PDA

View Full Version : Real fight caught on camera

iwingchun
10-11-2011, 12:23 PM
MATA Security Officer vs Thug
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmCwDDnByzE

Today, I saw this video on youtube and just wanted to share it. I think that security man is "unfortunate" and if a punch of him found its target the man with the white shirt will be knocked out.

It is a real fight that caught on camera. I would like to know if he studied wing chun just 5 chain punches was enough. :)

sanjuro_ronin
10-11-2011, 12:37 PM
See, even with training (and the security guard certainly had that) hitting a moving target with enough force to put him down is NOT easy.

Hardwork108
10-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Did you guys notice that the security guard did hardly ever go back, even during the more intense exchanges. That is what I meant in the past when I said that in kung fu, people should train with a mindset (and accompanying techniques/strategies) of NOT going back - unless that is such an approach will go against a given principle of a particular style.

Just in case, I am not saying that this guy did kung fu, but it demonstrates the wisdom of not going back, if you have the required skills.

HungKuenH
10-13-2011, 12:35 AM
the security guard trains at a mma gym or thaibox gym.that was reported in another video i saw of this incident

Hardwork108
10-13-2011, 02:44 AM
the security guard trains at a mma gym or thaibox gym.that was reported in another video i saw of this incident

Yes, that was the first time I saw this fight. :)

18elders
10-18-2011, 12:03 PM
"people should train with a mindset (and accompanying techniques/strategies) of NOT going back "

that's stupid thinking, how about footwork???how about let's not get hit?? oh, i am not allowed to move back.

Hardwork108
10-22-2011, 05:21 PM
that's stupid thinking, how about footwork???how about let's not get hit?? oh, i am not allowed to move back.
The mindset, hence the training is about, "how about let's not get hit" while NOT going back!

That is why some of the TCMAs are advanced fighting systems. ;)

Dragonzbane76
10-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Love how u try to fish with every comment u state.

Hardwork108
10-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Love how u try to fish with every comment u state.

What a crime, saying that the TCMAs are advanced fighting systems, and in a Kung fu forum, at that!:eek::rolleyes:

Scott R. Brown
10-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Musashi advocated attacking with overwhelming force and never letting up!

His contemporary and martial equal, Yagyu, advocated, creating an opening to invite an enemy's attack. When the enemy attacks he creates his own vulnerabilities that may then be attacked as a counter.

Hardwork108
10-26-2011, 07:00 AM
That is one way of doing it.

His contemporary and martial equal, Yagyu, advocated, creating an opening to invite an enemy's attack. When the enemy attacks he creates his own vulnerabilities that may then be attacked as a counter.
We also train with that mindset. However, you can do that and still not go back. In a Wing Chun strategy, you wait for the attack and then angle forward and attack the vulnerablities of the attack.

In Chow Gar sense you block forward and blast through. The distinct body unity and "shield" of this style facilitate this approach.

Of course, I am not negating the approach of going back and drawing the opponent in, but that is not kung fu as I have been taught and seen, while at the same time I am not discounting the possibility of such approaches existing in some TCMAs.

sanjuro_ronin
10-26-2011, 07:18 AM

True, but Yagyu was NOT a passive fighter nor is the Yagyu-shinkage ryu.
He, like those after him, would taunt and insult and belittle his opponent into attacking and exposing a weakness.
In a documented "match", Jubie ( I believe it was jubei) wanted to show the advantages of his "positive swordsmanship" over the "vacant style" that was starting to take hold during the Tokugawa shogunate.
He challendged 3 swordsmen to a duel and after insulting them, their wives, mothers, pet dogs and even thier choice in socks, he proceeded to kill one and sever the arms of the other two.

Scott R. Brown
10-26-2011, 09:19 AM
He, like those after him, would taunt and insult and belittle his opponent into attacking and exposing a weakness.
In a documented "match", Jubie ( I believe it was jubei) wanted to show the advantages of his "positive swordsmanship" over the "vacant style" that was starting to take hold during the Tokugawa shogunate.
He challendged 3 swordsmen to a duel and after insulting them, their wives, mothers, pet dogs and even thier choice in socks, he proceeded to kill one and sever the arms of the other two.

LOL! I in no way meant to imply the Yagyu were passive. You can't be considered passive when your major skill in life is slicing people to death with your sword!

I believe Jubei was the son, of Musashi's contemporary, Munenori, who was the Shogun's Sword teacher.

Muneyoshi, Munenori's father founded their style. So a minimum of three generations of great swordsmen! That says a great deal about the value of one's style, skill and fighting theories!

Waiting for an attack should merely be considered one tool in one's repertoire.

sanjuro_ronin
10-26-2011, 09:52 AM
LOL! I in no way meant to imply the Yagyu were passive. You can't be considered passive when your major skill in life is slicing people to death with your sword!

I believe Jubei was the son, of Musashi's contemporary, Munenori, who was the Shogun's Sword teacher.

Muneyoshi, Munenori's father founded their style. So a minimum of three generations of great swordsmen! That says a great deal about the value of one's style, skill and fighting theories!

Waiting for an attack should merely be considered one tool in one's repertoire.

I didn't think that YOU meant he was, I just wanted to point out what yagyu meant when he advocated "create an opening".

Scott R. Brown
10-26-2011, 10:07 AM
I didn't think that YOU meant he was, I just wanted to point out what yagyu meant when he advocated "create an opening".

And an important point too. There can just as easily be a pyschological opening as a physical one. Even a mental/concentration opening, called zuki, if I remember correctly. I usually promptly disremember foreign words

sanjuro_ronin
10-26-2011, 10:10 AM
And an important point too. There can just as easily be a pyschological opening as a physical one. Even a mental/concentration opening, called zuki, if I remember correctly. I usually promptly disremember foreign words

Tzuki, meaning a mental gap/opening in an opponents defense.
Yes I think that is the term.

Sardinkahnikov
10-26-2011, 03:02 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSo0duY7-9s

Cool, where can I read about such stories? I've been trying to build a little MA library...

mooyingmantis
10-26-2011, 03:37 PM

Taunt to cause the opponent to attack, then attack the wrists or arms. The beauty of Yagyu Shinkage-ryu. Many of their kata demonstrate this principle.

Scott R. Brown
10-26-2011, 04:04 PM
Taunt to cause the opponent to attack, then attack the wrists or arms. The beauty of Yagyu Shinkage-ryu. Many of their kata demonstrate this principle.

Or....when attacked, or just prior, move out of the way!:eek: