PDA

View Full Version : Need some Help! Pleeze!

TongLongPai
03-12-2001, 10:30 AM
Dear fellow martial artists,

Does any1 know of any really good exercises on how to lift your knee very high. Please be very explainatory. I want to increase the height I can lift my knee. Any info will be helpful..Thanx! :)

Omitoufo,
TLP

Fish of Fury
03-12-2001, 02:51 PM
well, apart from any stretching you're doing etc. try lifting your knee and holding it as high as you can as long as you can (keep a straight back as you do it). doing this helped me improve my kneeliftability

joedoe
03-13-2001, 03:10 AM
My advice is to firstly improve your flexibility by doing the forward stretch - find a set of stairs, stand at the bottom, put one foot on a step at roughly waist height, then bend the knee and try to touch your chest/shoulder to your knee while keeping your back straight. Continue to do this until you feel that you are flexible enough in that direction.

Then do what Fish of Death said - lift and hold :). Another exercise is to try touching your knee to your shoulder, alternating legs. Do at least 20 repetitions. Make sure you also keep your back straight.

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

prana
03-13-2001, 04:35 AM
Thinking to myself "Trying to remember the stuff I studied on <STRONG>ACTIVE FLEXIBILITY</STRONG> back in university..." D'oh, I forget :(

:)

What is occupying that corpse you call 'I' ?

Fu-Pow
03-17-2001, 11:45 PM
I assume you want to do this to improve your hanging horse (aka crane) stance. Part of being able to lift your knee above you waste is the flexibility of your gluteus maximus and hamstring muscles. I would suggest the following exercise. Try lying on your back and pulling your knee up to your chest. This will stretch out all of your "butt" muscles. Secondly, the ability to actually "pull" your knee up and hold it is dictated by your hip extensors (I think they are called) on the front of you pelvis right above the start of the leg. I'm sure there are free weight exercises to strengthen this muscle. In addition, just practicing holding your knee up (ie in crane stance) should help. Horse stance training will strengthen the leg muscles overall.

Fu-Pow