PDA

View Full Version : MMA fighters foil L.A. Robbery

hskwarrior
11-05-2011, 07:57 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/11/miced-martial-arts-fighters-foil-robbery.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+lanowblog+%28L.A.+Now%29

Hardwork108
11-05-2011, 08:59 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/11/miced-martial-arts-fighters-foil-robbery.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+lanowblog+%28L.A.+Now%29

Thanks for posting. :)

Interesting video. Pity the angles were not too clear, but anyway, it proves that once an MMA fighter has a hold of you and goes into his "how great and functional we are" monologue", it is just a question of time before you slip into unconsciousness. :D

Drake
11-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks for posting. :)

Interesting video. Pity the angles were not too clear, but anyway, it proves that once an MMA fighter has a hold of you and goes into his "how great and functional we are" monologue", it is just a question of time before you slip into unconsciousness. :D

You should never complain when an MMA bashes TCMA. You are doing the exact same thing.

Humility.

Hardwork108
11-05-2011, 09:10 AM
You should never complain when an MMA bashes TCMA. You are doing the exact same thing.

Humility.

I am not bashing them. MMA is a practical and functional MA approach. I was just being togue in cheek. :)

IronWeasel
11-05-2011, 09:39 AM
If Kung Fu guys would have stumbled across this scene....they would have disagreed on who should attack the robber first, based on rank and style.

By the time they agreed on who should initiate, and confirmed their lineage, the robber woud be long gone.

They mumble some platitudes about Wu De to the clerk, then back into the elevator...since there was no competition to go to anyway.

Hardwork108
11-05-2011, 09:50 AM
If Kung Fu guys would have stumbled across this scene....they would have disagreed on who should attack the robber first, based on rank and style.

By the time they agreed on who should initiate, and confirmed their lineage, the robber woud be long gone.

They mumble some platitudes about Wu De to the clerk, then back into the elevator...since there was no competition to go to anyway.

Yet, the kung fu people have enough sense and unity to post in kung fu forums and not go to other MA forums and make clueless criticisms. ;)

hskwarrior
11-05-2011, 09:58 AM

So not true LOL. Once, while my classmates and I were at a restaurant with my sifu i noticed this group of guys seriously beating the crap out of this female. they were even hitting her with chairs and no one did anything but watch. Sifu gave us the green light and we went over there and when they saw us coming they took off out the door. one of the guys wasn't so lucky as his head was palmed like a basketball and slammed on the ground -feet in the air and all----he went running away staggering and holding his head. needless to say we left soon after cause we didn't want to be there when the bullets start flying.

Hardwork108
11-05-2011, 10:10 AM
So not true LOL. Once, while my classmates and I were at a restaurant with my sifu i noticed this group of guys seriously beating the crap out of this female. they were even hitting her with chairs and no one did anything but watch. Sifu gave us the green light and we went over there and when they saw us coming they took off out the door. one of the guys wasn't so lucky as his head was palmed like a basketball and slammed on the ground -feet in the air and all----he went running away staggering and holding his head. needless to say we left soon after cause we didn't want to be there when the bullets start flying.

Bah, that is nothing.

If you were MMA-ists you could have just started a simultaneous monologue about the greatness and functionality of the MMAs, and soon you would have the goons falling unconscious (probably on top of that poor woman...LOL)! :p

-N-
11-05-2011, 01:02 PM
It took both an MMA teacher and his student to take the guy to the ground when the guy was not trying to hurt them. And the teacher said he should have just hit the guy instead. Lucky the gun was already put away in the guy's backpack.

Drake
11-05-2011, 01:18 PM
At any rate, when it's just money involved, you really shouldn't try to subdue anyone, or try to be a hero. That's how you get shot.

And there's a lot more cases of people being shot than people saving some hotel some $$.

Hardwork108
11-05-2011, 02:08 PM
At any rate, when it's just money involved, you really shouldn't try to subdue anyone, or try to be a hero. That's how you get shot.

And there's a lot more cases of people being shot than people saving some hotel some $$.

I agree with this (yes, I am surprised too :eek:)!

By the way Drake, if you haven't tried it yet, grab a lamb kebab from a reputable food outlet in Kandahar and let me know how you like it. The lamb rib kebab can be delicious if done properly. ;)

Drake
11-05-2011, 02:38 PM
I agree with this (yes, I am surprised too :eek:)!

By the way Drake, if you haven't tried it yet, grab a lamb kebab from a reputable food outlet in Kandahar and let me know how you like it. The lamb rib kebab can be delicious if done properly. ;)

I'm hooked on Afghan food, actually. And since I pay very well, and usually pay for everyone else to eat too, they bend over backwards to get me good stuff.

I'm also addicted to pomegranates now...

Hardwork108
11-05-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm hooked on Afghan food, actually. And since I pay very well, and usually pay for everyone else to eat too, they bend over backwards to get me good stuff.
Well, I am glad that you are getting to know their food, as that is a good way to get to know a culture and create rapport with people.

Iranian food is also fantastic, I hope that you get to try it too, under a more peacefull settings, of course. ;) :)

I'm also addicted to pomegranates now...
Freshly squeezed pomegranate juice is my favorite fruit drink on the whole planet.

Well what do you know, we have similar culinary tastes-----:eek:

Drake
11-05-2011, 04:54 PM
I also prefer French Cuisine (properly prepared, of course), and local restaurants where I can actually meet the chef. I despise the chain restaurants.

Lebaufist
11-06-2011, 02:15 PM
It took both an MMA teacher and his student to take the guy to the ground when the guy was not trying to hurt them. And the teacher said he should have just hit the guy instead. Lucky the gun was already put away in the guy's backpack.

QFT- It shouldn't have needed two guys. :rolleyes:

Hardwork108
11-06-2011, 02:32 PM
I also prefer French Cuisine (properly prepared, of course), and local restaurants where I can actually meet the chef. I despise the chain restaurants.

The portions in the french cuisine are a little too small for me, but their sophistication is appreciated. ;)

Phil Redmond
11-07-2011, 06:17 PM
What if you're not an MMA fighter and foiled a robbery. Would it count?

banditshaw
11-07-2011, 09:08 PM
The lesson here is that you never flee the scene with the gun in your backpack. Keep that pistol in your hand till you have completely vanished. Gun>MMA

:cool:

Oops ...wrong forum. As you were.....

Hardwork108
11-07-2011, 11:28 PM
What if you're not an MMA fighter and foiled a robbery. Would it count?

NO, no, no!!!!!

Everyone knows that only MMA can foil robberies. If you make any comments to the contrary, I will start hate threads against you and then ask Gene to ban you!!:D