PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Claw Request: Rebreakable Arm!

RenDaHai
08-29-2011, 07:56 PM
Hey Team,

We have all heard of Rebreakable boards, Why not a rebreakable dummy arm?!

That would be more useful.

Like a molded arm, inside the elbow joint would be the rebreakable section. Then it could have a handle where the shoulder would be. This way a training partener could hold it and move it around to simulate the flexibility of the shoulder joint making it harder for you to break.

That would be a lot more useful to me then a rebrakeable board. It should be so easy to make......

Gene, get on it!

Lucas
08-29-2011, 08:13 PM
I want 2. A left and a right.

CYMac
08-29-2011, 08:28 PM
HAHHAAH! I am sure Bawang would need a few at home to demosntrate his 99 shen Gong to people.. LOL!!! Love this idea of rebreakable "stuff" like arms.. maybe even a neck with head, or a leg, or even something bawang always talks about.. and that would be way cool, haha!

GeneChing
08-30-2011, 09:37 AM
...I'd need a blueprint/schematic and a few samples to send to potential factories.

The last item I suggested to Tiger Claw was a Dim Mak Bronze Man. You know, something straight out of the Shaw Bros flicks, something like this:
http://www.dim-mak-world.com/images/bronze.jpg It was sort of my answer to Century Bob. ;)

Jimbo
08-30-2011, 09:46 AM
Cool idea. I've actually had a similar idea in my head for a few years, only the arm itself doesn't acually 'break,' but has a type of resistance built into the elbow and can be hyperextended with the right force to it. I thought someone could hold it, or if there's no partner available, maybe it would have some attachment device to connect to a wall(?) or onto a heavy bag. However, the concept I had in mind isn't fully formed as to how it would be made.

Come to think of it, maybe the moveable/affectable parts can extend up to and including the shoulder?

sanjuro_ronin
08-30-2011, 09:56 AM
...I'd need a blueprint/schematic and a few samples to send to potential factories.

The last item I suggested to Tiger Claw was a Dim Mak Bronze Man. You know, something straight out of the Shaw Bros flicks, something like this:
http://www.dim-mak-world.com/images/bronze.jpg It was sort of my answer to Century Bob. ;)

Once I saw on the web a dummy like that but he was life size and in a fighting stance that could be either othodox or southpaw.
I regret not buy it :(
It was made in sections:
Torso and head
Arms
hips and groin
legs
And it was steel pipe with the rubber we see in those fireman "grappling dummies".

Very, very cool.

JamesC
08-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Cool idea. I've actually had a similar idea in my head for a few years, only the arm itself doesn't acually 'break,' but has a type of resistance built into the elbow and can be hyperextended with the right force to it. I thought someone could hold it, or if there's no partner available, maybe it would have some attachment device to connect to a wall(?) or onto a heavy bag. However, the concept I had in mind isn't fully formed as to how it would be made.

Come to think of it, maybe the moveable/affectable parts can extend up to and including the shoulder?

I think that's a cool idea. Especially if you could make the elbow have some type of hinged joint that was hard to hyperextend.

Lucas
08-30-2011, 03:21 PM
what if you have a heavy duty high tension slightly curved spring fastened in a hinge joint, and a 'maximum extention' range that is checked by the back parts meeting and not permitting any further extension?

RenDaHai
08-30-2011, 08:27 PM
what if you have a heavy duty high tension slightly curved spring fastened in a hinge joint, and a 'maximum extention' range that is checked by the back parts meeting and not permitting any further extension?

That could work....

You could also allow one end of the spring to move and hook further along to make it tighter and increase the difficulty... simulating bicep strength. When the back parts meet they could have plates that make an audible 'ting' noise that would show how hard you hit.

RenDaHai
08-30-2011, 08:29 PM

I'd buy one! That would be awesome. I was always tempted to paint pressure points onto my 'bob' punching dummy.

PalmStriker
08-30-2011, 08:31 PM
Hey Team,

We have all heard of Rebreakable boards, Why not a rebreakable dummy arm?!

That would be more useful.

Like a molded arm, inside the elbow joint would be the rebreakable section. Then it could have a handle where the shoulder would be. This way a training partener could hold it and move it around to simulate the flexibility of the shoulder joint making it harder for you to break.

That would be a lot more useful to me then a rebrakeable board. It should be so easy to make......

Gene, get on it! Also, re-breakable collar-bone for in close wristed back-fist.:D

goju
08-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Get Steven seagal to endorse it