PDA

View Full Version : Asking for clarification

BJJ-Blue
09-01-2011, 06:53 AM
So if a thread has economics, politics, etc interjected into it by someone other than me and I partake in that discussion I did not start, the thread gets locked? Is this correct?

And please, just answer the question as I don't want this locking threads to get to ridiculous proportions. Threads have gone off topic for years since I've been here (2006, I believe) and this has never been a problem until now. So I'm confused and simply asking for some clarification.

Thank you.

SimonM
09-01-2011, 07:01 AM
Privately owned forums are not democracies. Generally cheezing off the volunteer moderators is a good way to get your stuff locked.

When you start putting up threads complaining about the unfairness of said volunteers, this is circling the drain.

Just saying, guys like MK aren't getting paid to keep this barrel of snakes in something resembling civil order, and, honestly a martial arts forum, even the off-topic section, isn't the right place for political diatribes.

Perhaps show some respect to the mods.

BJJ-Blue
09-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Privately owned forums are not democracies. Generally cheezing off the volunteer moderators is a good way to get your stuff locked.

When you start putting up threads complaining about the unfairness of said volunteers, this is circling the drain.

Just saying, guys like MK aren't getting paid to keep this barrel of snakes in something resembling civil order, and, honestly a martial arts forum, even the off-topic section, isn't the right place for political diatribes.

Perhaps show some respect to the mods.

I never said they are democracies. I'm not demanding anything. I just want clarification so I don't unknowingly tick off anyone. If I know the rules, I'll follow them and their job will be easier. If I don't know them, I'll unknowingly break them thus making their job harder.

I asked nice, politely, and repectfully. I was not rude or demanding, and I wasn't complaining. Simply asking for some clarification.

MasterKiller
09-01-2011, 07:05 AM
So if a thread has economics, politics, etc interjected into it by someone other than me and I partake in that discussion I did not start, the thread gets locked? Is this correct?

And please, just answer the question as I don't want this locking threads to get to ridiculous proportions. Threads have gone off topic for years since I've been here (2006, I believe) and this has never been a problem until now. So I'm confused and simply asking for some clarification.

Thank you.

Dude, quit your f@cking spamming. -- The Management.

BJJ-Blue
09-01-2011, 07:09 AM
Dude, quit your f@cking spamming. -- The Management.

Not to be rude, but can you please be a little more specific?

If I don't know the rules, I can't very well abide by them. :confused:

MasterKiller
09-01-2011, 07:30 AM
Not to be rude, but can you please be a little more specific?

If I don't know the rules, I can't very well abide by them. :confused:

You're a smart boy. You'll figure it out.

David Jamieson
09-01-2011, 07:41 AM
The fact that you are openly challenging, insulting, manipulative and of a general nature of poor social skills online I wouldn't expect any favours or explanations in regards to axing your content, your posts or your views.

The fact that you come back and blow more smoke asking for detailed explanations is just annoying.

the fact that you know this is what keeps you out of every forum and STILL you walk a fine line in an off topic forum because all you are really doing is creating bogus right wing favoured political nonsense to increase that garbage on the internet search engines regardless of the content specific sites.

You are all to obvious and your achilles heal is your tremendously huge ego which you can't seem to get a handle on, not unlike the other problematic one.

So, don't expect any favours and don't be surprised if your account isn't working and your content gets deleted outright in many instances because of it's nature of combativeness and irrelevancy to the overall site.

I hope that clears it up.

BJJ-Blue
09-01-2011, 07:48 AM
You're a smart boy. You'll figure it out.

I guess I'm not that smart then, as I'm asking for clarification.

Look, we take Driver's Ed so we can know what the laws/rules of the road are. If we just put people in cars and never told them the rules, the roads would be a mess. If people do not know the rules, they cannot follow them. It's basic logic.

David Jamieson
09-01-2011, 08:14 AM
I guess I'm not that smart then, as I'm asking for clarification.

Look, we take Driver's Ed so we can know what the laws/rules of the road are. If we just put people in cars and never told them the rules, the roads would be a mess. If people do not know the rules, they cannot follow them. It's basic logic.

Read the FAQ.

Review the Ts&Cs

Mods and admins have final say on any content. Period.
Admins have final say on whether or not a member is banned. Period.

There is no free speech, there is no democratic representation.

This is a privately owned site and it is privately administered and all mods volunteer their time and are appointed by the site owners.

Belligerence or manipulative attitudes and agenda spam will simply be dealt with and without concern for the person who put that content there or their feelings or their smartness or lack of it.

BJJ-Blue
09-01-2011, 08:32 AM
I agree.

And I'm still wanting rules clarified so I'm not unknowingly breaking said rules.

And are you saying sourced information is spam? If so, thats unique to this forum, and a perfect example of why I need clarification.

Again, I'm not complaining, demanding anything, calling names, attacking mods, etc. I'm simply asking for some clarification.

sanjuro_ronin
09-01-2011, 08:55 AM
WTF?
Its off topic, who gives a flying **** what's discussed?
That's why that forum was created.
Moderating an off topic forum is like being a proctologist to a giraffe.
That's why I didn't want it, LOL !

MasterKiller
09-01-2011, 09:47 AM
1bad has the economy, US foreign policy, immigration, and politics all nailed, but he can't figure out all on his own that contiunously badgering someone across multiple conversations not related to that original argument is out of line. :rolleyes: