PDA

View Full Version : What size role do conditioning and nutrition play in your MA training?

SevenStar
05-08-2001, 06:41 AM
?

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; A fool speaks because he has to say something."

ShaolinTiger00
05-08-2001, 09:10 PM
In my case (sanshou) they mean everything!

If you don't eat right you can't train right. thats pretty simple. And conditioning... well if you don't have the endurance to last 3-5 rounds on the leitai platform, there is no way you are going to win a close fight!

A strong man controls others. A man who controls himself is truly powerful. -Lao Tzu

Robinf
05-08-2001, 10:12 PM
In anything, with a proper diet, you're room for improvement is much bigger.

Conditioning is also important, particularly if you spar and it will come in handy if you ever do get into a fight.

Robin

Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

BIU JI
05-09-2001, 12:48 PM
Conditioning is a big part of our traing, it's regularly done every class and I also do it at home.
Nutrition also is vital to training, particularly when training hard regularly, without proper nutrition you will plateau or develope slowly.Each person is different so needs to work what is best for them.

David
05-09-2001, 06:28 PM
I turned 30 at the end of April and resolved to optimise my diet for kungfu and health. I went vegan that day and have since spent hours and hours calculating my requirements and finding food to match.

The way I think about nutrition and training has changed and I consider them much closer related than before.

Conditioning is required, don't you think? There's no point being strong and knowing all the moves if every hit hurts like hell!

The powers of Kung Fu never fail!
-- Hong Kong Phooey

JWTAYLOR
05-09-2001, 07:02 PM
As far as diet, you know the old programmer's line: garbage in, garbage out.

And more than half of my training time is spent on physical conditioning.

In the words of Ed Parker, "condition and guts take over where skill and knowlege end."

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

SevenStar
05-24-2001, 06:34 AM
I meant physical conditioning, man. Strength training, cardio work, etc. not toughening exercises.

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; A fool speaks because he has to say something."