PDA

View Full Version : Did Jackie Chan reach level of Sensei?

Super_Kick
10-18-2011, 08:34 AM
Hi guys,

I was reading the Bruce Lee thread and I was wondering if Chan ever reached the level of Sensei? I've seen "Wheels on Meals" starring Chan and his gang, and he looks like a Sensei and employs extraordinary martial trickery.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks guys

hskwarrior
10-18-2011, 08:39 AM
No, i can say pretty much with authority that jackie chan will NEVER be a Sensei unless he began taking karate. Now, he could be a sifu, but im not sure about that.

Dragonzbane76
10-18-2011, 08:41 AM
Haha beat me to it.

Super_Kick
10-18-2011, 08:43 AM
Oh right, is that because sifu is for the little chinese?

hskwarrior
10-18-2011, 08:44 AM

You must be a japanese stylist. why have you come to a kung fu forum?

Super_Kick
10-18-2011, 08:47 AM
I am teaching myself Mok Gar (Chinese) from a book and Ninjitsu (Japanese) from various DojoPress manuals I downloaded for money. So I guess I am both JMA and CMA innit.

Back to the topic at hand, do you think Jackie Chan is a sifu?

Dragonzbane76
10-18-2011, 08:50 AM
Your trolling efforts are weak.

Super_Kick
10-18-2011, 08:55 AM
It's not the trolling. If people are interested in Lee then Chan is also what they are them that are interested in.

hskwarrior
10-18-2011, 08:58 AM
Your trolling efforts are weak.

The trolls think they're so clever hahahahahahahahaha

It's not the trolling. If people are interested in Lee then Chan is also what they are them that are interested in.

WHAT?????????

Super_Kick
10-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Guys please. I am really interested in any way about the sifuhood of Chan. Does anyone know if he's a real life sifu or whether he just puts it on for his films like "Police Story 2"?

hskwarrior
10-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Guys please. I am really interested in any way about the sifuhood of Chan. Does anyone know if he's a real life sifu or whether he just puts it on for his films like "Police Story 2"?

Im sure you know how to use google, yahoo, or firefox.......USE EM.

BakShaolinEC
10-18-2011, 09:02 AM
any body can call themselves Sifu. whether they are good or not remains to be seen.

Super_Kick
10-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Ok, could Chan win a fight against a sifu?

GeneChing
10-18-2011, 09:16 AM
You'll find the definition here: J-Pop Talk Show (http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/J-Pop-Talk-Show/1362560)

Super_Kick....:rolleyes:

Ray Pina
10-18-2011, 09:18 AM
The real question is would Jackie Chan beat Bruce Lee or would Jet Li beat them all?

This forum has now evolved into fantasy-baseball. Nobody is doing any fighting of note, so we calculate form, movies, old tails and then decide the winner based on their popularity.

hskwarrior, you talk so much smack. What have you done to designate yourself "warrior." Conquered the local donut shop? Who not transform yourself into jogging-my-fat-arse warrior?

Are your students aware of the nonsense you post?

How do you get them to pay and follow you?...That is a post I'd like to read carefully.

hskwarrior
10-18-2011, 09:22 AM
The real question is would Jackie Chan beat Bruce Lee or would Jet Li beat them all?

That's a silly juvenile question LMAO

This forum has now evolved into fantasy-baseball. Nobody is doing any fighting of note, so we calculate form, movies, old tails and then decide the winner based on their popularity.

Neither are you! and you are such a huge part of this place ROTFLMAO

hskwarrior, you talk so much smack. What have you done to designate yourself "warrior." Conquered the local donut shop? Who not transform yourself into jogging-my-fat-arse warrior?

Don't worry bout me, i'm none of your business. YOu are the source of true crap talk LMAO HATER

How do you get them to pay and follow you?...That is a post I'd like to read carefully.

I took lessons from YOU. LOL

Hardwork108
10-18-2011, 09:25 AM
You must be a japanese stylist. why have you come to a kung fu forum?

I suppose he is here for the same reason as the MMA-ists, who also DON'T practice kung fu. :D

xcakid
10-18-2011, 09:32 AM
Sensie, Sifu
God, Allah
To may to, To Mah to.

All same, same.

Lucas
10-18-2011, 09:37 AM
if you arent a troll, read jackies auto biography titled: "i am jackie chan: my life in action" then you will know everything you want about chan.

Lucas
10-18-2011, 09:38 AM

lol jackie chan is an old broken man. jet li has never been in a fight and bruce lee is dead. i would beat them all at once. ;) :D

Ray Pina
10-18-2011, 09:57 AM
if you arent a troll, read jackies auto biography titled: "i am jackie chan: my life in action" then you will know everything you want about chan.

Thank you. I didn't know about that book. I'll check it out.

ginosifu
10-18-2011, 10:00 AM

Are your students aware of the nonsense you post?

Ray,

Lets not judge anyone with out all the facts. No one can really say anything bad or good about each other cuz most of us here have not actually seen each other fight.

I can say that I am a fighter. I was known to hurt people back in my hay day. I have picked guys up over my head and broken some peoples bones. But now, none of you guys (except SifuYui, he posts here once in a while) have ever seen me fight, so you guys probably don't believe me.

Who's to say if I am lying or not? You will never know truly so it's best not to judge anyone unless you were there and seen them.

ginosifu

hskwarrior
10-18-2011, 10:02 AM
Lucas......

have you read that book? my sifu's school would work with Jackic chan during an annual event. because of my sifu's participation which including being security for jackie, he made a personal video about his life. In it, he admits that Chan isn't his true last name. His father was on the run from the cops and changed his last name to jackie's mothers maiden name.

Also, Jackie's parents were in other marriages so had found out that he had other half brothers and sisters out there. awesome documentary.

wenshu
10-18-2011, 10:11 AM
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/140934.gif

Lucas
10-18-2011, 10:17 AM
Thank you. I didn't know about that book. I'll check it out.

ya dude, you'll like it, its a pretty good read.

Lucas
10-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Lucas......

have you read that book? my sifu's school would work with Jackic chan during an annual event. because of my sifu's participation which including being security for jackie, he made a personal video about his life. In it, he admits that Chan isn't his true last name. His father was on the run from the cops and changed his last name to jackie's mothers maiden name.

Also, Jackie's parents were in other marriages so had found out that he had other half brothers and sisters out there. awesome documentary.

ya dude, its been a few years since i read it but i thought it was an awesome account of his life. i love the way the book started with that skyscraper stunt and him dedicating it to his dead master. talk about tear jerking lol

and ya, the mystery of who jackie really is and what his father really was is pretty neato!

Iron_Eagle_76
10-18-2011, 10:24 AM
http://ericjmoss.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/ChuckNorrisFaceKick.png

Dragonzbane76
10-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Wow HW

Way to throw your personal agenda with the mma world out there.
This right here is your problem u cant let things go.

bawang
10-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Sensie, Sifu
God, Allah
To may to, To Mah to.

All same, same.

yeah. chinese and japanese are all the same.

Lucas
10-18-2011, 10:36 AM
yeah. Chinese and japanese are all the same.

rofl!!!!!!

KJW
10-18-2011, 10:48 AM

Ok so I posted the Bruce Lee thread, perhaps I was misguided, I didn't realise it would result in this type of nonsense..

Did you really mean to say "for the little chinese" ? :eek: Seriously! I nearly choked on my Spaghetti Carbonara!

Dude you can't learn Martial Arts from a book, you'll be telling us you practice in the library next...

K

Lucas
10-18-2011, 10:48 AM
Ok so I posted the Bruce Lee thread, perhaps I was misguided, I didn't realise it would result in this type of nonsense..

K

ah my friend, you will learn all about our shinannigans here. :D

dont be put off though

Brule
10-18-2011, 11:09 AM
lol jackie chan is an old broken man. jet li has never been in a fight and bruce lee is dead. i would beat them all at once. ;) :D

please keep your ****erotic fantasies to yourself. I'm looking for key answers to my kung fu questions here mmmkay!!

Lucas
10-18-2011, 11:11 AM
please keep your ****erotic fantasies to yourself. I'm looking for key answers to my kung fu questions here mmmkay!!

**** u win i cant think of a good comeback... :mad:

Brule
10-18-2011, 11:20 AM
**** u win i cant think of a good comeback... :mad:

ftw!!!!!!!!!!

pateticorecords
10-18-2011, 11:23 AM
"Learn karate from book?" says a bemused Mr. Miyagi

Yoshiyahu
10-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Learn Boxing and Bjj From a book...then go compete tell me how well you do?