PDA

View Full Version : why do i feel sick when i push myself hard?

SanHeChuan
05-08-2001, 05:41 AM
Is it diet or something?

I been keeping a low energy level and haven't been puting my all into my classes because when i do i feel sick and have to stuggle to keep going, whats the deal?

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body"

"Kung Fu begins with the conquering of the opponent and ends with the conquering of the self."

SevenStar
05-08-2001, 06:29 AM
My first suspicion would be diet. maybe you're not eating enough, or maybe your diet is lacking in certain viamins and minerals. Do you take a multivitamin?

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; A fool speaks because he has to say something."

SanHeChuan
05-08-2001, 07:59 AM
no, and after i lost my car at the beginning of the semester i haven't been able to go to the store, so i mostly just eat fast food and then only twice a day.

I think that diet is probly the problem, but could it be anything else?

"Kung Fu begins with the conquering of the opponent and ends with the conquering of the self."

dunbarj01
05-08-2001, 10:08 AM
Dehydration?

You might not feel like you need fluid but nausea and light-headedness are symptoms. I had this on my first lesson. I pushed myself and after 45 minutes I felt like chucking. Are you drinking enough fluids?

Cheers

Robinf
05-08-2001, 03:50 PM
Definately dehydrated.

Also, lack of good nutrition is aggrevating the situation.

Bring water with you. You should get at least 64 ounces of water a day. If water is too boring, drink a sports drink or two, but make sure at least most of the liquid you drink is water.

A good indicator to see if you're dehydrated, check after you urinate. Your urine should be clear or a very, very pale yellow. If it's a dark yellow, you are dehydrated.

Robin

Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

SanHeChuan
05-08-2001, 09:54 PM
cool thanks, i'll do that. :)

monkey mind
05-18-2001, 07:14 AM
I know that I have to wait at least three hours after anything but a small snack, four is even better, before I push myself hard. Otherwise I feel weak and nauseous before too long. Also, I'd echo the others in recommending lots of fluids - IMHO plain water is best.

IronFist
05-22-2001, 06:25 AM
"I know that I have to wait at least three hours after anything but a small snack, four is even better, before I push myself hard. Otherwise I feel weak and nauseous before too long. "

This can depend on your metabolism. I have a rather fast metabolism, and i can workout 45 minutes to an hour after almost any sized meal.

Do what feels the best for your body. You don't want to puke, but you don't want to get dizzy from hunger, either.

Iron