PDA

View Full Version : Mok Gar, Taijutsu and Neijia

Super_Kick
10-08-2011, 07:12 AM
Hi everyone,

I only just got interested in martial arts after talking to my friend (Mick) who has another old friend (?) who has been training for years in a retreat. Apparently he (?) used to train in Taijutsu, as well as Mok Gar. I heard lots of stories about how him and his old friend used to clean up violent areas using their training etc. The guy used to say to Mick, "Mok Gar (for power, kicks and strikes) and Taijutsu (for throws and joint locks etc.) combined make up an almost unbeatable style. However, when facing a Neijia (not sure what this is) fighter, RUN".

I was wondering if a) anyone knows what he's talking about and b) if anyone has any advice for starting elite martial arts training.

Thanks,

B

hskwarrior
10-08-2011, 07:32 AM
only just got interested in martial arts after talking to my friend (mick) who has another old friend (?) who has been training for years in a retreat. Apparently he (?) used to train in taijutsu, as well as mok gar. i heard lots of stories about how him and his old friend used to clean up violent areas using their training etc. The guy used to say to mick, "mok gar (for power, kicks and strikes) and taijutsu (for throws and joint locks etc.) combined make up an almost unbeatable style. However, when facing a neijia (not sure what this is) fighter, run".

I was wondering if a) anyone knows what he's talking about and b) if anyone has any advice for starting elite martial arts training.

that!!!!!!!!

jdhowland
10-08-2011, 07:51 AM

Thanks,

B

a) You've been fed a lot of bad information apparently designed to increase the prestige of Mr. ?.

Nei jia just means "inner family" and is an inappropriate designation for some schools of kung fu.

b) When beginning a circle, start anywhere.

jdhowland
10-08-2011, 07:53 AM
p.s. There is no such thing as "elite" martial arts training. More hooey.

Super_Kick
10-08-2011, 08:30 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks for trying to help, but I'm actually pretty serious here. The guy in question (we'll call him "Nicky") seems pretty believable to me - he apparently used to be pretty skilled with Japanese swords and grappling techniques, having learned from a high level expert (Andrew something? He must be in his early 30s by now) for a number of years.

I was pretty inspired by a story I heard from Mick, who said that Andrew and Nicky once took down a local group of troublemakers (armed with knives etc.) completely unarmed. Apparently the group never bothered that neighbourhood again.

The reason I'm interested in this stuff is because my girlfriend is being bothered by a group known as the "Carlsberg Boys" (anyone heard of them?), and the police don't seem at all interested.

Having just been made redundant, I have a lot of time on my hands, and so have decided to do 8 hours training a day in order to take these guys down.

hskwarrior
10-08-2011, 08:59 AM
i was pretty inspired by a story i heard from mick, who said that andrew and nicky once took down a local group of troublemakers (armed with knives etc.) completely unarmed. Apparently the group never bothered that neighbourhood again.

lmao. Shananigans

tell her to get a gun. carry a machete. Pepper Spraystungunbattleaxedoubledaggers.

Super_Kick
10-08-2011, 09:08 AM
We are in the UK (no guns) and taking on a gang with a machete will not end well. Instead I need to train in sophisticated unarmed combat and stealth skills.

hskwarrior
10-08-2011, 09:20 AM
We are in the UK (no guns) and taking on a gang with a machete will not end well. Instead I need to train in sophisticated unarmed combat and stealth skills.

stealth huh? what is considered unsophisticated unarmed combat?

Super_Kick
10-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Unsophisticated unarmed combat, from my research, seems to be basic punch-block-kick type systems (kickboxing etc.). It works fine in competitions, but from what I've heard from Nicky/Andrew via Mick, is that to take on serious opponents sophisticated systems are required.

I have decided to try to train in the following...

Systema : stealth, firearms, soft-power
Eagle Claw: joint manipulations and kicks
Hung Gar: power and arm techniques
Taijutsu: additional stealth, throws and grappling

I've managed to find various e-books teaching me all these things and with my strict 8 hours a day I plan to be pretty deadly within 3/4 weeks or so.

hskwarrior
10-08-2011, 09:35 AM
good luck in your search :)

jdhowland
10-08-2011, 10:48 AM
I have decided to try to train in the following...

Systema : stealth, firearms, soft-power
Eagle Claw: joint manipulations and kicks
Hung Gar: power and arm techniques
Taijutsu: additional stealth, throws and grappling

I've managed to find various e-books teaching me all these things and with my strict 8 hours a day I plan to be pretty deadly within 3/4 weeks or so.

Right, Mate. Now I know you're having us on.

You are already pretty deadly. 8 hours per day of hard training will kill you.

hskwarrior
10-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Right, Mate. Now I know you're having us on.

You are already pretty deadly. 8 hours per day of hard training will kill you.

hahaha. i was on to him from the get go.

Super_Kick
10-08-2011, 11:05 AM
8 hours a day is my plan, starting tomorrow. I know it seems like a lot but what I lack in experience right now, I make up for in devotion.

From what I've been told Nicky and Andrew used to train for this kind of length every day, and seeing as Nicky's been off the radar for the last few years I think you can bet your bottom dollar he's been training full time.

Here is my rough plan for training -

8 - 10 : Power training, striking, kicking and forms
10 - 12: Stealth, tumbling & agility
---
1 - 3 : Knife training, joint manipulation, throwing techniques, psychological training, crowd mentality, martial trickery
5 - 6 : (Machines) - Wooden dummy, iron rings, eagle catcher, heavy chinese weapons
6 - 7 : Meditation

hskwarrior
10-08-2011, 11:29 AM
1 - 3 : Knife training, joint manipulation, throwing techniques, psychological training, crowd mentality, martial trickery

ok now we're talking. can you share some info on the martial trickery part? i want to know some martial trickery.

Good, it sounds like you have a solid plan there. so well thought out. precise. man, you honor the Bawang!!!!!

Runlikehell
10-08-2011, 05:06 PM
You need to study the Maoshan sect of Taoism. Their magic will make you unbeatable. Even bullets won't be able to harm you.

Super_Kick
10-09-2011, 05:09 AM
Guys, time to get serious. It's easy to make jokes etc. when you're not being harassed by the Carlsberg Boys, but when things get heavy, most people would rather run off and cry. Thankfully, I'm not most people.

Here is a summary of this morning's training -

I'll start by explaining the martial trickery as it seems many of you are having problems understanding what it is. "Martial trickery" is a term I found in one of Nicky's training manuals I got from Mick (I'll scan in a page if anyone's interested). It refers to the use of elaborate deception techniques, both for stealth and combat.

After martial trickery training, I spend most of this morning in horse stance practising tiger punches.

B

Super_Kick
10-09-2011, 05:20 AM
Here is a scan of one of the techniques I trained this morning. It is taken from the manual I discussed earlier.

Super_Kick
10-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask a quick question while I have my break from elite training. Does Kung Fu have any stealth techniques I can learn?

Also, what do you guys make of the excerpt from Nicky's training manual? I've managed to get hold of the whole document, but apparently many of its techniques are secret and so I won't release many images.

Many thanks,

B

Ben Gash
10-09-2011, 07:57 AM
Right, so you read classical Chinese script then?

Super_Kick
10-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Ah is this in Classical Chinese? Do you think it is in fact a more ancient document in that case? I think Nicky got hold of it while he was training in somewhere called Kunlun. Does that help work any of this out?

YouKnowWho
10-09-2011, 10:44 AM
It is taken from the manual I discussed earlier.

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6649&d=1318162765

MA strategy = method + power

It seems like a guy threw a grenade over someone's head and exploed behind him.

The drawing characters looks more like Japanese than Chinese to me.

Ben Gash
10-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Ah is this in Classical Chinese? Do you think it is in fact a more ancient document in that case? I think Nicky got hold of it while he was training in somewhere called Kunlun. Does that help work any of this out?

So you're studying from a manual you can't actually read?

YouKnowWho
10-09-2011, 11:22 AM
I plan to be pretty deadly within 3/4 weeks or so.

Good plan but hard to achieve. I had your plan when I was 7 years old. Today, I'm still not deadly. :o :(

Super_Kick
10-09-2011, 11:37 AM
I can't read it really but I understand most of the ideas from it. Do you think it's a very ancient manual? Apparently Nicky got hold of it in the mountains from an old master.

YouKnowWho
10-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Nicky got hold of it in the mountains from an old master.

Is the mountain in China or in Japan? Was the old master a Chinese of a Japanese? The word "Wu Dao" sound like a Japanese term to me. Also Chinese will use "Fajin" instead of "Bao fa".

Ben Gash
10-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Looks 40s-60s at most really, could even be newer.

hskwarrior
10-09-2011, 01:20 PM
no, you have a true treasure in your hands there....or nicky or mike or whatever the dudes names are.

wiz cool c
10-09-2011, 05:05 PM
so while everyone is at work you will be at home training martial arts full time to fight off street thugs. so you will be a superhero. have you picked out a costume yet? as a black belt in bujinkan ninpo taijutsu
i can tell you black is not the best camouflage for urban setting,dark blue and grey are. and ninja suit will all interfere with blending into the surroundings.

so i guess you still live with mom hun? since rent in not a concern. south park had a few good episodes about being a super hero. also you will need a name. and a fake identity. but if you are older then 12 i recommend you get a job or go to school. cause mom and mom's basement won't be there forever.

bawang
10-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Hi everyone,

I only just got interested in martial arts after talking to my friend (Mick) who has another old friend (?) who has been training for years in a retreat. Apparently he (?) used to train in Taijutsu, as well as Mok Gar. I heard lots of stories about how him and his old friend used to clean up violent areas using their training etc. The guy used to say to Mick, "Mok Gar (for power, kicks and strikes) and Taijutsu (for throws and joint locks etc.) combined make up an almost unbeatable style. However, when facing a Neijia (not sure what this is) fighter, RUN".

Thanks,

B

hello, he is refering to someone who squats a lot.

Super_Kick
10-10-2011, 03:53 AM
Wiz Cool C, let me explain a few things to you about my situation.

In order to protect my girlfriend from these hoodlums known as "The Carlsberg Boys" I asked a friend of mine Mick if there is anything I can do. Mick told me about Nicky and Andrew...

About 5 years ago Andrew (who was the sensei) and Nicky (senior disciple) took the law into their own hands in order to take on a local gang. Instead of relying on weapons or large numbers of personnel, the two used three things...

1. Their elite martial arts abilities
2. Their covert stealth training
3. Their highly developed understanding of psychological warfare

I asked Mick if I could meet Nicky and Andrew, but he told me Nicky had gone to the mountains to refine his skills, while Andrew had become uncontactable. Disillusioned, I nearly gave into The Carlsberg Boys, but as I was leaving my house the phone rang...

Micky told me he had managed to get hold of Nicky's training manual, an old document from the Kunlun Mountains, a treasure trove of fighting skills and martial trickery tuition. Day and night I studied it, wondering if this could be the answer, and as my curiosity deepened, my conviction and belief in myself grew. Finally I knew. If I could master the skills laid out in this document, I could end The Carlsberg Boys' reign of terror forever.

CFT
10-10-2011, 05:45 AM
You need to study the Maoshan sect of Taoism. Their magic will make you unbeatable. Even bullets won't be able to harm you.Tin Yat sect FTW!!!

Super_Kick
10-10-2011, 06:13 AM
While you people joke about squatting and magic, the Carlsberg Boys grow from strength to strength. Please, let's stop this sidestepping and get back to the matter at hand.

CFT
10-10-2011, 07:08 AM
While you people joke about squatting and magic, the Carlsberg Boys grow from strength to strength. Please, let's stop this sidestepping and get back to the matter at hand.Must be the Special Brew then. If the extract from your super secret manual is anything to go by, I suggest you go throw yourself off a mountain into a bottomless ravine and find a rare manual to an earth shattering skill. It always works in the world of wuxia.

hskwarrior
10-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Wiz Cool C, let me explain a few things to you about my situation.

In order to protect my girlfriend from these hoodlums known as "The Carlsberg Boys" I asked a friend of mine Mick if there is anything I can do. Mick told me about Nicky and Andrew...

About 5 years ago Andrew (who was the sensei) and Nicky (senior disciple) took the law into their own hands in order to take on a local gang. Instead of relying on weapons or large numbers of personnel, the two used three things...

1. Their elite martial arts abilities
2. Their covert stealth training
3. Their highly developed understanding of psychological warfare

I asked Mick if I could meet Nicky and Andrew, but he told me Nicky had gone to the mountains to refine his skills, while Andrew had become uncontactable. Disillusioned, I nearly gave into The Carlsberg Boys, but as I was leaving my house the phone rang...

Micky told me he had managed to get hold of Nicky's training manual, an old document from the Kunlun Mountains, a treasure trove of fighting skills and martial trickery tuition. Day and night I studied it, wondering if this could be the answer, and as my curiosity deepened, my conviction and belief in myself grew. Finally I knew. If I could master the skills laid out in this document, I could end The Carlsberg Boys' reign of terror forever.

You know i heard some terrible things about Nicky and Mick and what they did with Andrew. you know i think Andrew is a member of kellysburg boys. trust me, there is reason why he goes to the mountain. I've heard of this mountain nicky mick and Drew goes to...... I heard they practiced naked gung fu on the broke back mountain.....

TenTigers
10-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Dude, your Martial Trickery skillz better be up to snuff. These guys are freakin deadly and not to be trifled with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHSOl__WfcE

pateticorecords
10-10-2011, 10:24 AM
http://www.myspace.com/carlsbergboys

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/3/0b014bfbc1e3bd9888438cf709c8af54/l.jpg;)

hskwarrior
10-10-2011, 10:44 AM
look its Nicky n Mick.......those guys are badas$es Fo Sho........

pateticorecords
10-10-2011, 11:05 AM
look its Nicky n Mick.......those guys are badas$es Fo Sho........

hehehe... those The Carlsberg Boys look terrifying:D

Runlikehell
10-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Tin Yat sect FTW!!!

Hey, maybe Taoverse Deity will show him some great skills!

TenTigers
10-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Tin Yat sect FTW!!!
What is that, Outlaw Taoists? Tin Yat Sect Fu(k the world?

CFT
10-11-2011, 01:36 AM
I see where you're coming from, what with your love of bikes. FTW = "For the win".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ftw

Super_Kick
10-11-2011, 02:56 AM
Don't you people see? There are MANY Carlsberg Boys - some of them are for show (all of the above), but some are the real deal. They are DELIBERATELY setting up splinter groups, distractions and decoys. This is exactly why training in psychological warfare is so important.

I have managed to get myself a bokken, the first step on my warrior's quest. However, my daily training is the real key.

Does anyone have any advice on elite stealth methods?

CFT
10-11-2011, 04:23 AM
Shhh, don't talk about sphincter groups or Frank will broke back your sorry @ss.

Elite stealth methods? I have read that a Mr. H. Potter has an infallible Invisibility Cloak.

hskwarrior
10-11-2011, 06:35 AM
I have managed to get myself a bokken, the first step on my warrior's quest. However, my daily training is the real key.

Does anyone have any advice on elite stealth methods?

Yes, the Bokken is the secret to stealthy elite bokken techniques. You can practice your Bokken on the mountain whose back is broken.

Brule
10-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Hi everyone,

Thanks,

B

You might be better served posting this in the "Street Fighting/Reality" forum of the site where REAL martial artists hang out and have dealt with situations like yours. Don't pay these Southern Kung Fu guys any attention, they think they know kung fu but all they do is prance around grunting and swinging their arms.

hskwarrior
10-11-2011, 11:06 AM
You might be better served posting this in the "Street Fighting/Reality" forum of the site where REAL martial artists hang out and have dealt with situations like yours. Don't pay these Southern Kung Fu guys any attention, they think they know kung fu but all they do is prance around grunting and swinging their arms.

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF! :mad:

I may swing my arms, but I DON'T and i mean DON'T prance.......or grunt.....unless while on the toilet. :p

TenTigers
10-11-2011, 11:51 AM
SPEAK FOR YOURSELF! :mad:

I may swing my arms, but I DON'T and i mean DON'T prance.......or grunt.....unless while on the toilet. :p

you prance on the toilet?
THIS, I have to see....wait, no.
never mind....

hskwarrior
10-11-2011, 11:56 AM
http://fightpastor.com/fightpastor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/doh2.jpg

brothernumber9
10-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Super_Kick
Grandmaster Andy used to have a student that posted here in the past. You should ask him to train you in Judo Katana. You already have a bokken so you are already well on your way to being well fit.

Super_Kick
10-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Oh that's wonderful news. Do you have any contact details for Grandmaster Andy? Do you know how I can get hold of his student or what he is called?

TenTigers
10-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Oh that's wonderful news. Do you have any contact details for Grandmaster Andy? Do you know how I can get hold of his student or what he is called?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_9-hpTYYiE&feature=related

Dragonzbane76
10-11-2011, 04:40 PM
and this is what drugs will do to you people. prime example. :rolleyes:

Super_Kick
10-12-2011, 02:25 AM
Guys, novelty comedy clips from the early 70s just don't help. You people don't realise that the Carlsberg Boys are growing from strength to strength. Now, will someone please tell me more about Grandmaster Andy?