PDA

View Full Version : Gracie Combatives

TenTigers
10-19-2011, 12:55 PM
anyone know anything about this? Is earning your belt in this the same as earning your belt in Gracie BJJ? They seem to be pretty extensive in their curriculum, as well as their testing seems pretty strict. On their website, they show sample tests, some that passed well, one that passed with a perfect score as well as one who failed.
What are your views?

sanjuro_ronin
10-19-2011, 12:59 PM
anyone know anything about this? Is earning your belt in this the same as earning your belt in Gracie BJJ? They seem to be pretty extensive in their curriculum, as well as their testing seems pretty strict. On their website, they show sample tests, some that passed well, one that passed with a perfect score as well as one who failed.
What are your views?

From what I recall, it is NOT the same as getting a belt in GJJ.

TenTigers
10-19-2011, 03:47 PM
https://www.gracieuniversity.com/

Dragonzbane76
10-19-2011, 03:55 PM
agree with ronin, from what i understand it's not the same.

maxattck
10-19-2011, 05:00 PM
It is not the same. It takes a year if your good (ex college wrestler), to two years of at least four times a week training to earn your blue in BJJ. At least it is in my academe. ( I am currently working on my purple)
Gracies combatives is kind of seen as a joke, and gets no respect from the BJJ community. BJJ is all about live rolling, excuting your techs under pressure. Without a coach there to correct mistakes in your tech (its a game of inches) one will never improve.