PDA

View Full Version : Spirituality and Kung Fu

Ray Pina
09-22-2011, 01:11 PM
If you ever spent the day ground-n-pounding a heavy bag, sledge hammering tires, pad work, sparring..... you quickly realize that you can become an aggressive *******.

My master always encouraged playing an instrument, etc. I like surfing, to mellow and balance you out.

I think this were the Buddhism, Taoism came into play with ancient warriors.

However, to focus on the spiritual side and not train the martial, equally leaves one out of balance.

sanjuro_ronin
09-22-2011, 01:18 PM
MA are all about controlled and focused aggression.

One can quite easily head down a road that leads to violence as a way of life.
TMA tend to offset this issue in various ways:
Some don't advocate fighting at all, hence it becomes a non-issue.
Those that are "combat oriented" tend to try to instill a sense of responsibility in their practioners. This can have mixed results.
Sport combat systems tend to rely on the inescaple fact that, no mater how good you are there is someone better, to keep their practioenrs humble, this too has mix results.

Personally?
I have had issues with this and certain TMA training tends to "bring out the demon" at times.
For myself I found myself "losing" the "civility" needed to be a "gentlemen and a warrior.
I took awhile to get it back, but got it.

There are many different paths, one must choose the one that is best for THEM.

David Jamieson
09-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Using the body calms the mind, when the mind is calm, it is in a state of bliss, when it is in bliss it is open to more happiness.

hence the contentment and well being AFTER a strenuous workout.

It's the endorphins, dopamine and saratonin all working together to drug you happy.

TenTigers
09-22-2011, 01:34 PM
The body and the mind are inseparable. One cannot develop the body to a high degree of skill without developing the mind as well. This is especially true in Kung-Fu.
As Sanjuro states, there are methods to bring out the animal within you,in a controlled state, which if gone unchecked, can backfire and turn you into something uncontrollable.
There are methods within the Five animal form which teaches the student to aquire not only different techniques, but to develop different mindsets and emotional states as well.
In SPM, the mental training can be emotionally brutal at times, and not everyone is cut out for this methodology. There are training methods which are developed to build controlled aggression in the practitioner, and in doing so, may develop changes in their personality. This was one of the warnings given to me by my teacher before I agreed to undergo training in the system.
"It's nothing but a wee bunny."
"Yah, but it's got a mean streak a mile wide!"

AJM
09-22-2011, 01:53 PM
That's the duality of nature. The stronger you are the more gentle you are, The healthier you are the more you notice when something is wrong ect. And art or music is the opposite of beating the crap out of the heavy bag.

SPJ
09-22-2011, 03:28 PM
If you ever spent the day ground-n-pounding a heavy bag, sledge hammering tires, pad work, sparring..... you quickly realize that you can become an aggressive *******.

My master always encouraged playing an instrument, etc. I like surfing, to mellow and balance you out.

I think this were the Buddhism, Taoism came into play with ancient warriors.

However, to focus on the spiritual side and not train the martial, equally leaves one out of balance.

there are several ways to harmonize or soften your mindset and calm emotions.

1. painting, you observe and absorb yourself and paint away. your mind is focused to observation and admiration. not so much fight and destroy.

2. soft music, such as classical, carrie underwood, blondie, even elvis soft love songs.

3. hiking, be near the water and the mountains. even star gazing, ocean waves watching, the universe is big and way big, our problems and our existance are so tiny or not matter as much--

--

but when you are in a ring or combat, yes, you fight and destroy. you are in pain, blood and sweat--

--

my point is that, before you jump on the bandwagon of religions

that is all different area of persuits altogether.

--

:)

MightyB
09-22-2011, 03:33 PM
The body and the mind are inseparable. One cannot develop the body to a high degree of skill without developing the mind as well. This is especially true in Kung-Fu.

Maybe (http://kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1134723#post1134723) - But then again you could be wrong.

Darthlawyer
09-22-2011, 08:19 PM
I think that part of the aggression that appears to come from training for sport/combat is just the inherent aggression in everybody. When you don't feel like you can "take" anyone who walks by, you are less likely to be aggressive with them. Meanwhile, if you feel confident that you could "whoop" anyone in the room, you might be more likely to act up. I'd guess that it just brings someone's inner character to the surface. Responsible people act responsible when they possess a dangerous weapon. Aggressive people act aggressive when they possess the same.

Subitai
09-22-2011, 10:54 PM
I understand what your saying...

Like most people training for fights...I used to isolate myself or at least minimize contact with anyone that could cause me to blow up on them. When you stay in aggressive mode for weeks on end...you tend to have chip on your shoulder and can jump to fight someone for no reason. Thus endangering your REAL Scheduled fight before it ever happens. At least that was my experience.

That's also the job of a good trainer, to make sure you stay focused and on track. Also not going Tank Abbot on some poor slob in an elevator.

Totally agree that you can't be completely one side of the coin (artsy ****sy) or the other (Full on Fighting 100%) So for me the older I get the more middle of the road I become.

It's natural... "O"

BTW, My other "ME TIME" to unwind is BASS Fishing :D

Blacktiger
09-22-2011, 11:17 PM
Great to see a thread like this on the main forum that has not been ruined by trolls 2 replies in.

Great stuff;)

RenDaHai
09-22-2011, 11:51 PM
I Think of MA as a road to self development.

I think without having to find an alternate activity, there should be this calming element within the MA itself. This is why I have always preferred TMA over Sports combat.

I've done Sanda all day for months in a row before, and like some of the other guys say, it builds up this agression. After a while you are almost looking for trouble. This goes contrary to self defense, because although you are more likely to win any fight, you are also much more likely to get in one. And how is it good for anyone if you break a guys arm for stealing your parking space?

But it depends on the person. Those who are naturally gentle need to be more assertive and benefit a lot from aggression. Those who are naturally agressive would probably benefit more from a MA that tempers their spirit. A balance is of course the best way.

But finding this balance is very difficult for me personally. I yo-yo from one extreme to the other. If it does kick off you need a plan. You need to make a very definate decision that you are going to hurt someone. Then you have a chance to win. If you spend too much time in the peaceful philosophies this decision becomes harder to make and you find yourself paralyzed by indecision. Able to react only with defence not with response. This is a weakness. But Over-reacting is maybe even a bigger weakness. Walking the middle road is not easy.

Blacktiger
09-23-2011, 12:44 AM
Its all about one word....balance

David Jamieson
09-23-2011, 04:51 AM
BTW, My other "ME TIME" to unwind is BASS Fishing :D

With huge icicle harpoons. You probably should mention that so people don't get the wrong impression about your Bass hunting methodologies. :p

Ray Pina
09-23-2011, 06:08 AM
One cannot develop the body to a high degree of skill without developing the mind as well.

What happened to Mike Tyson?

Why can I hardly understand many contact sport athletes when they speak? If there minds were developed in proportion to their bodies they'd have PHDs.

bawang
09-23-2011, 06:10 AM
i blance the martial with the spiritual. every morning i pray to jesus for the death of my enemies. sometime i offer paper mache human heads.

goju
09-23-2011, 06:15 AM
. sometime i offer paper mache human heads.

No play-doh ones?

bawang
09-23-2011, 06:28 AM
before i squat, i do spirit possession ritual as a warmup. it send me into a berserker fury.

i scream like lion and everyone in the gym stare at me. i think they admire me for my strong.

wenshu
09-23-2011, 06:35 AM
i scream like lion and everyone in the gym stare at me. i think they admire me for my strong.

I used to do that until they told me that if they caught me in the women's locker room again they would call the police.

bawang
09-23-2011, 06:42 AM
after i squat 50 pounds, i feel pumped and sometime i would stop in front of a woman and stare at her intensely, to show her i am alpha. their eyes get big and i think they turn on.

im thinking of taking hcg and halo, maybe i can squat 60 pounds.

hskwarrior
09-23-2011, 06:45 AM
after i squat 50 pounds, i feel pumped and sometime i would stop in front of a woman and stare at her intensely, to show her i am alpha. their eyes get big and i think they turn on.

Turned oh her Stun Gun.....i think you got mixed signals. LOL

bawang
09-23-2011, 06:46 AM
Turned oh her Stun Gun.....i think you got mixed signals. LOL

are you challenging me?

hskwarrior
09-23-2011, 06:52 AM
are you challenging me?

No No.....Ray Pina wants to challenge you tho. :p

sanjuro_ronin
09-23-2011, 06:55 AM
As Sanjuro states, there are methods to bring out the animal within you,in a controlled state, which if gone unchecked, can backfire and turn you into something uncontrollable.
There are methods within the Five animal form which teaches the student to aquire not only different techniques, but to develop different mindsets and emotional states as well.
In SPM, the mental training can be emotionally brutal at times, and not everyone is cut out for this methodology. There are training methods which are developed to build controlled aggression in the practitioner, and in doing so, may develop changes in their personality. This was one of the warnings given to me by my teacher before I agreed to undergo training in the system.

QFT.
For most, it is never an issue but for those that truly immerse themselves in their art, the danger is there and it is real.

wenshu
09-23-2011, 07:12 AM
Frank, if you see this:
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4504/sanders.jpg

RUN!

hskwarrior
09-23-2011, 07:18 AM
RUN!

Now when did Bawang get that Chopper? LOL......Rapid fire chicken nuggets....

SPJ
09-23-2011, 07:20 AM
how do you balance

1. focus your mindset on something else. not your sexuality, not your fighting spirits, not religions, just something else not important or minor or just plain relaxation

we are like a rubber band. if you keep pushing and pulling, we all snap or break like a rubber band. combat fatigue and such.

example: a 92 year old general. He would walk up to the mountain top daily. Just to see morning sun and listen to morning chanting from a Buddhist temple.

me watch the cloud, ocean waves, water fountain, coy fish in a pond---

2. get physical but not related to fight.

you work your mind and body for something else other than fight

yes singing, dancing, swimming, hiking

--

there are so many things other than punching a bag, or taking out a guy in the street etc etc.

---

3. every time I am upset

I listen to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMlDYVO4r3k&feature=mh_lolz&list=FL7SVmcQWM1Lx0ExaHE2bpGw

her smile melted my anger and frustration

oh luv the song, too.

4. When I am sad

I listen to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UrLj8YCWaI&feature=related

the song is even sadder.

me no more sad.

etc etc

Lucas
09-27-2011, 12:22 PM
bawang offends me with his chopper, it should be red. RED!! not blue. wtf bawang?!?! mang you just undercover or what? dont spit on the honor and legacy of the colonel :mad:

David Jamieson
09-27-2011, 12:32 PM
I can't believe some of you guys eat that carcinogenic crap. :p

David Jamieson
09-27-2011, 12:35 PM
No No.....Ray Pina wants to challenge you tho. :p

He's gonna get Oprah do a giveaway show.
You get a challenge and YOU get a challenge and you get a challenge and you get a challenge and then sometime around the 20th time, they just let the shouting goat finish before the commercial break.

On the return, it's nothing but Oprah audience members being run down and G&P'd then the next one gets in line.

Probably should be televised.

sanjuro_ronin
09-27-2011, 12:40 PM
I can't believe some of you guys eat that carcinogenic crap. :p

Mmmmmm...carcinogenic.....

SPJ
09-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Oprah was the first talk show.

I used to like it in late 1980s.

well actually I like Johnny Carson better.

but it was a late nite show.

--

after JC left. Jay Leno was ok but not the same.

me like political humors more than anything else.

--

nowadays, so many talk shows

--

eReading news more

why, talk shows everywhere, CNN, CNBC, Fox O'Reilly --

they are all talk shows/comments.

even reality shows have talking a lot parts

---

Lucas
09-27-2011, 12:45 PM
dont tell mighty bawang but i think popeye is better. i could tell you proof but then u would all call me racist. :cool:

wenshu
09-27-2011, 12:54 PM
At least us vegetarians can eat KFC guilt free, seeing as it isn't even technically chicken.

Lucas
09-27-2011, 12:56 PM
lol!!!:eek:

bawang
09-27-2011, 01:15 PM
i watch PETA videos of kfc chicken torture, when i eat kfc.

it teach me to be merciless. be alpha.

SPJ
09-27-2011, 01:28 PM
if you are in taiwan.

there is this earth chicken castle or tu ji cheng.

the chicken is free feeding on the field.

there is also this black bone chicken or oh gu gei.

both are good.

no frying no grilling

but steamed or boiled in a soup

with some chinese herbs or ginger slice and dan gui

--

mm good and soup licious

better than can chicken soup

--

try them.

PalmStriker
09-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Forms themselves can contain the spirituality for higher self/neuro-health. The right forms when held in stasis automatically produce meditative benefit. The closer I come to shedding this skin the more I appreciate having developed such practice. Like playing a musical instrument, there comes a time when you are no longer "practicing" but only playing for the moment.

bawang
09-28-2011, 05:33 AM
Forms themselves can contain the spirituality for higher self/neuro-health. The right forms when held in stasis automatically produce meditative benefit. The closer I come to shedding this skin the more I appreciate having developed such practice. Like playing a musical instrument, there comes a time when you are no longer "practicing" but only playing for the moment.

ok.

dfgdfhfghfgh

m1k3
09-28-2011, 06:13 AM
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals.

We got to the top of the food chain because we eat meat. Come on, how much intelligence does it take to stalk a blade of grass?

BakShaolinEC
09-28-2011, 08:30 AM
i want to put a serious answer in here but i cant stop laughing at bawangs answers. they are too good.

GeneChing
09-28-2011, 09:14 AM
I aspire to be more spiritual - to do the right thing - so my practice also aspires to be spiritual.

i want to put a serious answer in here but i cant stop laughing at bawangs answers. they are too good.oh don't encourage him.... :rolleyes:

TenTigers
09-28-2011, 09:17 AM
dont tell mighty bawang but i think popeye is better. i could tell you proof but then u would all call me racist. :cool:
well, this brings us back to the topic of spirituality.
I have pondered long and hard on this, and I have come up with the following:
Popeye is God.
God reveals himself on Mt. Sinai to Moses saying,"I am that I am"
What does Popeye always say?
"I yam wot I yam."
Bluto, is derived from Pluto, god of the underworld, or Satan.
There is a constant struggle between good and evil in each episodePopye (God) vs Bluto (Satan) with good always triumphing over evil.
Wimpy, represents man's lower self, and his weakness, and willingness to sacrifice his self-respect (and hence his spirituality) for instant gratification of the physical.
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."
Bluto (Satan)always uses Wimpy(Man) until he is recused by greater faith-Popeye (God)

And..who is Sweetpea? Whose child is he? Olive Oyl's! (olive oil is used to anoint, and in offerings to God)
Olive is not married, (and just by looking at her one can tell she's a virgin)
So How did he get here? Immaculate Conception!
Sweetpea is Jesus and Olive Oyl is the Blessed Virgin.

TenTigers
09-28-2011, 09:19 AM
ok, I admit. I didn't really ponder long and hard. It was just one afternoon and some orange sunshine...
or was it blue microdot...?
Might have been the windowpane...

bawang
09-28-2011, 09:23 AM
when i train hard every day i dont feel anything in my mind, its completely blank.i feel nothing. maybe thats why shaolin monks say martial art can bring chan.

GeneChing
09-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Who, then, is Eugene the Jeep?

bawang
09-28-2011, 09:27 AM
bawang offends me with his chopper, it should be red. RED!! not blue. wtf bawang?!?! mang you just undercover or what? dont spit on the honor and legacy of the colonel :mad:

you dare accuse me of disrespecting kernel sanders? how many testicles do you have, because my testicle crushing hand is getting itchy.

i will crush you like mma crushed ray pina's dreams.

TenTigers
09-28-2011, 09:45 AM
hmmm, well he comes and goes. He is there for a moment and then he disappears.
He seems to be mischievous, yet with a childlike innocence. Never malicious.
I can only guess it's man's glimpse of his inner child, which if given into too much, can trip up his spirituality.

TenTigers
09-28-2011, 09:46 AM

oh..
my...
gawd...

Lucas
09-28-2011, 09:59 AM
:eek::eek:

hahahahahha

bawang 1

lucas 0

you win, don crush me bro

BakShaolinEC
09-28-2011, 09:59 AM
oh..
my...
gawd...

:eek:

hahahahaha

wenshu
09-28-2011, 10:36 AM
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals.

We got to the top of the food chain because we eat meat. Come on, how much intelligence does it take to stalk a blade of grass?

ZOMG! I'm totes a bad ass hunter gatherer because I eat factory farmed flying rodents.

Lucas
09-28-2011, 10:46 AM
you like pigeon meat too?

Dragonzbane76
09-28-2011, 11:52 AM
bawang brought his A game today...:p

sanjuro_ronin
09-28-2011, 12:06 PM
http://www.lolgallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/funny-chicks.jpg

Lucas
09-28-2011, 12:11 PM
lol so they are protesting kfc but then the guy there has a bucket of chickent and a sign that says bring home a bucket...almost like hes advertising to go eat kfc...those chicks must be dumb as rocks. for that they totally deserve to have me eat them.

sanjuro_ronin
09-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Eat it...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-G8RMSIDopUo/TfrYm-tpMsI/AAAAAAAAAOg/I0T2A017Lfk/s400/ColonelSanders-Pimp.jpg

Lucas
09-28-2011, 12:22 PM
sanders was a pimp, you can tell. plus he was so awesome back when he was alive you could walk into a kfc and ask for food if you were hungry and had no money and they would give you some chicken. true story. he was the colonel of pimp.

Ray Pina
09-28-2011, 12:33 PM

My dream regarding MMA was just to get to a level where I felt comfortable to enter and give it ago. I really didn't think I was going to start a serious career in my mid-thirties as a hobbyist.

But you're at the right place for dreams and fantasies.

wenshu
09-28-2011, 12:35 PM
sanders was a pimp, you can tell. plus he was so awesome back when he was alive you could walk into a kfc and ask for food if you were hungry and had no money and they would give you some chicken. true story. he was the colonel of pimp.

http://southernmemoriesandupdates.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/colonel-sanders-with-cheerleaders-s.jpg

One of the characters from Kafka_on_the_Shore (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kafka_on_the_Shore) is

Colonel Sanders: A "concept" who takes the form of a pimp or hustler. He is named after, and appears similar to, Harland Sanders, the founder and face of Kentucky Fried Chicken.

wenshu
09-28-2011, 12:40 PM

What's your excuse?

hskwarrior
09-28-2011, 12:51 PM

yet, here YOU are......

Lucas
09-28-2011, 12:52 PM
i come here for the boobies :eek:

David Jamieson
09-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Be nice to each other.
That was not a bad wisecrack. but still, be nice to each other.

GeneChing
09-28-2011, 01:32 PM
KFC was more successful in China because the chicken was better. Factory farming didn't bland out the chicken so it doesn't taste like anything anymore, not even chicken. The hamburger franchises like McD and BK rely on corn-fed beef. No one feeds corn to cows in China. They eat it. Seriously, I was served feed corn at Shaolin once (if you've read my book (http://www.amazon.com/Shaolin-Trips-Gene-Ching/dp/1424308976/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276188031&sr=1-1), you know).

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_01/sandersBCFT1704_468x340.jpg

hmmm, well he comes and goes. He is there for a moment and then he disappears.
He seems to be mischievous, yet with a childlike innocence. Never malicious.
I can only guess it's man's glimpse of his inner child, which if given into too much, can trip up his spirituality.That's totally unsatisfactory. Eugene the Jeep is a riddle wrapped in an enigma on every level. Just how much spinach did those Popeye animators smoke before coming up with Eugene the Jeep?

Ray Pina
09-28-2011, 01:46 PM
What's your excuse?

From time to time I like to see what the competition is doing.

As an unbiased third-party observer who took a few years rest from here I would say it appears more TCMA people understand the importance of live training in theory. Seems like only a small handful have applied it...... still same level of personal attacks, sarcasm, etc, to misdirect attention away from the massive failures and delusions of following combat masters without any combat experience.

Brule
09-28-2011, 01:55 PM

As an unbiased third-party observer who took a few years rest from here I would say it appears more TCMA people understand the importance of live training in theory. Seems like only a small handful have applied it...... still same level of personal attacks, sarcasm, etc, to misdirect attention away from the massive failures and delusions of following combat masters without any combat experience.

Competition? wow, big change from when you declared yourself GOD compared to those here. Now we're competition? Thank you.

Unbiased? does not compute.....please explain. How are you unbiased?

PS: not only was the Colonel a 'pimp' dude did a lot for the poor.

wenshu
09-28-2011, 02:16 PM

So in order for you to reconfirm that wing chun can't fight you have to post here upwards of 10 times a day?

I think a more likely explanation is that the megalomaniacal histrionics over your mediocre career would get you laughed out of any legit MMA forum but here you can spout all the grandiose bull**** you want without fear of anyone really calling you on it.

At least that's why I hang out here, that and crippling social anxiety.

Taixuquan99
09-28-2011, 02:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvWh6PMi9Ek

wenshu
09-28-2011, 02:25 PM
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_01/sandersBCFT1704_468x340.jpg

Is it just me or does the Col. on the right look like Gordon Liu?
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/images/ezine/0902_Gordon_Liu.jpg

Lucas
09-28-2011, 02:33 PM
http://www.alivenotdead.com/attachments/2010/01/03/07/507001_201001030700014.png

Taixuquan99
09-28-2011, 02:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keMbjwBzWYw

wenshu
09-28-2011, 03:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwNgsEkgBa4

Ray Pina
09-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Competition? wow, big change from when you declared yourself GOD compared to those here. Now we're competition? Thank you.

Anyone who can potentially cross hands with me is competition. I like to know what people are training, how and how they use their material.

I know how MMA, boxing and BJJ trains, because I train them. I keep looking for signs of improvement in TCMA's training method, because, again, I think TCMA's actual material has value, it just hasn't been able to apply it broadly, uniformly. Mostly because of teachers placating to docile students who in return become teachers......

Unbiased? does not compute.....please explain. How are you unbiased?
I've trained Chinese martial arts. I've trained Japanese martial arts. I've trained western boxing, BJJ and now MMA.... I love all the cultures and what they offer but I'm not tied to any of them in such a way that I get defensive or prevent myself from looking at them honestly. I can see the strengths and weaknesses in each of them and discuss them without fear of losing revenue or having my martial world view shattered.

Ray Pina
09-28-2011, 03:57 PM
So in order for you to reconfirm that wing chun can't fight you have to post here upwards of 10 times a day?

I confirmed wing chun's inadequacies to myself a long time ago by beating a good number of its players rather easily. It's just my opinion. And I'm always open to see good wing chun that doesn't have a weak structure and flailing strking.

I think a more likely explanation is that the megalomaniacal histrionics over your mediocre career would get you laughed out of any legit MMA forum but here you can spout all the grandiose bull**** you want without fear of anyone really calling you on it.

First, you're half right. I have no fear of anyone calling me out here because I'm familiar with the subjects I comment on and, unlike the vast majority of martial artists here, I am capable and skilled in using my body for violence. As I've said before, I have nothing to offer MMA. They have no interest in learning about the trapping, sticking or short power I've learned from TCMA. They have their own system of training that works.

As for "grandiose"... I have been completely open and honest about my achievements and failures regarding martial arts.

These personal attacks on me have been going on for sometime here. Why?

I claim I have fought where the majority here, including "masters", haven't. It's true.
I have won and I have lost... all fighters have. It amazes me that there's so much lack of honor here that its not even apparent that many here are talking as "fans" of fighting. And not fighters themselves. It's apparent.

I claim TCMA and its masters actually make grandiose claims of world titles when they're fighting in a TCMA exclusive environment, if they've ever fought at all. I claim, with the exception of San Da, TCMA has not proven that it can stand beside striking arts such as karate, boxing, Muay Thai and MMA in environments such as Vale Tudo, MMA... that is also true.

If you want to get controversial and have a reason for hating me, I'll say San Da is about as Chinese as the Chinese fighter jets China now produces for itself... after stealing all the technology from everyone else. Which is smart of them. Which is why they're doing what the rest of TCMA is incapable of doing.

You have to realize how bad all of this looks from my end. I'm trying to have serious discussions on a TCMA board about how TCMA can improve -- as a TCMAer who has gone out to fight -- and instead I'm attacked personally by anonymous mouth boxers with nothing to offer but KFC pics. Kung Fu is the way it is because of the collective YOU.

Taixuquan99
09-28-2011, 03:57 PM
http://images.piccsy.com/cache/images/meme-meme-110099-434-639.jpg

Taixuquan99
09-28-2011, 03:59 PM
http://satireknight.wikispaces.com/file/view/mememe.jpg/231007568/mememe.jpg

Ray Pina
09-28-2011, 04:04 PM
.......................... Kung Fu is cool

Snipsky
09-28-2011, 04:18 PM
As for "grandiose"... I have been completely open and honest about my achievements and failures regarding martial arts.

if I may, you do sound like you want to be patted on the back. honestly, you do that enough around here that we don't have to. you're doing a great job of bragging. :D

Ray Pina
09-28-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm responding to posts geared at me.

If someone is claiming I haven't fought or have only lost, I'm going to post that its not so. That there's evidence to show its not so.

If I have to do that 10 times a day because anonymous mouth boxers are talking out of turn, I can. I work from my home office.

It's not patting my back. Its setting the record straight.

Snipsky
09-28-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm responding to posts geared at me.

I don't think anyone around here thinks you're a martial God dude. The only person that said that is YOU.

If someone is claiming I haven't fought or have only lost, I'm going to post that its not so. That there's evidence to show its not so.

If I have to do that 10 times a day because anonymous mouth boxers are talking out of turn, I can. I work from my home office.

Honestly, i think you're mad that no one is giving you any praise, so you do it yourself. thats ok, its just egomania taking place.

bawang
09-28-2011, 05:10 PM
ZOMG! I'm totes a bad ass hunter gatherer because I eat factory farmed flying rodents.

nothings makes me more hungry than the sound of a thousand mouths crying out in pain.

when i eat kfc i play audio recording of nancy kerrigan crying.

SPJ
09-28-2011, 05:45 PM
.......................... Kung Fu is cool

there are many customized dummie nowadays.

always cool to see the old or traditional one.

:cool:

bawang
09-28-2011, 05:47 PM

ok.
jkhhjkhjkhkh

SPJ
09-28-2011, 05:47 PM
http://satireknight.wikispaces.com/file/view/mememe.jpg/231007568/mememe.jpg

yes very much so

spiritual pursuit

is about harmony among you, other people

harmony with the heaven

harmony with the earth.

tian, di ren san he

PalmStriker
09-28-2011, 08:40 PM
when i train hard every day i dont feel anything in my mind, its completely blank.i feel nothing. maybe thats why shaolin monks say martial art can bring chan.
Nothing is good. :)

Brule
09-29-2011, 05:48 AM
With all due respec Ray, you need to bottle that arrogance up and sell it online. The act is getting tiresome. I don't disagree that more people should go out and learn things if that's what's going to make them better, but there's nothing wrong with the fact that some are happy where they are.

...step

David Jamieson
09-29-2011, 06:12 AM
martial practice, or exhaustively hard work and extended effort WILL bring Chan.

persevere and it will happen. Pretty much a guarantee. :)

Ray Pina
09-29-2011, 06:45 AM
there's nothing wrong with the fact that some are happy where they are.

...step

Absolutely..... step.

My issue isn't with form collectors. It's with form collectors who pass themselves off as masters of armed/unarmed combat.

David Jamieson
09-29-2011, 07:49 AM
Absolutely..... step.

My issue isn't with form collectors. It's with form collectors who pass themselves off as masters of armed/unarmed combat.

Are you talking about armchair loudmouths? because those typically aren't "forms collectors"

also, what is wrong with collecting forms? Nothing. It's as acceptable as jogging.

I don't think anyone needs awareness training about what fighting is or is not.

Lucas
09-29-2011, 08:58 AM
. It's with form collectors who pass themselves off as masters of armed/unarmed combat.

You're not alone here Ray. The thing is though, very rarely will anything anyone ever says truly change people, especially on a internet forum. They want to practice form, they dont want to have hard contact. Which is fine and ok, we all know that. really I think though that some of the energy spent on those people is wasted. No body likes to have their achievements/endeavors called into question when they are things so close to heart.

you're a passionate guy ray, i think its pretty obvious, just dont let people get you so riled up, because thats what some people aim for. its understandable that you want to set the record straight when your character is called into question, i think any one of us would do the same thing.

a long time ago i decided to let people live in what ever world they wanted. i dont even try to set my friends 'straight' that practice in a manner in which i dont feel is realistic.

you know, honestly, i think in light of your defense of your self coming off as egotistical, you've rolled with the punches pretty well seeing as how so many people here are giving you sh!t about it. most people would have cried and took their ball home.

bawang
09-29-2011, 10:10 AM
You're not alone here Ray. The thing is though, very rarely will anything anyone ever says truly change people, especially on a internet forum.
david ross changed me.

David Jamieson
09-29-2011, 10:13 AM
david ross changed me.

Tell us how...this guy:
http://www.lionsroar.name/david_20.jpg
changed you...

hskwarrior
09-29-2011, 10:34 AM
**** he has the old school boom box in the background....where's big daddy kane at?

Iron_Eagle_76
09-29-2011, 10:35 AM
Tell us how...this guy:
http://www.lionsroar.name/david_20.jpg
changed you...

Much the way this guy inspired me!!! :p

bawang
09-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Tell us how...this guy:

changed you...

he show me to be strong. be alpha.

taai gihk yahn
09-29-2011, 10:57 AM

clearly the Holy Ghost (Spirit), ya mulyak...

Foiling Fist
09-30-2011, 07:23 AM
before i squat, i do spirit possession ritual as a warmup. it send me into a berserker fury.

Now that's inspired!

That will get you into the right state, right now.

Many forget that a lot of Martial Arts are learned from the Animal Fighting Spirit.

To respect the animal form; without the animal consciousness; is a mistake.

Spirit is a mind/body relationship that one must live; and be totally immersed in.

Foiling Fist
09-30-2011, 07:34 AM
Some say the fire in Praying Mantis is balanced by the cool waters of Tai Chi.

taai gihk yahn
09-30-2011, 07:56 AM
Some say the fire in Praying Mantis is balanced by the cool waters of Tai Chi.

some say the pyramids were built by aliens

some say chocolate fudge sundays taste good with pickles and mayonaise

some say just about any old thing

taai gihk yahn
09-30-2011, 08:04 AM

ok, fair enough - but I think that this is something well-known and established throughout human history in all cultures - any "warrior" culture will know this and tap into it in different ways, from ancient Sparta to modern day Special Ops training (I mean, we all saw Altered States and Full Metal Jacket, right? we all see what football players do to each other to get each other reved up bef a game, right?) - the difference is that in TCMA, it is mixed into the socio-cutural paradigms found in Taoist cosmology; it's basically a retro-version of cognitive behavioral training / pressure-based training; u don't really need the totemic aspect vis a vis 5 animals, but if that particular method speaks to one because the foreign ginger is always more tasty, then hey, cool;

the thing i guess I have a wee issue with is this: all those warnings about adverse effects, the training backfiring, having negative results, the stern warning by the sifu before training etc. - has anyone ever actually experienced or seen anything even remotely like what they tell u to b careful of? has anyone ever actually seen someone sustain irrevocable damage / personality shifts, etc. as a result of doing Iron Wire or something similar? I mean, I just wonder if it's more about adding to the "romance" by thinking that we r skirting the shoals of disaster everytime we practice sumthing "secret and potentially dangerous", when in fact, I am not so sure about it...

SPJ
09-30-2011, 09:09 AM
full metal jacket

yes watched a few times

did not like the part that the drill seargent was shot. then the dude took his own life.

the thing is that, if you are brave enough to shoot your seargent and yourself. why not save these 2 bullets and shoot or give them to the enemy in the battlefield.

what a waste. what a waste of your life and such.

did not like--

well it is just a movie.

oops.

life is real. war is hell.

movies is just movie.

etc etc.

bawang
09-30-2011, 09:18 AM
At least that's why I hang out here, that and crippling social anxiety.

do squats.

wenshu
09-30-2011, 09:22 AM
the foreign ginger is always more tasty

Is that like an alien with no soul?

http://images.wikia.com/twilightsaga/images/f/f0/Rachelle_Lefevre.jpg

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjEyNjA1NTg1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzIxMTk4Mw@@._ V1._SY314_CR128,0,214,314_.jpg

http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/celebs/islafisher/isla_fisher_2.jpg

wenshu
09-30-2011, 09:26 AM
do squats.

http://www.superstrengthtraining.com/images/strossen_ss1.jpg

bawang
09-30-2011, 09:30 AM
i dont get it.

GeneChing
10-12-2011, 10:48 AM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/motivated-monday-29.jpg

If only forum flame wars would end fast.... if onlly...

David Jamieson
10-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Oh Japan, thanks for being so dang crazy! lol

p.s You too SK!