PDA

View Full Version : Should you weer shin guards when kicking a thai pad with your shins?(Nontroll)

phantom
04-11-2001, 09:52 PM
I have seen some people waer shin guards while kicking the hand held Muay Thai pad, and I have seen other people kick it with their bare shins. Who is right? I know that I propaply should have asked about this in my earlieer shin conditioning thread, but it did not come to my mind back then. Sorry about that, guys. Thank you for any advice that you could give me concerning this. Peace.

premier
04-12-2001, 01:36 AM
Go on and wear the shin pads, but it will only be technigue training. Why not do "conditioning" and technigue training at the same time and kick the pad with bare shins? It really doesn't hurt. try it yourself. It's not any different from kicking a heavy bag with roundhouse kicks. YOu don't wear any pads when you do that.

BIU JI
04-13-2001, 02:37 AM
I agree with premier, why not get the conditioning done while doing the roundhouses, it's only padding after all not someones leg so should be ok.
Also do you have some one hold a shield on their leg to practise round houses to the leg?

Kymus
04-29-2001, 05:40 PM
DOn't wear the shin gaurds when kicking the Thai pad. You'll develop your shins much more through kicking the pad bare legged.

~Crosstraining is the key~
-Sifu Rick Tucci
www.pamausa.com (http://www.pamausa.com)