PDA

View Full Version : Martial Trickery

Super_Kick
10-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Hi guys,

Do the internal arts place as much an emphasis on martial trickery as some of the weijia do?

Any little information would be appreciated.

bawang
10-18-2011, 11:08 AM
there is a lot of tricking, mostly white people.

Lucas
10-18-2011, 11:09 AM

ya man. pretty easy method

Yoshiyahu
10-18-2011, 05:48 PM

I agree!

So true..you can say that again!

extrajoseph
10-19-2011, 06:31 AM
Here is a yellow one doing the tricking, in theory he sends the Qi to the throat to break the chopsticks, but look at 0:21, he subtly bend the chopsticks with the front two hands by pressing them downward, before breaking them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef-4iS8tbOA

A similar "trick" is used in the Internal arts, bend the vertical alignment of your opponent, so he loses his gravitational strength, thus upsetting his balance before sending him flying.

Scott R. Brown
10-19-2011, 08:35 AM

So, how much are you making per trick?:eek:

katana_jitsu
05-19-2012, 06:08 AM
This is an excellent question. I was trained in martial trickery by my senpai, Nicky Flude, who emphasized it above everything else. I suppose traditional Ninjutsu made most obvious use of these skills.

Dale Dugas
05-19-2012, 02:52 PM
more asshattery from fools.

Robinhood
05-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Well, I guess if you don't have any real skill , you have no other choice.

But what constitutes a trick?

Cheers

Happy Tiger
05-20-2012, 07:37 AM
Well, I guess if you don't have any real skill , you have no other choice.

But what constitutes a trick?

Cheers
Putting your dukes up to fight....then shooting them

Robinhood
05-20-2012, 09:04 AM
I would say, what is not a trick, would be skill , if I told you what I was going to do and you still could not counter or stop it, that is one aspect of skill, if I even did it slowly, that's is even higher aspect of skill.

Cheers

SPJ
05-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Hi guys,

Do the internal arts place as much an emphasis on martial trickery as some of the weijia do?

Any little information would be appreciated.

wai jia stresses speed and power

so strike first or arrive first.

nei jia stresses passive offensive

so strike later but still arrive first.

paths vary but destination the same.

shu tu tong gui.

:cool:

Happy Tiger
05-20-2012, 11:12 AM
In all seriousness, feinting, drawing, leading are all 'trickery'. A women useing her feminine wiles would be a stratagy based on trickery. feining weakness or injury. Distraction/ attack on the blind spot. Hidden weopons.

Lee Chiang Po
05-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Martial trickery is equal to physical skill and ability. True martial trickery requires great imagination as well as great skill to pull off. I consider it to be a very necessary skill in any form of combat. Parlor tricks aside, because they are parlor tricks and worthless for the most part, trickery will give you momentary superiority in an advantage over your opponent.