MasterKiller
09-08-2011, 10:45 AM
http://img.izismile.com/img/img4/20110401/1000/friday_gif_collection_07.gif

sanjuro_ronin
09-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Yeah baby !!!

ginosifu
09-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Outside of sport Judo etc. What value does this throw have in a self defense situation? Both landed on their backs approximately same time, both could have gotten up and pounded the other?

ginosifu

sanjuro_ronin
09-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Outside of sport Judo etc. What value does this throw have in a self defense situation? Both landed on their backs approximately same time, both could have gotten up and pounded the other?

ginosifu

Well, there are different methods to tomoe-nage, but in a nutshell, it is used when the momentum of the fight dictates it, in other words, with you throw the guy over you or he is gonna run you over.

Frost
09-08-2011, 11:45 AM
they both did try to get up, but as usual the person doing the throw was the one getting up quicker and secured top position :)

sanjuro_ronin
09-08-2011, 11:48 AM
they both did try to get up, but as usual the person doing the throw was the one getting up quicker and secured top position :)

I once did it o n a big guy that was trying to "muscle me" and because we were close to the wall, his head went through the drywall.
Funniest ****.

Lucas
09-08-2011, 12:15 PM
when i learned this throw in kungfu, immediately after your kick out and do the actual throw, you roll sideways over your shoulder and twist so you can go for the mount position, and pass his legs, hopefully, before he regains his composure., or you immediately roll away and gain your feet.

MightyB
09-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Outside of sport Judo etc. What value does this throw have in a self defense situation?
ginosifu

It's all about getting the hot chicks - man, I thought you knew this stuff.

Brule
09-08-2011, 12:52 PM

ginosifu

a little more than 'angry monkey scratches crotch'

ginosifu
09-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Well, there are different methods to tomoe-nage, but in a nutshell, it is used when the momentum of the fight dictates it, in other words, with you throw the guy over you or he is gonna run you over.

So this would be less of a bone crushing smash down and more of "Flowing" with their own Energy throw.

What guarrentee is there, that you will have the advantage when throwing this person over your head? I don't doubt the throw itself, just wondering who has the advantage when both are falling down?

It's all about getting the hot chicks - man, I thought you knew this stuff.

Alas, I am married with children... Hot chicks don't like us married guys.

ginosifu

GeneChing
09-08-2011, 01:24 PM
That's what last night's Republican debate needed - some judo!

TaichiMantis
09-08-2011, 04:14 PM
OMG we used that move when we were kids...fun times!:p

kristcaldwell
09-08-2011, 04:15 PM
in wushu circles, we used to call that the "captain kirk."

mooyingmantis
09-08-2011, 04:18 PM

ginosifu

Very effective throw. You saw the Judo version. The jujutsu version has the victim falling on their head to injure the neck, or tossed so that they break their tailbone.

mooyingmantis
09-08-2011, 04:21 PM

ginosifu

Speak for yourself lil bro. :rolleyes:

MightyB
09-08-2011, 06:10 PM

ginosifu

My Sifu always said that when you become a Kung Fu man, you can't help but attract the hot chicks because the hot chicks love the real kung fu men. It's gotta be the realz though. Can't be that mall rat $hit.

(Sifu Gino has the real kung fu so don't let him fool ya)

HungKuenH
09-08-2011, 09:21 PM
the right way to do it is like in the video here.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmSU_QwwQdA starting at 1.52 ... :D

jo
09-08-2011, 09:58 PM
in wushu circles, we used to call that the "captain kirk."

If you are over 50, and into Star Trek, you practiced "Kirk-Fu" back in the day!

Once the series went into syndication, some of the original moves were cut for commercial time, thus beginning the "Modified Era" of Kirk Fu.

Now thanks to DVD, we all can practice Kirk Fu as it was originally taught by Jo Si Kirk.

- jo

Yum Cha
09-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Very effective throw. You saw the Judo version. The jujutsu version has the victim falling on their head to injure the neck, or tossed so that they break their tailbone.

I think that was probably the second martial artx move I learned, following the hip throw, right out of the judo book, maybe I was 11? :D:D

your partner got to work on the roll.....hahhaha

Yea, you can flip an opponent with your leg, and let go with the hands to send them flying, or hold on, and try to slam them. I'd agree with Ronin on the way it presents itself, its almost a 'save'.

Ray Pina
09-09-2011, 05:20 AM

ginosifu

Both had grips too.

The guy who knew got the throw and wound up on top. Just like its trained.

Your question is sort of like what's the use of punching if you can get punched back. ANything can happen in a fight. Skill makes the difference.