PDA

View Full Version : Black Flag? Quo Vadis

Vajramusti
10-23-2011, 09:57 AM
The Black Flag stickies and posts seem to have gone away. Apparently the Black Flag's sifu's sifu
now says with apologies for earlier marketing by his student that Black Flag is
more I8 Lohan. and not wing chun.

Any info on VTM's current or next enthusiasm?

Yoshiyahu
10-23-2011, 10:18 AM
The Black Flag stickies and posts seem to have gone away. Apparently the Black Flag's sifu's sifu

YES The wing chun post have stop!

Grumblegeezer
10-24-2011, 09:46 PM

VTM? Meng's Ving Tsun Museum? Don't know. Like Sifu Sergio, Meng always seems to moving on to something new and improved and older and more authentic and??? Still, if you burn enough bridges, it's pretty hard to move on in any direction!

LoneTiger108
10-25-2011, 08:21 AM

All I have heard are the latest developments in the UK, where Sifu Lin seems to be promoting a 'Sifu' from our country who seems to show a severe lack of respect to many of the elder generations and families that already exist here.

Due to this, and the oncoming onslaught of complaints from some very well respected guys I think the promotions have slowed down, but I don't know for sure as I stopped following their page on Facebook the moment the slanging matches started!!

wingchunIan
10-25-2011, 08:27 AM

There was an article in MAI this month about Black flag Wing Chun. can't recall who by (you can tell how interested I was) and can't look as I left it on the ferry.

LoneTiger108
10-25-2011, 08:31 AM
There was an article in MAI this month about Black flag Wing Chun. can't recall who by (you can tell how interested I was) and can't look as I left it on the ferry.

Oh well! :eek: I will check it out but have yet to get a copy of MAI. I wouldn't mention the Sifu by name because he really isn't worth promoting imho! Actually MAI and COMBAT mag have gone down in quality (well what I'm interested in!!) so much I wonder why I bother supporting them anymore? I have almost every copy since about 1985 lol!!

The media seems to promote destructive propoganda rather than creative these days, but I guess that's what sells and makes money eh!!

LoneTiger108
10-26-2011, 04:48 AM
I wouldn't mention the Sifu by name because he really isn't worth promoting imho!

Well, I read the article and was a little shocked actually, at the poor quality photos more than anything else! I would have thought more effort would be put in to it all, knowing of the franchise type machine backing the promotions.

Checked my FB too and it looks like I have been 'removed' as the Sifus friend so I can't even see how the October Seminar went with 'Grandmaster' Lin?

I was initially very interested, and supportive to the Sifu in question, but then the attitude test was failed miserably lol! :cool:

Josexx
10-26-2011, 07:20 AM

Hi everyone, recently Sifu Sergio did an excellent job in seeking out the grandmaster of 18 Lohan. The GM was misguided by his student but has now made a formal apology to the wing chun world. I think we should thank him for that. In case anyone still has confusion with this issue, please read the grandmaster's public announcement at http://www.vtmshaolin3halls.blogspot.com (http://www.vtmshaolinbull5hit.blogspot.com) I think this will answer many questions in the Wing Chun community.