piling weapons
Get your weapons here. (http://www.martialartsmart.com/weapons.html)

stuff
08-30-2011, 09:47 PM
Get your weapons here. (http://www.martialartsmart.com/weapons.html)

I haha this made me lol. Thanks Gene for fixing my account

Hardwork108
08-31-2011, 02:20 AM
Should we be concerned?
If yes, why?
If No, Why?

It is said that the private banking cartel that runs the world will cause a huge financial collapse so as to sell the idea of a world central bank and currency to the world masses who ordinarily would not accept this.

This is how it is supposed to work. After the huge financial collapse and the resultant suffering the peoples of the world will accept any solution to be saved from such events in the future, that "solution" is going to be a World Central Bank and Currency.

Of course, this is another step in the formation of a world government, or if you like the New World Order.

Anyway, that is the theory, but so far it seems the proponents of this theory have been right, specially in view of the fact that major politicians have finally come out in the last few years and have ACKNOWLEDGED the New World Order - and as a good thing, at that.

To truly understand about any up´and coming financial disaster, you will need to know what is money and how the world financial system REALLY works. Have a look at this explanation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peiTfY7Bx4c

Hardwork108
08-31-2011, 02:23 AM
This is assuming that the rest of the world WANTS the USA's shiny yellow rocks.

(Honestly, the gold standard never made any frigging sense to me, gold is basically a worthless heavy metal, pretty to look at but not much else.)

The gold standard is the only hope for stable currencies/economies. I would urge you to do more reading on the subjecet.

When the gold standard was gotten rid of, it gave the banking cartels the license to print money out of thin air. Of course, this was all planned, but I will let you do the research yourself and come to your own conclusions. :)

David Jamieson
08-31-2011, 11:12 AM
The only websites I find this kind of doom and gloom nonsense on are primarily American or British.

the Americans have the worst sites with the least vetted and proven information because for some reason, "freedom of speech" means "i can say whatever the heck I like" to some people...ok, to a lot of people.

The amount of misinformation in so called "information" sites is ridiculous. It doesn't even take much digging to debunk it or find the holes or see that it is mere speculation, conjecture and just...well dumbness.

what worse is the droves of automatons that then regurgitate it without investigation beyond the item itself!!

mindblowing that this sort of stupidity is now status-quo on the net.

simply mind blowing...although, I don't have great faith in most of humanity to think about much more than their mouths, their asses and the gut between.

SimonM
08-31-2011, 11:22 AM
The gold standard is the only hope for stable currencies/economies. I would urge you to do more reading on the subjecet.

I know asking you to apply reason is tilting at windmills somewhat, but seriously, think about this - why gold?

There isn't anything special about the metal. It's not particularly valuable or useful from an intrinsic perspective. It's just pretty.

Why not the Uranium standard? Or, hell, the carbon standard?

BJJ-Blue
08-31-2011, 11:36 AM
mindblowing that this sort of stupidity is now status-quo on the net.

Can't argue with you there.

This one net genius actually said that the Federal Reserve is a private corporation, and that same guy was completely unaware of the Dodd-Frank Act.

Brule
08-31-2011, 12:32 PM
Can't argue with you there.

This one net genius actually said that the Federal Reserve is a private corporation, and that same guy was completely unaware of the Dodd-Frank Act.

You know, i don't often visit the off-topic forum but it seems when i do and i see one of your posts you are always throwing that statement in, no matter what the topic is about. You sound like a petty child that needs to have the upper hand, i told you so type of thing.

Let me guess, if you're wife/gf is about to walk on some ice and you say be careful sweety, you might fall. And she falls....do you grin and say "i told you so"?

David Jamieson
08-31-2011, 01:24 PM
lol. He can't make the bridge that the private 12 state reserve banks who make up the board of directors of the federal reserve along with other non-gov banker in the 3p setup of the system.

The federal reserve is in fact directed by private banks.
The federal reserve is a private/public partnership.

It states the layout of the control system and it is clearly stated right on it's government web page that it is private/public with the board of directors being mostly bankers from the private sector.

tell me 1bad, why can a private corporation drop America's credit rating if you think it's all nested and neat in the machinations of the US treasury and various "acts"?

S&P is publically controlled by the federal governemnt is it?

Make the connections man. It's even written out in plane english and yet here you are, still grinding away on that.

Anyway, you need to get past that, learn, say you're sorry, shut up and move on.

:)

BJJ-Blue
08-31-2011, 02:16 PM
You know, i don't often visit the off-topic forum but it seems when i do and i see one of your posts you are always throwing that statement in, no matter what the topic is about. You sound like a petty child that needs to have the upper hand, i told you so type of thing.

He owns that statement. Once he says those 3 little words (I was wrong), I'll stop. But as of now, he is still sticking by it. But every time he enters into an economic/political debate, I'll make sure everyone knows his level of knowledge (or lack thereof) concerning the American economy.

Let me guess, if you're wife/gf is about to walk on some ice and you say be careful sweety, you might fall. And she falls....do you grin and say "i told you so"?

Nope.

I told everyone before this clown took office he was gonna be a failure who would make Carter look good. And I was right, and he still has 1.5 years to make it even worse! :eek:

But I'm not smiling, I'm saddened. It gives me no joy to see more and more hard-working Americans losing their jobs, their retirement savings, and soon their healthcare benefits because of this guy's incompetence. I'll only smile when it gets better, and that won't happen until he is out of office.

BJJ-Blue
08-31-2011, 02:23 PM
S&P is publically controlled by the federal governemnt is it?

You really should just stop now and save yourself further embarrassment.

S&P is a financial services company that is a division of the McGraw-Hill Companies. McGraw-Hill is a publicly traded corporation.

Hardwork108
09-01-2011, 03:38 AM
I know asking you to apply reason is tilting at windmills somewhat, but seriously, think about this - why gold?
I was under the impression that the value of gold was related to the difficulties of mining it.

There isn't anything special about the metal. It's not particularly valuable or useful from an intrinsic perspective. It's just pretty.
Well, it doesn't deteriorate or rust! :D

Why not the Uranium standard? Or, hell, the carbon standard?
Carbon may be too common and I don't know of any banks who would like to store or handle uranium bars...LOL,LOL,LOL!

CFT
09-01-2011, 04:36 AM

Why not the Uranium standard? Or, hell, the carbon standard?I think you need to have a quick read of this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold

Corrosion resistant,
High electrical conductivity,
Good reflector of electromagnetic radiation,
Good heat dissipator.

Value is subjective but usefulness can be established non-subjectively.

Uranium is not easy to mine, refine and store. Gold is as good as any other non-perishable commodity as an exchange medium.

MasterKiller
09-01-2011, 06:15 AM
Every time 1Bad derails a thread with spam posts from previous discussions, I'm locking it.