View Full Version : The Avengers!

Hebrew Hammer
10-11-2011, 10:20 AM
This is gonna be tight...

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/avengers/

GeneChing
04-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Follow the link for the "Iron Man workout"

Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man Workout (http://www.mensfitness.com/training/build-muscle/robert-downey-jrs-iron-man-workout)
The workout routine that helped this Hollywood star gain 25 pounds of pure muscle.
MF Editors
Photography by: Sam Jones

It’s been four years since Robert Downey Jr. first suited up as Iron Man. In this summer’s The Avengers, Downey Jr. reprises the role alongside Chris Evans (Captain America) and Chris Hemsworth (Thor).

Even for a veteran Hollywood superstar like Downey Jr., you’d think it’d be a little intimidating to perform opposite men that are younger, more athletic, and physically primed to take on the roles of super-soldier and Norse God. Think again.

“I’m not particularly tall, strong, fast, or aggressive,” Downey Jr. told us, “But I’m not faking it.”

Far from it.

Since 2003, he has trained using the Wing Chun technique made famous by Bruce Lee, a discipline that’s become a part of his daily routine—and his dedication to perfecting the art is evident in his performances.

He is also a beast in the gym (see Downey Jr.’s plan below) but knows his limits: “I’m not a kid,” he told us, “And I’m not a professional athlete.”

Getting in Iron Man shape, however, forced Downey Jr. back into the gym in conjunction with his Wing Chun training. “We cut way back on cardio and really increased the weight he was lifting,” says Brad Bose, Downey Jr.’s trainer. After months of hard work and consuming 5,000 calories a day, Downey Jr. had packed on 25 pounds of muscle and forged a physique truly worthy of Iron Man.

Related threads:
Iron Man (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49445)
Thor (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47592)
Captain America (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61294)
Hulk (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51239)
Did I miss any?

Five fact about The Avengers (http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/movies/five-fact-about-the-avengers-20120424-1xj0j.html)
April 25, 2012

The Avengers hits Australian screens today. Here are some things you probably didn't know about the action flick and the making of it.

Them's fighting words

Tom Hiddleston, who plays the Norse god Loki, had to learn the most fight sequences of any cast member for his battles with The Avengers. He did training in Wushu, a Chinese martial art, as well as boxing, stick and staff work, knife work and hand-to-hand combat.

He wasn't the only one put through the wringer though.

Mark Ruffalo lost 21 pounds to play Hulk, while shooting had to be rescheduled when Jeremy Renner tore a muscle from his back to his shoulder filming stunts for Hawkeye.

Scarlett Johansson also trained extensively in Wushu and weapons handling alongside fight choreographer Jonathan Eusebio and her stunt double, Heidi Moneymaker.

It ain's easy being green

Mark Ruffalo, who replaced Edward Norton as The Hulk, says it's not a role he would usually take on, but Robert Downey Jnr and the Iron Man movies were what convinced him.

He says unlike previous incarnations of The Hulk, he doesn't change size in The Avengers and is always "about eight and a half feet tall" regardless of how angry he is.

The Avengers is the first time, in film, TV and in the comics, that Bruce Banner and The Hulk have had physical similarities. Instead of just CGI, director Joss Whedon used motion capture technology (used to create characters like Gollum from Lord of the Rings) so you can see Ruffalo's facial characteristics in The Hulk.

The Scarlett letter

The usually blonde Scarlett Johansson was not Iron Man 2 director Jon Favreau's first choice to play Natasha Romanoff, aka Black Widow, who in the comics is a tall Russian redhead. But when he met with her, she had dyed her hair red so he would know she was serious about the part.

The Avengers director Whedon made it clear from the beginning that a strong female character was absolutely essential and an all-male Avengers team was unacceptable.

Samuel 'Leeaky' Jackson

The Avengers is the first time Samuel L Jackson's SHIELD agent Nick Fury has stepped into a main role, instead of just cameos. But during filming, his printer was hacked and the movie script for The Avengers leaked online. Marvel sent a team of investigators to Canada to track down the person that put it up for sale online.

Nick Fury's own spin-off movie is now in the works, with Jackson predicting fellow agent Black Widow (Johansson) will also be in it.

Spying the spies during the shoot

The first day of the 92-day shoot was on April 24, 2011, and involved a scene where Nick Fury confronts Steve Rogers in an old boxing gym with a new mission.

It wasn't until day 11 that the entire lead cast of The Avengers assembled for the first time, for a scene where they find out why Nick has rounded them up.

Movies aren't generally shot chronologically, but the last scene of the movie was also shot on the last day of production, with the film wrapping on September 5, 2011.

It was shot in Central Park in New York with the entire lead cast, but because it was a long weekend in the US, thousands of onlookers gathered to see the Avengers in costume, including Thor and Loki decked out in their Asgardian gear.

The Avengers releases in Australian cinemas today.
Scarlett's (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1166831#post1166831) stunt double is named Heidi Moneymaker? So what, she's a Bond girl?

Hebrew Hammer
04-26-2012, 12:32 AM
Iron Man's workout link must be secret, the link doesn't work. For me Iron Man and the incredibly hot Scarlett Johannsen are going to make this for me. Iron Man cause the Robert Downy Jr plays an incredible character and the visual effects are right on. Black Widow in tights...enough said.

My biggest disappointment is Thor and Captain America...just very cartoonie...not impressive in the least...maybe its just my expectations of the characters was so much more from my comic book days as a kid. Thor and Capn A were two of my favorite marvel characters. It's like they're the 'B' team to the rest of them.

brothernumber9
04-26-2012, 06:32 AM
I'm just hoping that they will actually have Hulk talk, instead of just growl and roar. The big metal dragon thing in the commercials looks like a take on the midgard serpent or Fin Fang Foom.

doug maverick
04-26-2012, 07:10 AM
the skrull is the alien army they face.

sanjuro_ronin
04-26-2012, 07:15 AM
Iron Man's workout link must be secret, the link doesn't work. For me Iron Man and the incredibly hot Scarlett Johannsen are going to make this for me. Iron Man cause the Robert Downy Jr plays an incredible character and the visual effects are right on. Black Widow in tights...enough said.

My biggest disappointment is Thor and Captain America...just very cartoonie...not impressive in the least...maybe its just my expectations of the characters was so much more from my comic book days as a kid. Thor and Capn A were two of my favorite marvel characters. It's like they're the 'B' team to the rest of them.

What I don't get is you have Thor, who else do you need? LOL !
We are talking about the God of thunder, right? :D

Never been a CA fan myself, but liked the movie and how well it was done.

Lucas
04-26-2012, 08:58 AM
ya but thor is in time out for disobeying his father, so he doesnt necessarily have the support of asgard. at least he gets mjolnir and some nifty powers...and he can outdrink anyone. probably his coolest power.

sanjuro_ronin
04-26-2012, 09:00 AM
ya but thor is in time out for disobeying his father, so he doesnt necessarily have the support of asgard. at least he gets mjolnir and some nifty powers...and he can outdrink anyone. probably his coolest power.

Ah, so is that the Thor storyline in the avengers movie?

Lucas
04-26-2012, 09:09 AM
pretty much ya. its the marvel thor schtick. he disobeys his father to help the realm of men when odin has forsaken them. so odin gets all mad and is like 'ur cut off boy!'

then thor gets really drunk

Lucas
04-26-2012, 09:10 AM
thor has this rad ability to bust out asgardian mead

Lucas
04-26-2012, 09:33 AM
whats funny is that stan lee mixes hercules in with thor in the comics. hercules actually fights the hulk to a stand still.

sanjuro_ronin
04-26-2012, 09:42 AM
I think that Thor's hammer is really just a flask, a heavy one, but still just a flask !
LOL !

GeneChing
04-26-2012, 09:50 AM
http://younghipscene.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/scarlett-johansson-black-widow.jpg

Iron Man's workout link must be secret, the link doesn't work. Sorry, my bad. I fixed that.

...just very cartoonie... Wait, these are based on comics, right? :p Better than on board games, I suppose.

GeneChing
05-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Superhero stunts in ‘The Avengers’ demand deep comic knowledge, a blend of fighting styles (http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/superhero-stunts-in-the-avengers-demand-deep-comic-knowledge-a-blend-of-fighting-styles/2012/05/01/gIQAuBA6tT_story.html)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/2010-2019/Wires/Online/2012-05-01/AP/Images/Film-Avengers-Stunts.JPEG-0b7d2.jpg
Disney, Zade Rosenthal/Associated Press - In this film image released by Disney, Scarlett Johansson portraying Black Widow, left, and Jeremy Renner, portraying Hawkeye, are shown during the filming of Marvel’s “The Avengers.”
By Associated Press, Updated: Tuesday, May 1, 7:51 AM

LOS ANGELES — The werewolf and vampire battles of “Twilight,” Jason Bourne’s super-agent skirmishes and the sword swinging of “Conan the Barbarian” were all just warm-ups for stunt master Jonathan Eusebio, who choreographed the superhero fight scenes in “The Avengers” with the passion of a lifelong comic book fan.

“I grew up as a fanboy,” said Eusebio, 38. “I grew up reading comics, collecting comics, so for me it’s a dream job. And to be part of something new, something that’s never been done before like this, it is really exciting. It’s almost like the highlight of my career.”

Eusebio spent countless childhood hours absorbing tales of the Hulk’s immense size and strength, Black Widow’s quick and deadly moves, Hawkeye’s precision archery, Thor and Loki’s otherworldly powers, and Captain America’s unflinching readiness. Add in a big Marvel budget and the high stakes of saving humanity, and it’s a comic-fan turned fight-coordinator’s perfect gig.

Eusebio taught Jeremy Renner how to wield Hawkeye’s bow and showed Scarlett Johansson the Black Widow’s wicked martial arts. In short, he helped give the stars and their stunt doubles their superpowers.

The actors spent months preparing for the physical demands of their roles and learning the techniques that make them lethal on screen, if not on the street.

They began with basic training to learn the body mechanics of various martial arts, then Eusebio built fight sequences based on each character’s attributes and actor’s strengths. He had a distinct advantage here: As a fight coordinator, he’d worked with many of the actors before, and as a fanboy, he knew the characters well.

“It becomes a part of you as you’re growing up,” he said.

He choreographs the fighting moves into a camera-ready routine, which the stars and their stunt doubles each master. Johansson, Renner and Chris Evans, who plays Captain America, compared the training process to learning a dance.

“It’s choreographed steps that are all put together in order for you to pack a punch and in order to make it safe and not as painful as it could be,” Johansson said. “You learn to kind of seamlessly become one with your double and with Jeremy (Renner)’s double and be able to fight one another interchangeably.

Renner said he spent more time preparing than in front of the camera.

“I only shot about 18 days, and when I wasn’t shooting I was in that stunt gym,” he said. “It was mostly (learning) that hand-to-hand stuff that you can’t (simulate by computer), and you can’t fake it.”

Evans compared the stunt preparation to superhero summer camp.

“(Captain America) doesn’t really have any training in any one particular style of fighting, so it wasn’t like I had to learn some certain type of martial arts,” he said. “You just have to learn the choreography like you would a dance, you know, punch here, step here. It’s just a lot of stunt training. It’s kind of fun. It’s kind of like summer camp.”

Eusebio trained the actors in various fighting styles, including Wushu, Kung Fu and medieval techniques. Hawkeye’s bow became a double-edged staff, Loki used knives and a scepter, and Black Widow wielded her own wild weaponry.

“One of the biggest challenges was learning the Wushu style of fighting, which is really intense and complicated and painful,” Johansson said. “You do all your rehearsals with a broom handle, and suddenly you have a 30-lb. alien gun in your hand.”

The S.H.I.E.L.D. agents — Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury, Clark Gregg’s Phil Coulson and Cobie Smulders’ Maria Hill — also apply some serious firepower. Jackson said he didn’t need too much preparation.

Personal Post

“All I had to do was learn how to grab the rifles and hold onto them and let the stunt guys do all the stuff and make it look like I was doing it to them,” he said.

For Smulders, “The Avengers” is her first action film, so the star of TV’s “How I Met Your Mother” did some extra training on the side: She hired a guy who trains SWAT teams.

“I was also very scared of guns coming into this,” Smulders said. “So I had him bring a bunch of his guns — unloaded — to my house and had him just break it down. ... All these things that I just wanted to have in my body and wanted to be really comfortable with.”

Eusebio said he makes sure to remind the actors he works with that even though the stunt training instills confidence, the fighting skills they learn on set don’t really translate to the street.

“In screen fighting you want to look like you’re hurting them without hurting them. In self-defense on the street, you’re there to maim or hurt someone,” he said.

But screen or street, it’s still clear to the fight coordinator who would win if the Marvel superheroes were to really go at it.

“I’m going strictly by the comics,” Eusebio said. “Of course Hulk is the strongest, but overall Captain America is supposed to be the best fighter.”

But Chris Hemsworth, who plays Thor, isn’t convinced.

“I’ve got to say, I think Scarlett’s fight scenes are some of the most impressive,” he said. “All of us, we had wires and magical weapons and other advantages that she doesn’t, but she holds her own in the film. She’d probably beat the hell out of all of us.” We'll have something exclusive for KFM on opening day this Friday. :cool:

sanjuro_ronin
05-01-2012, 09:23 AM
It's already made over 200 million.

GeneChing
05-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Foreign release first. That's interesting.

Our local theater (http://www.fandango.com/cinemarkmarvelavengersmoviemarathon_154420/movieoverview) is doing a marathon this Thursday. All six movies for only $20 (and a day of your life).

sanjuro_ronin
05-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Foreign release first. That's interesting.

Our local theater (http://www.fandango.com/cinemarkmarvelavengersmoviemarathon_154420/movieoverview) is doing a marathon this Thursday. All six movies for only $20 (and a day of your life).

This may be a trend, doing the foreign releases first.
Most blockbusters make the bulk of their money outside of N.America I would think.

doug maverick
05-01-2012, 09:42 AM
thats pretty much the new game...because foreign markets are paying extra to get the films before north america. the avengers was well into the black before they even shot the movie which is why they let the budget go up so astronomically high..at a time when studios dont want films that exceed 100million.

mickey
05-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Greetings,

The foreign release of a movie IS the way to go now days. It avoids the machetes of the American cinema critics. Their shoddy reviews can ruin the international success of a movie. And a good international response will positively influence the domestic gross as well. Talk about word of mouth.

A movie marathon was done like that in the 1970's for all five of the Planet of the Apes movies.

mickey

GeneChing
05-01-2012, 04:10 PM
One of my high school buddies was heavy into Planet of the Apes and had made his own Cornelius costume. It was an all-nighter at this dive theater, that has long since been demolished. I remember they served bananas at the snack bar. It was great fun.

There was also a marathon leading up to the release of HP7 (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37539). When I went to the screener, there were some people in costume who had done the first six movies over the previous two days. And I remember Star Wars marathons.

I've always thought a Chinese Ghost Story (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61011) marathon would be fun.

GeneChing
05-02-2012, 03:54 PM
May 02, 2012
Scarlett Johansson gets Walk of Fame star (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2012/05/scarlett-johansson-gets-walk-of-fame-star/1#.T6G6ltWePq9)
By Ann Oldenburg, USA TODAY
Updated 2h 49m ago

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/lifeline-live/2012/05/02/scarjox-wide-community.jpg
By Matt Sayles, AP

Time to take a glamour break. Scarlett Johansson posed on her star today on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

While her Black Widow costume (which you'll see when Marvel's The Avengers opens Friday) provided some wardrobe malfunctions, today's outfit appeared to be problem-free.

ScarJo got star No. 2,470 in the motion picture category. She recently wrapped production on the independent film Under The Skin and next up will portray Janet Leigh in the film Alfred Hitch**** and the Making of Psycho, opposite Anthony Hopkins. Hold the phone. Wardrobe malfunctions for Black Widow? Now that might be worth sitting through six films for...;)

doug maverick
05-04-2012, 03:05 AM
the avengers is hands down the greatest super hero movie ever made...period....double period....triple period...ill be vague as to not spoil anything.

i went to one of theses all day events...they showed all the movies leading up to the avengers...and watching all of them you notice that marvel had this all planned out...they were meticulous with it. the goal 8 years in the making was to make the avengers movie...thats dedication...meanwhile warners cant put a jla movie together because they dont want to mix the batman and superman franchises...lame!!!!!! avengers just mixed 5 franchises together in one movie...and knocked it out the park big time!!! the action was there...the comedy...was especially there...but there were some great dramatic moments as well...in the village voice here(i hate when they review action films they seem inept at it. stick to the art house garbage) in nyc...they said there was no feeling of danger and to that i say bull****...SPOILER ALERT:

there was a scene with scarlett johansons black widow and the hulk that felt like a freaking horror movie...like seriously it was scary!!!

loved it..cant say enough about it...its a two and a half hour movie...and at the end i still wanted another 30 minutes.

sanjuro_ronin
05-04-2012, 05:29 AM
Thanks Doug.
I am really looking forward to this movie and, like you said, have nothing but praise from Marvels foresight and dedication and planning.
Well Done.

GeneChing
05-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Read Assembling the Avengers (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=1043) by Patrick Lugo.

sanjuro_ronin
05-04-2012, 11:57 AM
BBWWAHHH !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6h6LglQTGw

Zenshiite
05-04-2012, 01:45 PM
I'm stoked for this. Though I still feel that The Dark Knight Rises is going to absolutely annihilate it.

However, I'm also hoping the success of Avengers, critically and financially, will kick WB/DC into gear to finally realize the Justice League on film.

I know Nolan is their golden boy now, and they aren't going to put him in a position to force anything with the Batman franchise, but maybe they can nut up and plant the seeds in Man of Steel.

GeneChing
05-04-2012, 01:57 PM
may the fourth be with you

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3grgdeQAu1qz8vumo1_500.jpg

Lucas
05-04-2012, 02:18 PM
may the fourth be with you

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3grgdeQAu1qz8vumo1_500.jpg

lol thats a good one

Lucas
05-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Now that they have all these guys in independent films, I'd like to see this move:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_w0C005QS78A/R1I_1l4m8AI/AAAAAAAAA-o/Bj5irhbjuMQ/s1600-R/1991MU2.NewFantasticFour.bmp

doug maverick
05-04-2012, 05:26 PM
I'm stoked for this. Though I still feel that The Dark Knight Rises is going to absolutely annihilate it.

However, I'm also hoping the success of Avengers, critically and financially, will kick WB/DC into gear to finally realize the Justice League on film.

I know Nolan is their golden boy now, and they aren't going to put him in a position to force anything with the Batman franchise, but maybe they can nut up and plant the seeds in Man of Steel.

doubt it...honestly...and im saying this as a fan of dark knight....this movie gave you what you want in a super hero movie...nolan doesnt make the batman movies about batman batman is a cardboard cut out...we never see the detective work, none of the intelligent and ingenious that is batman...nolans batman is a blunt object...meanwhile the villians are the ones who are more intellectual and always a step ahead of him...its just eh....i want to see a batman more like the comic books.

as for justice league movie...never going to happen...at least not with batman and superman...warners doesnt want to mix the franchises...despite the fact that marvel has proved it profitable.

doug maverick
05-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Now that they have all these guys in independent films, I'd like to see this move:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_w0C005QS78A/R1I_1l4m8AI/AAAAAAAAA-o/Bj5irhbjuMQ/s1600-R/1991MU2.NewFantasticFour.bmp

youll never see that movie. because except for the hulk marvel doesnt have the rights to make any of those films.

Lucas
05-04-2012, 05:29 PM
word. detective comics anyone?

http://media.dcentertainment.com/sites/default/files/book-covers/6926_400x600.jpg

Lucas
05-04-2012, 05:31 PM
youll never see that movie. because except for the hulk marvel doesnt have the rights to make any of those films.

fukin booooo...

Zenshiite
05-06-2012, 04:34 PM
doubt it...honestly...and im saying this as a fan of dark knight....this movie gave you what you want in a super hero movie...nolan doesnt make the batman movies about batman batman is a cardboard cut out...we never see the detective work, none of the intelligent and ingenious that is batman...nolans batman is a blunt object...meanwhile the villians are the ones who are more intellectual and always a step ahead of him...its just eh....i want to see a batman more like the comic books.

as for justice league movie...never going to happen...at least not with batman and superman...warners doesnt want to mix the franchises...despite the fact that marvel has proved it profitable.

Doug, I have to say... you are right. The Avengers was the best **** superhero movie ever made.

As to the Justice League... is it that Warner's doesn't want to mix them, or that Christopher Nolan has the final say in Batman and Superman these days, and he's a colossal ass for thinking it wouldn't work? I think it's the latter. There was a JL movie in the works a few years back with Armie Hammer slated for Batman. I'm pretty sure they have execs there chomping at the bit to do JL and World's Finest.

I eagerly await the day when someone makes a Batman film that simultaneously embraces the comic book roots of the character(looks and all) and gives it the serious treatment that Nolan has done. I'd want a Batman that looked somewhat like this fan art manip:

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/8939/blackbelt.jpg

doug maverick
05-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Doug, I have to say... you are right. The Avengers was the best **** superhero movie ever made.

As to the Justice League... is it that Warner's doesn't want to mix them, or that Christopher Nolan has the final say in Batman and Superman these days, and he's a colossal ass for thinking it wouldn't work? I think it's the latter. There was a JL movie in the works a few years back with Armie Hammer slated for Batman. I'm pretty sure they have execs there chomping at the bit to do JL and World's Finest.

I eagerly await the day when someone makes a Batman film that simultaneously embraces the comic book roots of the character(looks and all) and gives it the serious treatment that Nolan has done. I'd want a Batman that looked somewhat like this fan art manip:

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/8939/blackbelt.jpg

chris nolan has no say over batman or superman... warner does...this is a problem that has been going on for years...well before nolan...you know how many jla scripts have been written...and the mandate from on high is this: "write jla, but leave out batman and superman." nolan did so well financially with batman that warners just added his name to superman to it to give it some credence.

Lucas
05-06-2012, 09:58 PM
"Puny god" lol best part of the movie.

sanjuro_ronin
05-07-2012, 07:08 AM
Gonna take the kids and wife to see it this Friday, taking half a day off from work :)

Lucas
05-07-2012, 09:31 AM
you'll enjoy it. splurge and go imax!!

sanjuro_ronin
05-07-2012, 09:35 AM
you'll enjoy it. splurge and go imax!!

For sure, my girls are 5 and 9, I assume it is good for those ages right?

Lucas
05-07-2012, 10:17 AM
For sure, my girls are 5 and 9, I assume it is good for those ages right?

Totally. Clean movie. Some pretty funny stuff. 'Hulk....smash'

Hebrew Hammer
05-07-2012, 11:52 AM
The Movie was AWESOME!!!! I might go see it again...lots of humor, great action and they should bronze Black Widow's Ass!!! Scarlet was was badass...Hawkeye was super impressive too.

I must say Thor's costume was horrible, you'd think the God of Thunder would have more fashion sense.

On the opposite end of the spectrum I also saw Choy Lee Fut aka Fight the Fight and it was HORRIBLE.

Hebrew Hammer
05-07-2012, 11:59 AM
bbwwahhh !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6h6lglqtgw

lololol!!!

Lucas
05-07-2012, 12:18 PM
ya i agree about thors costume, i liked the magical scale plates, but the 'breastplate' was kinda out there. I always wished thor had a more...Aesir look. something more traditional....although i must say im glad that he wasnt wearing that stupid helmet...

Zenshiite
05-07-2012, 08:33 PM
chris nolan has no say over batman or superman... warner does...this is a problem that has been going on for years...well before nolan...you know how many jla scripts have been written...and the mandate from on high is this: "write jla, but leave out batman and superman." nolan did so well financially with batman that warners just added his name to superman to it to give it some credence.

I don't know. From what I've read it seems Nolan has a ton of clout right now vis-a-vis Batman and Superman.

And Justice League was almost realized before the writers' strike... and then it went into development hell. George Miller was directing.

doug maverick
05-07-2012, 10:30 PM
I don't know. From what I've read it seems Nolan has a ton of clout right now vis-a-vis Batman and Superman.

And Justice League was almost realized before the writers' strike... and then it went into development hell. George Miller was directing.

whatever you are reading...stop reading it...its just fanboy bull..lol...as for jla...yes that was the jla movie that would have been without batman and super man...that film would have flopped royally...it would have done worse numbers then green lantern. warners just doesnt know how to make super hero movies...they cant grasp it. in the 90s all they wanted to do was make toys and make it for kids...so batman got more and more kiddish and silly...now those same kids they made em for in the 90s are all grown up...and they dont want to see that nonsense...not to mention...dc characters are too much like gods...they are great as comic book figures but totally unrelatable...with the exception of batman...but even batman is unrelatable because....he has rich people problems...spider man, has regular people problems... '

i was talking about daredevil the other day.... like batman he lost his father, he thought his mother was dead his whole life turns out she just left his ass to become a nun...his girlfriend was a world class assassin who died came back and then tried to kill him a few times....and marvel said...man thats not enough for this guy..sounds too unrealistic..yea...so what are we going to do? oh lets give one of his girlfriends AIDS. yea...dc would never touch a subject like that.

MightyB
05-08-2012, 08:42 AM
"Puny god"

The Hulk was my fav. Finally a decent movie treatment for the big green monster. I thought he was the right mix of terrifying, and... well - terrifying... even though it clashed with his later characterization in the film.

MightyB
05-08-2012, 08:45 AM
I also would've loved to see just one wide shot with Spidey in the background doing his own thing and saving the day. I mean it was NYC in the Marvel Universe and Spidey is an on again off again Avenger. Heck - could've just CG'd him in there and I would've been oh so happy!

Hail Thanos!

doug maverick
05-08-2012, 10:25 AM
I also would've loved to see just one wide shot with Spidey in the background doing his own thing and saving the day. I mean it was NYC in the Marvel Universe and Spidey is an on again off again Avenger. Heck - could've just CG'd him in there and I would've been oh so happy!

Hail Thanos!

the film rights for spider man isnt owned by marvel/disney. but by sony.

sanjuro_ronin
05-08-2012, 10:33 AM
whatever you are reading...stop reading it...its just fanboy bull..lol...as for jla...yes that was the jla movie that would have been without batman and super man...that film would have flopped royally...it would have done worse numbers then green lantern. warners just doesnt know how to make super hero movies...they cant grasp it. in the 90s all they wanted to do was make toys and make it for kids...so batman got more and more kiddish and silly...now those same kids they made em for in the 90s are all grown up...and they dont want to see that nonsense...not to mention...dc characters are too much like gods...they are great as comic book figures but totally unrelatable...with the exception of batman...but even batman is unrelatable because....he has rich people problems...spider man, has regular people problems... '

i was talking about daredevil the other day.... like batman he lost his father, he thought his mother was dead his whole life turns out she just left his ass to become a nun...his girlfriend was a world class assassin who died came back and then tried to kill him a few times....and marvel said...man thats not enough for this guy..sounds too unrealistic..yea...so what are we going to do? oh lets give one of his girlfriends AIDS. yea...dc would never touch a subject like that.

Whenever I hear Daredevil I cringe.
Ben ASSfleck and what'shisface ruined a childhood comic for me and that Gods shall punish them !

ShaolinDan
05-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Just saw it. That was a lot of fun. Some very funny moments.

GeneChing
05-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Anyone know which of the preceding films played in PRC?

Fox grabs Avengers for Asia (http://www.filmbiz.asia/news/fox-grabs-avengers-for-asia)
By Patrick Frater
Wed, 09 May 2012, 19:58 PM (HKT)
Ancillary News

FOX International Channels has acquired pay-TV rights in several Asian territories for Disney's mega-hit The Avengers.

The channels group said that it bought rights for Hong Kong, Taiwan and Southeast Asia and that the film will play initially on its Fox Movies premium channel, before being available on FOX Movies Play, its on-demand pay-TV player allowing subscribers to access content on broadband-connected devices such as laptops and tablets.

The Avengers' launch weekend was the highest opening weekend of all time in most Asian territories including Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, The Philippines. Sat, 28 April was also the highest grossing single day in history for any film in The Philippines.

Sardinkahnikov
05-09-2012, 10:35 AM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/brother-behold-dat-ass.jpg

:rolleyes:

It's one of those movies that is just pure fun. Thor's "he's adopted" line cracked me up.

SC36DC
05-09-2012, 10:33 PM
I also really enjoyed this one. Probably my favorite Superhero film so far. Could be sometime before we see a sequel, but hopefully it will be worth the wait.

doug maverick
05-24-2012, 05:48 PM
this is one of the funniest cartoon voice overs, funnier even then the juggernaut one from years ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpCQl3q8U4k&list=PL697C70942671E6A9&index=2&feature=plpp_video

Hebrew Hammer
05-24-2012, 06:20 PM
I used to love those discussions when we were kids over who was the strongest super hero, Hulk, Thing, Thor, Collossus, or Juggernaught.

doug maverick
05-25-2012, 09:52 AM
hulk is strongest!!!!!

Hebrew Hammer
05-25-2012, 10:22 AM
That pretty much settled the argument then too...

GeneChing
03-09-2015, 04:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAUoeqvedMo
Seen at 0.52 sec. Downey (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?41233-Celebrities-studying-martial-arts&p=1265442&highlight=downey#post1265442) is da man!

Every true KFM forum member should own a DJ Bruce T. I'll post mine again, just to prove it. :cool:
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/images/ezine/ZiggyMarley_GeneChing.jpg

GeneChing
05-05-2015, 11:53 AM
I could have sworn I posted on Downey's shirt here when someone posted the trailer...:confused:

Sales for this Bruce Lee DJing shirt in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' are through the roof (http://www.businessinsider.com/avengers-age-of-ultron-bruce-lee-djing-shirt-sales-2015-5)
Jason Guerrasio
May 4, 2015, 5:19 PM

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/5543ef756bb3f75a0d01cee7-1200-546/robert-downey-jr-bruce-lee.png
Robert Downey Jr. in the Bruce Lee DJing shirt in "Avengers: Age of Ultron."

It looks like Marvel isn’t the only company that had a good weekend.

Following the $191.3 million weekend for “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” making it the second largest domestic opening weekend of all-time, the company behind a T-shirt featured in the film also had a big weekend.

Peter Lee’s Los Angeles-based company, Bow and Arrow, Inc., is responsible for the Bruce Lee DJing T-shirt Robert Downey Jr. wears in the movie.

It turns out Downey Jr. is a huge fan of the shirt, having worn it to numerous events in the past, and asked specifically for it to be in the film.

https://igcdn-photos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t51.2885-15/10948814_1559640707607748_191122690_n.jpg

Needless to say, featured in a movie that has been seen across the globe helps in sales. But how much?

Lee tells Business Insider that over the weekend the Bow and Arrow website had around a 1,000 orders for its various shirts featuring Bruce Lee, totaling about $60,000 in sales.

That’s an increase of about 10,000% percent, according to Lee.

“Our normal weekend, we do about $600 in web sales,” Lee told BI via email.

Lee said along with the bump in online sales, he’s also fielding calls from the boutiques in L.A. that carry the shirt that need to restock.

The shirt featured in “Ultron,” called “Gung Fu Scratch,” is part of a licensing agreement Bow and Arrow has with Bruce Lee’s estate to sell high-end shirts that feature the martial arts legend.

According to Lee (no relation), the company has had the licensing agreement with Bruce Lee Enterprises since 2011.

The image on the shirt, in fact, is a heavily photoshopped photo of Lee.

According to Lee, Gung Fu Scratch was the first design he and his graphic designer made under the Bruce Lee licensing agreement.

“I really wanted to see Bruce Lee relevant in today’s age,” said Lee in regards to the inspiration behind the shirt.

Here's what's photoshopped in the image.

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/5547c3356da81105356ee127-650-651/bruce_lee_dj_highlight_final.jpg

In the last few years, Downey Jr. hasn’t been the only one seen out wearing the shirt. Here are some other notables.

Nick Cannon:

BOW & ARROW @bowandarrow78
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6Zy_mnCQAACTjJ.png
#nickcannon sporting #dj #brucelee shirt at #assasinscreed release #party.
Check out http://www.bowandarrow78.com
2:06 PM - 29 Oct 2012

Snoop Dogg, RDJ, and Will Smith:

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xap1/t51.2885-15/11123955_1645489799003257_522909992_n.jpg

NBA star Jeremy Lin:

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpf1/t51.2885-15/924151_823947430985427_795360768_n.jpg

“For a while the inside joke in the company was that we had more celebrity customers than actual costumers,” said Lee.

Looks like that's about to change.