PDA

View Full Version : White Crane Master Kwong Bong Fu

KJW
10-14-2011, 12:16 PM
Hi

I'm new to this forum. I have been a student of Hok Koon (Crane Fist) Kung Fu for about 10 years. I am trying to find out a little about the lineage of our club. My Grandmaster is also a master of Pak Hok, he has since developed his own style Hok Koon which is still based on the movements of the Crane but is more short range than Pak Hok.

His Grandmaster was a man called Kwong Bong Fu. He had a school in China Town London & our Grandmaster was a student of his for 20 years before returning to the Midlands to open his own school.

I just wondered if any one new anything about Kwong Bong Fu or could recomend any books or where to go to progress my research into him?

Thanking you in advance
Kind Regards
Kevin

KJW
10-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Apparently it was Kwong Bon Fu & not Kwong Bong Fu as I originally posted. A Chinese friend recently told me how he struggles to send money home to his parents sometimes because of the difficulty of translating from Chinese to English.
:confused:
Kevin

Indrafist
10-14-2011, 03:25 PM
Hi Kevin,

Kwong Bon Foo was very well known and is highly respected in the Tibetan MA circle.
I think John Howland: jdhowland, here on this forum, may be able to help you with his background. Otherwise, just google his name + Tibetan White Crane.

Regards,

Indra.

jdhowland
10-15-2011, 04:11 PM
You may try to contact Vincent Chow in British Columbia for info on Kwong Bun Fu. He still has a White Crane website and active students.