PDA

View Full Version : I can only hope

hskwarrior
10-24-2011, 09:16 AM
I can only hope to be as fluid as this guy is at his age.....he'd Fuk you up. looks like he did some choy lee fut at the very end too...hahaha....just looks like it.

Grandmaster Yoon Sae Kwon (Hap Ki Do)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wJO04SgzYgU

sanjuro_ronin
10-24-2011, 09:46 AM
I remember my first exposure to hapkido ( and the broken wrist that went with it, LOL), it was very rough and tumble, very fluid but more "violent" than the aikido I have been exposed to.

All the hapkido guys I know had powerful kicks, strong strikes and could tie you up in a pretzel will very little effort, IF you were dumb enough to try to grab them.

Scott R. Brown
10-30-2011, 04:32 AM
Very nice! :)

It is important to remember these techniques won't always have as spectacular a result when your opponent is not a compliant student.

That does not mean there are not plenty of modifications that can used when your opponent chooses to let go of your wrist, not do a high fall, or a horizontal movie spin!

I have found that most people simply don't grasp with the intent, focus and firmness necessary for these showy techniques.

BUT.....they are always cool to watch!!!

dirtyrat
10-30-2011, 10:27 AM
love hapkido! there was a time when i got tired of doing forms and hapkido was perfect. the instructor told me i had a knack for joint locks but oddly enough it occurred to me that practicing tai chi gave me all the tools i needed...