PDA

View Full Version : Paintball shot ruptures woman's breast implant

BJJ-Blue
08-29-2011, 11:10 AM
"A woman’s breast implant ruptured after she was shot in the chest last week with a paintball pellet, The Sun reports.

The 26-year-old’s soft-gel implant ruptured when the paintball hit her breast at 190 mph.

The injury is believed to be the first of its kind, according to the paper.

A spokesman for UKPaintball — which runs the Paintzone Paintball Park near Croydon, South London, where the accident happened — said: "Part of the fun of paintball is that it hurts a bit when you get shot, but in all the years we've been going we've never seen an incident like this.

"It came as a real surprise to hear that a woman had her implant burst at one of our centers."

The spokesman told The Sun that women with breast implants will be given extra padding in the future to prevent similar injuries.

Douglas McGeorge, the former president of the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, revealed the bizarre injury could cost the woman £3,000, or about $4,900."

Source:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/08/28/paintball-ruptures-womans-breast-implant/?intcmp=obnetwork

sanjuro_ronin
08-29-2011, 11:19 AM
190 mph?
**** !

MasterKiller
08-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Paintballs hurt. I've had some major welts.

BJJ-Blue
08-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Really?

I played a bit in the past, and I never got welted up bad at all. I'd have small round bruises, but that's it. I even got hit in the neck, one of the few places you have bare skin showing. It stung, but the mark it left was less noticable than hickeys I had as a kid. And I always wore just sweats, a heavy shirt, and a bandana on my head.

I don't know how fast they go, but 190 seems high. Where I went they would callibrate the rental guns, and checked all the guns brought in by players. They had like a radar gun looking thing they did it with.

MasterKiller
08-30-2011, 06:05 AM
Really?

I played a bit in the past, and I never got welted up bad at all. I'd have small round bruises, but that's it. I even got hit in the neck, one of the few places you have bare skin showing. It stung, but the mark it left was less noticable than hickeys I had as a kid. And I always wore just sweats, a heavy shirt, and a bandana on my head.

I don't know how fast they go, but 190 seems high. Where I went they would callibrate the rental guns, and checked all the guns brought in by players. They had like a radar gun looking thing they did it with.

Some of the guns the 'professional' guys play with can shoot upwards of 200 mph, and some are semi automatic. You get peppered, literally. And if the paintball doesn't break, it's like getting shot with a rock.

David Jamieson
08-30-2011, 06:10 AM
Try riding a bike at 75mph down the highway, no helmet and take a frickin bee to the eye.

Paintball is for girls after that. lol ruptured implants or not.
hahaha.

fwiw, paintball max speed is 300 fps
or

300 fps * 60 mph / 88 fps = 204 mph.

that's the max allowable speed of those little buggers.

bawang
08-30-2011, 06:26 AM
is paintball good for mimicking firearms? like sparring with gun?

i tried to get my friends in high school to play paintball but they were scare pusy, only want airsoft larp, so i never got to play paintball.

David Jamieson
08-30-2011, 06:34 AM
-Not really, you can actually dodge a paintball from a distance. lol

-airsoft fire at less than 500mph

-real guns, while different in calibers and grains in the shot such, lets use the example of a 30.06 rifle which fires a round at approx 3000+ft/s (800 m/s) (that's a pretty powerful rifle, you can take pretty large animals with it like bear and moose)

BJJ-Blue
08-30-2011, 07:00 AM
Though they can shoot upwards of 200mph, that's only for tournament play where extra protective gear is required. When you go play for fun at an open course, the guns are set to fire much slower than that, and if you bring your own gun they make sure it's not set to shoot at a faster speed than that.

ESPN used to carry tournament paintball awile back. When the guns are set up shoot at those high speeds, the gear those guys wear makes them look like mini-Michelin men.

If I had to guess, I'd say either that woman was playing tournament style without the gear, or she was hit by someone who had turned their velocity up to cheat. One time when I was playing that happened. Some guy had turned his up, and he hit a few experienced players who figured he was cheating. They took his gun, tested it with the radar gun, and threw him out when it showed he had turned it up.