PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Sparring

Yoshiyahu
10-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Does any one utilize sticky hand concept in fighting...

What i mean is you use forward pressure and your horse to keep in contact someway with your opponent. Jamming his space so he cant retreat an dissolve the bridge?

Does anyone practice to sticking to their opponents center. Not really following the hands. But following the center.

k gledhill
10-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Have a look at Clip 1 , it shows some ideas at work in a mutual exchange. What you see is mobility , angling , no attempts to trap and slap or stick to arms.

Clip 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwKv5mwPCaI&feature=player_embedded)

Yoshiyahu
10-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Have a look at Clip 1 , it shows some ideas at work in a mutual exchange. What you see is mobility , angling , no attempts to trap and slap or stick to arms.

thanks for the clip!

Vajramusti
10-15-2011, 07:36 PM
Does any one utilize sticky hand concept in fighting...

What i mean is you use forward pressure and your horse to keep in contact someway with your opponent. Jamming his space so he cant retreat an dissolve the bridge?

Does anyone practice to sticking to their opponents center. Not really following the hands. But following the center.

-----------------------------------------------------There are many concepts in chi sao -not one.
Chi sao is for skill development- it's not fighting.

k gledhill
10-15-2011, 09:22 PM
thanks for the clip!

check out the facebook link below and read along with the clips associated , you can see a pattern of thought and execution.

Yoshiyahu
10-16-2011, 11:19 AM
-----------------------------------------------------There are many concepts in chi sao -not one.
Chi sao is for skill development- it's not fighting.

You are correct chi sao is not for fighting. But should be used to train techniques that you can adapt to fighting...What i am speaking of is adapting your WC to fighting! Do you understand me?

I am not saying do chi sau with your arms open in a fight. Thats just sucide.

Look and what I actual wrote...WC is about principles and concepts and theory. How you innovate, adapt and apply those three things is up to you!

russellsherry
10-16-2011, 09:35 PM
hi kev great clip mate i saw a lot of good forward pressure movement, and then correct postion which is important regards russellsherry

Hardwork108
10-17-2011, 04:25 AM

The roots/rooting approach is different from what I train.

Besides that, it would be good for BOTH practitioners to apply forward pressure and use a mindset of NOT going back by using, among other things, angling. Then you will see new Wing Chun "doors" and possibilities in your practice. ;)

k gledhill
10-17-2011, 04:59 AM
The roots/rooting approach is different from what I train.

Besides that, it would be good for BOTH practitioners to apply forward pressure and use a mindset of NOT going back by using, among other things, angling. Then you will see new Wing Chun "doors" and possibilities in your practice. ;)

Going back angling is also in knife ideas, do you not go back doing knives ?

Yoshiyahu
10-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Going back angling is also in knife ideas, do you not go back doing knives ?

Good Point?

You do realize there are WC people out there who believe you should never go back step!

I met one who had no back step at all in their curriculm!

couch
10-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Good Point?

You do realize there are WC people out there who believe you should never go back step!

I met one who had no back step at all in their curriculm!

This is because someone misinterpreted the saying, "Wing Chun never steps back."

It's "Wing Chun never steps STRAIGHT back." I've been taught the same thing in boxing.

Yoshiyahu
10-18-2011, 05:01 PM
This is because someone misinterpreted the saying, "Wing Chun never steps back."

It's "Wing Chun never steps STRAIGHT back." I've been taught the same thing in boxing.

Thanks for the insight!