PDA

View Full Version : Poll on "MMA" posters

Iron_Eagle_76
11-04-2011, 05:10 AM
What should be done about the "MMA" people on this forum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With all the harping and complaining about the "MMA" posters on a Kung Fu forum, what should be done to them.

1. Ban em all, let Gene Ching sort em out!

2. I feel they contribute to the forum in a positive manner.

3. I feel they should be monitored and reprimanded for constantly bashing the TCMA's.

4. People need to get thicker skins and realize everyone has a difference in opinion and cut out the insults and simply discuss in a civil manner.

Brule
11-04-2011, 06:00 AM
People need thicker skins and live with it. That's what i say. I think it's important to challenge our views but in a respectful way. If someone gets annoying like that faxiapreta dude, then simple ignore them, they will go away. It is the internet and if you start taking things on here personally, then i wonder how you are in real life.

look at that, first one to the poll.

Frost
11-04-2011, 06:20 AM
i suppose the easyiest choice would be for those of us who are accused of being MMA guys to simply stop posting here, that would slove a lot of problems

Iron_Eagle_76
11-04-2011, 06:25 AM
Maybe this site can require all members, before being allowed to post on here, to video themselves doing an authentic TCMA form so that a group of "chosen" ones here can pre-judge if we are in fact TCMA practioners or simply bonehead MMA guys coming here to stir more sh**it!!

We can call it their way of thinning the herd.:rolleyes:

maxattck
11-04-2011, 06:30 AM
Oh no! I don't think I can remember any of the tcma forms I have learnt, my tcma back ground is not as indepth as some but, I have 3 yrs CLF, 2-3 hung gar/WC.

Sardinkahnikov
11-04-2011, 06:38 AM
Since this is an internet forum, it is prone to drama*. I think people should learn to navigate through the bull**** and find the hidden gems of wisdom that frequently pop up here. Why get all riled up over what some e-d1ck that you'll never meet wrote? If you don't like it, ignore it - anything else is a waste of time and energy.

*the only drama-free MA board i've ever read was the now deceased truthmartialarts.org

MightyB
11-04-2011, 07:38 AM
MMA = a fun workout... boring as heck to watch on TV. Better than it was when it started though.

David Jamieson
11-04-2011, 08:14 AM
4. Is the correct one.

However, all things being equal, this is not an mma forum. That would be a couple down on the list. Right under wing chun where it says "mixed martial arts"

so all the ball clapping and posing that needs to be done can be done there.

decent discussion is welcomed, bashing and contrariness is closed, deleted and banned in the short run.

Lucas
11-04-2011, 08:15 AM
I said they contribute in a positive manner. At the moment I'm the only one but here is why I say that. there are the haters then the guys that are talking martial. There are silly kungfu guys too. Out of the mma guys there are guys that simply push the boundaries of some peoples perceptions. Boundaries that sometimes need stretching.in short, there is more than one kind of mma ptactitioner

David Jamieson
11-04-2011, 08:19 AM
I said they contribute in a positive manner. At the moment I'm the only one but here is why I say that. there are the haters then the guys that are talking martial. There are silly kungfu guys too. Out of the mma guys there are guys that simply push the boundaries of some peoples perceptions. Boundaries that sometimes need stretching.

This is often an inadequate venue and frequently degrades into name calling and what not. So, yes, it can be constructive but often it isn't. It's just sour grapes a lot of the time and guys want that to been seen as legit.
well it ain't. lol

It is sometimes like a little kid that stole his brothers socks and denies it and even after you lift his pant leg and show him the stolen sock, he says "i didn't do it"

It is outright ludicrous at times when dealing with characters that believe they can fool others while being blatantly idiotic in their methods to do so.

meh. Keep it civil is the greatest concern in my opinion. retorts are one thing, consistent and sustained idiocy is out the door.

Lucas
11-04-2011, 08:24 AM
Dravid Jimmiesons, if any mma guy steal mu sox I will dim mak him into the future.

TenTigers
11-04-2011, 08:40 AM
most TCMAists here save for a few, cross train, explore other options, and are already doing some form of MMA. I don't think that is the issue.
DB's that do not have any real TCMA, or just didn't 'get it,' and constantly spout off, showing their ignorance, should be thinned from the herd. Period.
It's not that I don't have a thick skin, it's just that it really sux having to wade through so many pages of total bullsh1t to find a few gems.

MightyB
11-04-2011, 08:43 AM
Dravid Jimmiesons, if any mma guy steal mu sox I will dim mak him into the future.

Dimak You!!!

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/10/26/129010343634354608.jpg

Lucas
11-04-2011, 08:50 AM
dude, id fuc that ferret up. cage match.

ginosifu
11-04-2011, 09:12 AM
The point here is this is a kung fu forum. We are on a general board of mostly all CMA or TCMA. Most of the MMA posters are not CMA, some may cross train CMA but they all bash us instead of having good discussions. In know Gene likes to give everyone freedom of speech and all but I think we need to tighten up the reigns.

I am not adverse to MMA guys coming and discussing how CMA can or can not go into the sports venue and be competitive. However, all of us on both sides are stubborn and stand by our values. Sometimes we all get caught up trying to prove that are values, system, style etc etc is valid (myself included).

I think everyone on both sides of the coin here need to put themselves in the other person shoes and try to look at everything thru someones else view point. Instead of bashing someone else viewpoint, just point out the differences in yours. Try not to say someones style wrong or bad but say it's only different than the way I do it.

ginosifu

ShaolinDan
11-04-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm not voting. :) It's a mix, really. Lately (since the banning) it's been pretty good here, as far as that goes...maybe one exception, but he's keeping another one away, so... But all the MMA guys who survived the banning spree (you know who you are)
would be in the positive contribution department (usually). It's good to get different points of view on here, saves me from traveling, or reading MMA forums.

Still, in a lot of ways I agree with Gino...the main thing is to try our best to discuss instead of argue... and to disagree without disparaging. The insult slinging is on a hair trigger here.

Anyway, there's a big difference between an MMA poster and an MMA troll...I think the mods are pretty good about identifying, though they give some many more chances than I would. But that's good, generous.

Taixuquan99
11-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Ban you? That would suggest that you knuckle draggers have rights.

Drake
11-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Is it not a bit stupid to even have this poll, considering this forum has an MMA section? Theyv'e basically been invited here by Gene.

Taixuquan99
11-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Is it not even a bit stupid to have this poll, given that aside from Hardwork, no one talks about banning mma people?

Robinhood
11-04-2011, 01:48 PM
They can't help it, everyone thinks they now what they are talking about, only experience and time will change their mind, not talking, but wise people will remember other views and it might help them look for answers.

Hardwork108
11-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Is it not even a bit stupid to have this poll, given that aside from Hardwork, no one talks about banning mma people?

Where did I say that they should be banned?:confused:

What I said was that they should all be BANGED!

Sheesh, you guys should pay more attention! :D

Hardwork108
11-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Is it not a bit stupid to even have this poll, considering this forum has an MMA section? Theyv'e basically been invited here by Gene.
Well, they should limit their presence to the MMA section and only come to the TCMA sections to enhance their knowledge by asking polite questions. ;)

Drake
11-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Well, they should limit their presence to the MMA section and only come to the TCMA sections to enhance their knowledge by asking polite questions. ;)

Talking down to people does not incite civility. You've already made it clear that they are not your equal, and that they can only learn from TCMA, and not teach you anything.

It's rude, and this faux politeness is irritating.

You can be a **** without calling people names.

GeneChing
11-04-2011, 04:54 PM
I love MMA. I love TCMA. I love watching y'all argue about it too. ;)

Drake
11-04-2011, 04:55 PM

do you love Mongolian fighting?

Lucas
11-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Gene has probably been all of the biggest mma trolls of the last 5 years, just cuz he's nice and wants to give all of our lives true meaning.

Hardwork108
11-04-2011, 05:08 PM

I actually think that you having included MMA section here is a good idea. The only problem is that some (not all) MMA-ists cross over and badmouth and put down the TCMA practicies, but I guess even that is part and parcel of a MA forum.

However, it is difficult to find a TCMA-ist that will go to the MMA threads and badmouth them. So, I guess that is where our little problem lies, but even so, just like you yourself have put before, that this is the internet, so we should all perhaps loosen up....:)

GeneChing
11-04-2011, 05:18 PM
This is a web forum. A lot of people are rude on the web. It sure beats talking to people face-to-face.

I wouldn't say that's style specific. I would say that many of our trolls use the same tired inflammatory posts (MMA rules) but that's just their lack of creativity.

do you love Mongolian fighting? Honestly, I haven't seen enough of it for it to have kindled any love in me. Now, it's just a passing flirtation.

Gene has probably been all of the biggest mma trolls of the last 5 years, just cuz he's nice and wants to give all of our lives true meaning. Hmmm, as always Lucas, you have an interesting perspective (for a NINJASTAR-talk-the-talker-but-not-walking-the-walker :p). Yes, yes, I do want you all to have meaningful lives. As for MMA, of course I support it. (http://www.martialartsmart.com/mma-gear.html)

Hardwork108
11-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Talking down to people does not incite civility.
I only talk down to MMA people when they make clueless assumptions about a zillion TCMA styles (ie. talk down on TCMAs)! ;)

You've already made it clear that they are not your equal,
Of course they are my equal. Everyone is my equal. I am just saying is that they should not make clueless comments about arts that they have never really practiced to any depth, despite their profound experience in tae kwon do!

and that they can only learn from TCMA,
Logic dictates, that if the MMA-ists do not practice the TCMAs, but yet they come to the kung fu threads, then the intelligent thing for them would be to use the time to learn about the TCMA, from the TCMA-ists.

The reverse is true also, in case you have TCMA-ists who take the time to go to the MMA forums/threads, as you would assume that they are there to learn!

If each of the above parties goes to the other's forum and starts preaching their own way and making clueless generalizations, then both the MMA-ists and TCMA-ists are tresspassing and trolling!

Why is this concept so difficult to understand?:confused:

and not teach you anything.
They can teach me plenty about MMA, but my interest is in learning the TCMAs, and that is hard enough on its own!

It's rude, and this faux politeness is irritating.
Sometimes, truthful and logical comments can sound inpolite and even irritating, to the unwise! ;)

You can be a **** without calling people names.
Drake, the truth hurts, now be man and accept it.

While you are doing that, think to the last time you saw a TCMA-ist go to the MMA forums and tell them that they are wasting their time and should give up their MMA training in favor of TCMA!

What I say makes sense, even if I throw in a one liner here and there and am tongue in cheeck about it generally. ;)

Lucas
11-04-2011, 05:33 PM
IT BURNS!!!!!!! Really I did plan on entering the ninja star, and i still may have one last shot but ive been so busy lately and a lot of other useless excuses i can come up with :p

Drake
11-04-2011, 05:36 PM
I guess you missed the lesson on humility.

GeneChing
11-04-2011, 05:42 PM
IT BURNS!!!!!!!
As well it should, Lucas, as well it should
:p

Dragonzbane76
11-04-2011, 09:21 PM
does it burn when you pee? maybe you should get that looked at. I had a friend whom had that problem and had to get some medical attention. :)