PDA

View Full Version : The fight card for clf invitational

hskwarrior
09-28-2011, 02:36 PM
A FEW FUT SAN HUNG SING FIGHTERS AND A LOT OF BUK SING FOLKS. **** i wish i could be there...i should get some video of it though

http://www.u23p.com/datadetail.php?key=12290

CLFNole
09-29-2011, 07:10 AM
When & where is this taking place?

hskwarrior
09-29-2011, 07:18 AM
I believe its in Hong Kong and it takes place next month (october). I'm looking forward to seeing video of Sifu Nick fighting

Mano Mano
09-29-2011, 09:27 AM
I think my CLF sifu is in Hong kong in October.

CLFNole
09-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Some of those first few fighters are really light in weight around 110 to 115 pounds.

once ronin
09-29-2011, 11:46 AM
Strange place for this event. No seating available and they are not allowed to sell tickets.

CLFNole
09-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Huh? That would be bizarre.

once ronin
09-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Govt building with govt rules.

The 1st flr is an open market.

The square circle is on the 6th flr.

Go figure?

CLFNole
09-29-2011, 02:09 PM
How can it be an "invitational" if no one can buy tickets?

hskwarrior
09-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Invitation only hahah

GruBianca
09-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Govt building with govt rules.

The 1st flr is an open market.

The square circle is on the 6th flr.

Go figure?

I think you are mistaken and confused. The Choylifut event is on the 30th of October whereas the event you are referring to is held on the 9th of October in Shan shui po
and it's not related to Choylifut. (國慶盃 2011 對賽表 日期: 9-10-2011 (14:00)
舉行地點:深水埗北河街市政大樓6樓)

once ronin
09-29-2011, 05:45 PM
I am reading it off the poster on this topic.

It states the date and time.

Then the following line states the place.

Did I miss a line somewhere?

GruBianca
09-30-2011, 12:52 AM
I am reading it off the poster on this topic.

It states the date and time.

Then the following line states the place.

Did I miss a line somewhere?

Aiks, my apologies, you are right I did miss something not you. I did miss the line of the place the Choylifut event is held which it's the same of the other event on the 9 of October.

LeeLi
10-10-2011, 10:13 PM
hi guys, the event is on the 30th. i'd go take video for you, but i'll be at Legend FC 6 in Macau.

the rules state it's an amateur event, 3 x 2 minute rounds. they have to wear headgear AND a chest protector , and it says 4 oz gloves which HAS to be a mistake because the gloves they show are definitely NOT MMA gloves, so i assume it's a misprint and they are using 14 oz gloves. oh, and it's point-fighting, and points are awarded for out-of-bounds, which is funny because they are using a Muay Thai ring. i'm assuming again, probably someone just left the old rules up.

anyway, at least props to your kung fu clan for getting in the ring.

Buck Sing Gwoon
10-10-2011, 11:21 PM
hi guys, the event is on the 30th. i'd go take video for you, but i'll be at Legend FC 6 in Macau.

the rules state it's an amateur event, 3 x 2 minute rounds. they have to wear headgear AND a chest protector , and it says 4 oz gloves which HAS to be a mistake because the gloves they show are definitely NOT MMA gloves, so i assume it's a misprint and they are using 14 ounce gloves. oh, and it's point-fighting, and points are awarded for out-of-bounds, which is funny because they are using a Muay Thai ring. i'm assuming again, probably someone just left the old rules up.

anyway, at least props to your kung fu clan for getting in the ring.

Hi LeeLi, I do not read chinese, however what I've been told by the organiser is we are fighting continuous full contact with 4 oz gloves, chest guard and head gear.

I emailed the organiser earlier on when we initially received the invitation and advised him that my Disciples and I preferred to not wear headgear or chest guard however we were told that both of these are compulsory.

We would NOT be participating in or wasting our time in an event with - Head Gear, chest guard, 14 oz gloves and touch contact. That is not how we roll.

I will contact the organiser again to re-confirm details from him and will post here again accordingly.

LeeLi
10-10-2011, 11:57 PM
it's basically an amateur competition in a community sports center. under amateur rules here, they aren't going to let anyone fight without head gear. i think the chest protectors are ridiculous.

these associations have no idea what MMA gloves are and i'd be VERY surprised if they actually bought some and intend to use them. i haven't seen a 4 oz boxing glove except for little kids and no promoter in his right mind would allow them at ammy level. pros start bouts at 8 oz. 4 oz + unprofessional/no taping = lots of broken hands. not to mention noses.

get them to send you a photo. and weasel out of the chest gear!

Buck Sing Gwoon
10-11-2011, 01:08 AM
Hi Leeli,

Reply from organizer:

"tournament is full contact basic and just have some restriction only. The revised rules is also enclosed herewith for your reference

Rules of “World Choy Lee Fat Invitational Tournament 2011”

Specifications: Head guard, body guard, 4oz boxing gloves, black pants will be
**provided and groin guar will not be provided. Wearing of ornament is
prohibited. Only 2 helpers are allowed for each fighter.*
Rules: a. All rounds will be conducted in 3, 2 minutes round and 1 minute rest in
*between round
*b. At the end of the bout, the winner will be the one who has won 2 out of 3
rounds
c. If anyone won 2 rounds continuously, the 3rd round will not be held

LeeLi
10-11-2011, 05:04 AM
is that all they gave you? from their website, here are their additional rules (seems like sanda rules):

no strikes to the groin or throat.
no elbows or knees allowed.
5 judges.
1 point for knock down.
1 point for out of bounds.
10 second count for KO.
ref can stop the fight and award the winner at any time.
first foul: 1 point deduction.
second foul: 3 point deduction.
third foul, elimination.

there are no such things as "4 oz boxing gloves, unless you buy kids' gloves. the gloves they show are NOT MMA gloves. so, it must be an error.

i love how they say you must wear black pants, but they don't mention a mouthguard.

Buck Sing Gwoon
10-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Leeli,

The gloves are 4 oz punching mitts (gloves ) with no padded support on the thumb. They are similar mitts (gloves ) to what many people use when punching focus pads.

Those are the rules of that Tournament.

P.S If you need further clarification to ease YOUR mind and as your profile states you are in Hong Kong, you can contact the organiser yourself directly.

nospam
10-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Hahaha..we used open finger leather bag gloves and fought full contact against ourselves and the local kick-boxers. We eventually bought head gear a few years later. But then again we practised and fought for real. There really wasn't much holding back going on by any style.

I still recall the first time I walked into a punch with my face when we first started to spar. Taught me proper timing pretty quick. Then we eventually went to the accepted tournament foam gloves but some of us kept using a slightly more open finger padded glove. All the karate guys would yell 'break their fingers!'

Even semi-contact kwoon sparring or for 2 person drills, you need the feel and sense of open hand and landing a few techniques. Bag gloves are still the best for that. Just keep your mouth closed and your eyes open! haha

nospam.

LeeLi
10-11-2011, 11:14 PM
hi Buck Sing,

since, i am familiar with combat sports here, my only intent was to help you and other interested readers by assisting with clear information. thanks for clarifying that they are using bag gloves.

good luck with your training and have a great fight! i'll be across the delta watching some other Aussies kicking some ass on the same day.

lone_walker
10-15-2011, 09:48 PM
I think you are mistaken and confused. The Choylifut event is on the 30th of October whereas the event you are referring to is held on the 9th of October in Shan shui po
and it's not related to Choylifut. (國慶盃 2011 對賽表 日期: 9-10-2011 (14:00)
舉行地點:深水埗北河街市政大樓6樓)

Does anyone know if its close to a subway station?

once ronin
10-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Use the Sham Shui Po station about 5 to 10 min walk

lone_walker
10-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Are any of these fights going to be posted on youtube?

Nice to see malaysian brothers are in the tournament, i would like to avoid having to send my wife who happens to be in hong kong on that weekend if others are posting it online.

chasincharpchui
10-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Are any of these fights going to be posted on youtube?

Nice to see malaysian brothers are in the tournament, i would like to avoid having to send my wife who happens to be in hong kong on that weekend if others are posting it online.

Check your inbox

hskwarrior
10-31-2011, 08:26 PM
World Challenge Tournament 2011 Cai Lifo fellow winners:
1 Chenyou Yong (Malaysia Perak Chi Chi Cai Lifo learn to fly)
2 Wang Haihong (Foshan Liang Weiyong Hall)
3 Sun in gold (the right of the Hong Kong Museum of Zeng)
4 Lingwan Cheng (Zhao Ming An Hong Kong Martial Arts Association)
5. Blake Allen Griffin (Perth, Australia School of Chinese Kung Fu and Tai Chi)
6 Li Yanchang (Foshan Liang Weiyong Hall)
7. Nick Lizos (United States David Lee Hall)
8 Yang Shibang (Zhao Ming An Hong Kong Martial Arts Association)
9. Tarm Michielsen (Perth, Australia School of Chinese Kung Fu and Tai Chi)
10.Chris Mercieca (Melbourne, Australia, North Hall wins)

Awesome, two of Fut San Hung Sing fighters won.....

hskwarrior
10-31-2011, 09:41 PM
Big Props to BUCK SING GWOON FOR WINNING HIS MATCH

Buck Sing Gwoon
11-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Big Props to BUCK SING GWOON FOR WINNING HIS MATCH

Thanks Frank! my fight did not last very long at all, so I couldn't display more things.

My Disciple Chris Mercieca also won his fight!

hskwarrior
11-01-2011, 06:59 AM
So, you knocked him out that fast? what round? what'd you hit em with? man, im looking forward to seeing some footage brother......

did you watch Blakes fight?

Buck Sing Gwoon
11-03-2011, 12:33 AM
It ended in the first round... tko as he couldnt continue due to injury... ( Better him than me )He didnt come out in the second round.

I didnt really get to fight for more than 20 seconds in total.. was start stop start stop.

I was told a few days before the fight he didnt want to fight but did so to save face ( when you watch the fight you will most likely believe that ) however I cannot say its definetly true. You have to watch the brief fight as it really isn't much to talk about other than it was 1 Sifu of 1 Gwoon vs another Sifu of another Gwoon and that I won.

Most of the fights ended up like American style rugby matches not CLF. Sanda style grabbing etc

Blakes fight was great.

Talk soon brother Frank.

hskwarrior
11-03-2011, 09:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9jMXJ0eoDA

I watched your fight nick.....ya brutal bastich!!!!! LOL

I saw blakes fight, much much better than when he fought the muay thai guys. he was on that guy like white on rice man

tungmojingjung
11-03-2011, 05:51 PM
I am happy that my Hung Sing Kuen brothers from Futsan had a good showing in the tournament, well done. If I wasn't so dam old i'd like to revisit competition again myself.

Wang Haihong (Foshan Liang Weiyong Hall)
Li Yanchang (Foshan Liang Weiyong Hall)

Futsan Hung Sing Kuen

PM
12-20-2011, 01:01 AM
footage from my friend (student of Fatsaan Hung Sing), enjoy!

http://naamkyun.com/2011/12/choi-lei-fat-full-contact-competition-november-1st-2011/