PDA

View Full Version : John Wang is this you?

JamesC
08-26-2011, 12:36 PM
I posted this a week or so ago and a few of us were wondering if this is you demoing with Chang Dung Sheng:

http://www.martialartsoutpost.com/videosite/videos/128/shuai-jiao-demonstration

YouKnowWho
08-26-2011, 12:41 PM
No! That was David C. K. Lin. This is me after 1.20.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14ypa_chang-tung-sheng_shortfilms

sanjuro_ronin
08-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Hey John, I never asked but why didn't GM Sheng ever demo "combat" SC?

Lebaufist
08-26-2011, 12:51 PM
No! That was David C. K. Lin. This is me after 1.20.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14ypa_chang-tung-sheng_shortfilms This is great stuff. He dealt it and you guys fell beautifully. People don't realize how horribly bad it could be if the partner fell wrong.

Quick, clean, poised. Love it.

lkfmdc
08-26-2011, 12:53 PM

dear lord, do you see how hard he throws people, isn't that enough, did you want him to KILL THEM :eek:

:D

YouKnowWho
08-26-2011, 12:56 PM

Nobody dare to mention the word "combat" when he was still alive. After he passed away, the combat SC was evolved from the sport SC. Kick, punch, lock, no jacket throws, and ground strike were added in. The sport SC then became San Shou/San Da.

sanjuro_ronin
08-26-2011, 12:59 PM
Nobody dare to mention the word "combat" when he was still alive. After he passed away, the combat SC was evolved from the sport SC. Kick, punch, lock, no jacket throws, and ground strike were added in. The sport SC then became San Shou/San Da.

Intersti9ng because there are "different" versions of the history of "combat shuai Chiao".
Who came up with the name Chan Chiao?

IronWeasel
08-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Intersti9ng because there are "different" versions of the history of "combat shuai Chiao".
Who came up with the name Chan Chiao?

Well put.

I have heard a different version as well.

YouKnowWho
08-26-2011, 01:09 PM
David C. K. Lin started to use the term Combat SC (CC) when he was teaching "Sionics, a Georgia-based Anti-terrorism school". The day that he found out that his students in that school were not interested in "sport", he realized that his teaching method had to change.

- You can't expect your opponent not to punch at your face when you get a SC hold on him.
- To throw someone down is not the end of the fight.
- Whatever the illegal moves in sport should work well in combat.
- Finish moves are important.

The combat SC (CC) was born.

lkfmdc
08-26-2011, 01:09 PM

but Master Chang certainly knew strikes and the "street" applications, he taught at the Police College

Was he just opposed to the word?

YouKnowWho
08-26-2011, 01:19 PM
He believed SC is already combat (as many of his students also believe in). Nobody dared to argue with him.

lkfmdc
08-26-2011, 01:21 PM
He believed SC is already combat (as many of his students also believe in). Nobody dared to argue with him.

Well, again, he certainly COULD beat you up (kill you!) so who would want to argue with him

JamesC
08-26-2011, 01:27 PM
To quote from one of my favorite movies, he looks "tough as a rusty coffin nail."

Same goes for CTS.

I scare

lkfmdc
08-26-2011, 01:29 PM
To quote from one of my favorite movies, he looks "tough as a rusty coffin nail."

Same goes for CTS.

I scare

I was the only one dumb enough to argue with CTS. The result was frequently VIOLENCE :eek:

Fa Xing
08-26-2011, 01:33 PM
I was the only one dumb enough to argue with CTS. The result was frequently VIOLENCE :eek:

I sometimes tend to question teacher's as well, most of the time that leads them to want to demo on me more.

However, even though it hurts I feel I got more out of it!:cool:

sanjuro_ronin
08-29-2011, 07:46 AM
David C. K. Lin started to use the term Combat SC (CC) when he was teaching "Sionics, a Georgia-based Anti-terrorism school". The day that he found out that his students in that school were not interested in "sport", he realized that his teaching method had to change.

- You can't expect your opponent not to punch at your face when you get a SC hold on him.
- To throw someone down is not the end of the fight.
- Whatever the illegal moves in sport should work well in combat.
- Finish moves are important.

The combat SC (CC) was born.

I see.
Thanks as always John.
I have GM Lin book and it's great.