PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Training Rituals

Kairo
03-31-2001, 04:01 PM
Just wondering, what do you guys do before you go training? Ive had a lot of advice but a lot of it conflicts.
For instance; drinking as much water as possible before u train? Not eating 2 hours before training?
Anyone do these things, adaptions of these or completely different things?
Would like to hear from ya,
K.

sifu Bfoster
03-31-2001, 10:27 PM
kairo,
you should not drink as much water as you can.you should drink water until you have to pee,then sip water to stay hydrated.eating before training is a personal thing,in that everybody digests food diferently.I find if I do need to eat shortly before I work-out it is best that I eat simple foods(like a glass of juice or an orange,etc..)
as you go through your work-outs and observe your
performance, you can fell what works best for you.

Fu-Pow
03-31-2001, 11:40 PM
As a general rule I try not to eat meals bigger than the size of my fist. That's about the size of your stomach believe it or not. If you eat more than that you become sluggish....
Oh yeah what was this post about again.

Fu-Pow

Fu-Pow
"If you are talking about sport that is one thing. But when you are talking about combat-as it is-well then, baby, you'd better train every part of your body" - Bruce Lee

Fu-Pow
03-31-2001, 11:42 PM
I think drinking too much water can give you a side ache. Also, I really like to do Tai Chi/Chi Gung before I train my Gung Fu. It gets my breathing on track and my Chi going.

Fu-Pow

Fu-Pow
"If you are talking about sport that is one thing. But when you are talking about combat-as it is-well then, baby, you'd better train every part of your body" - Bruce Lee

joedoe
04-01-2001, 01:40 AM
I've found that keeping yourself hydrated is a must. Also, a light meal (some toast or something) before you train can also help, but don't eat too much.

I also like to do some breathing exercises before I start.

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

fiercest tiger
04-02-2001, 05:21 AM
i have a flogg before and after training im lighter on my feet!

matter of fact, im flogging now :p

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

joedoe
04-02-2001, 06:53 AM
You'll go blind doing that FT.

Or is that training for your hairy palm technique?

:D

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

fiercest tiger
04-02-2001, 07:41 AM
i cant see a **** thing!!!

i havent had a woman in years my palms are to hairy to hide..... :D

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-02-2001, 09:24 PM
i often drink a bear and smoke a cigerette before training. though i am begining my routine while i am smoking.

a couple hours afterwards .. . when the munchkin goes to bed . . i end up smoking pot.

my body has the perfect ballance of mothering and abuse.

where's my beer?

Budokan
04-02-2001, 09:57 PM
Wow, GunnedDown, you appear to be the all-around martial artist. :D

Seriously, I drink LOTS of water, do some stretching. I don't eat anything heavy 3-4 hours before class begins except maybe two slices of whole wheat (or any whole grain) bread. Most important, you must stay hydrated. And that means water only, not Coke.

K. Mark Hoover