PDA

View Full Version : Batman: Arkham City

JamesC
10-20-2011, 07:24 AM
Anyone played this yet?

wenshu
10-20-2011, 08:32 AM
Played the first one, only real criticism of it is that it was too easy and the fights got repetitive. Using the cast from the Animated Series was a stroke of ****ing genius. Really looking forward to playing AC, the quasi-open world game play looks amazing and from what I've read online the story is epic.

I'm completely consumed with Dark Souls right now so I can't really justify dropping another sixty dollars on a game I won't even play for atleast another month. I may even wait for the P.C. version to drop in November, the graphics and physics are several orders of magnitude better than the console versions.

JamesC
10-20-2011, 08:35 AM
I beat Dark Souls a couple days ago. I would like the game so much more if there was some semblance of a reason behind me killing everyone, lol.

Also, work on your parry. The only way I could kill the last dude.

Lucas
10-20-2011, 09:18 AM
i picked up dark souls, its pretty fun but really im just waiting for skyrim ;)

i do like that darksouls is hard...it has a very old school game feel to it...which is nice, trial and error to advance.

Lucas
10-20-2011, 09:19 AM
i still havnt gotten to invade anyones game and murder them yet tho :(

wenshu
10-20-2011, 09:23 AM
I haven't read this thread yet. Anybody wanna help start piecing together the story? (Massive Story Spoilers)
(http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/60612627)
What build did you use? I started out as a sorcerer but then decided to go melee and dump a bunch of points into STR and END. Maybe not the best strategy but it is still pretty early and I think I can still manage a decent hybrid.

I just rang the first bell. I'm slow. Finding time to play is kind of difficult and when I do I am usually pretty exhausted and the game doesn't exactly reward wandering attention spans and sluggish reflexes. So rewarding though, I like the vague figure it all out for yourself nature of it. Reminds me of the original Ninja Gaiden for the first Xbox.

wenshu
10-20-2011, 09:25 AM
i still havnt gotten to invade anyones game and murder them yet tho :(

I've been playing offline. Although helping people beat bosses sounds like fun and a great way to get humanity. Word is PvP is broken. Lot's of cheating and cheese tactics.

Lucas
10-20-2011, 09:28 AM
I haven't read this thread yet. Anybody wanna help start piecing together the story? (Massive Story Spoilers)
(http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/60612627)
What build did you use? I started out as a sorcerer but then decided to go melee and dump a bunch of points into STR and END. Maybe not the best strategy but it is still pretty early and I think I can still manage a decent hybrid.

I just rang the first bell. I'm slow. Finding time to play is kind of difficult and when I do I am usually pretty exhausted and the game doesn't exactly reward wandering attention spans and sluggish reflexes. So rewarding though, I like the vague figure it all out for yourself nature of it. Reminds me of the original Ninja Gaiden for the first Xbox.

ya im still at the beginning basically. im like lvl 21 or some crap...lol i murdered the first merchant and stole his uchigatana so i use that two handed and sometimes a halberd so im like str, dex.

funny thing i didnt realize every thing u do auto saves right away and i accidentally attacked that first knight at the very first bonefire after the tutorial...i spent like an hour trying to beat him, i had to get 6 perfect parry/reposte on him without getting hit before i could progress lol

Lucas
10-20-2011, 09:30 AM
i got kind of stuck until i decided to go balls to the wall and rush that first fire breathing dragon and saw those stairs, so now i can finally progress haha

i love that the game is nice and hard and just hits you with this **** that feels impossible at first till you figure it out.

wenshu
10-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Catwoman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYWCFCLNWw8)

JamesC
10-20-2011, 11:04 AM
I used a warrior build with a focus on Vitality, Endurance, and Strength with a little extra Dexterity.

Just so you guys know, you should be chopping off all the tails of every boss that you can during boss fights. You'll get a weapon for each one.

Also, the red dragon, if you get to the spot under the bridge(there's 2 guys under there as well, and it is right before the 3 rats that can poison you), you can actually use your bow and arrows to snipe his tail for the Drake Sword, which is something I used for most of the game.

It takes patience(took me like 30-45 minutes), but it is worth it. Make sure you buy about 200 arrows from the first merchant. I'm sure there's a youtube video on how to do it by now, too.

wenshu
10-20-2011, 12:06 PM
The drake sword murders everything.

JamesC
10-22-2011, 08:17 AM
I rented Arkham City yesterday. It's amazing. If you get a chance, you have to play it.

It has enough content to hold me over until Assassin's Creed and/or Skyrim comes out.

wenshu
10-22-2011, 10:15 AM
I think I might have to because considering how many times I have rage quit Darkroot garden I don't even want to have to deal with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-5yw0wHQx9A

Lucas
10-22-2011, 08:06 PM
I didn't know that about the tails!!! I've had a few rage quits myself lol. I watched the vid on marketplace for batman it looks big. I played the first one and thought it was pretty good but a bit short

JamesC
10-26-2011, 05:00 AM
I ended up beating Arkham City. The story is a bit longer than the first one, but the amount of side missions makes up for it.

The side missions are cool because they have you interact with villains that aren't a part of the main storyline. Including boss fights and such too.

Also, New Game Plus is hard.

wenshu
10-26-2011, 06:18 AM
****. I'm still stuck in Darkroot Garden. I haven't played much after getting one shotted by a butterfly this weekend.

Anyways, somebody made this:
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/batpirisss/AA_ACWhite.jpg
http://www.theeffectslab.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17556