PDA

View Full Version : lee shing and jiu wan

deejaye72
11-06-2011, 04:32 PM
spencer how extensive was lee shings training with jiu wan? i am from jiu wan lineage and am curious.

LoneTiger108
11-07-2011, 09:34 AM
As far as I am aware, they were good friends and may have even lived together for a short time in HK when Lee Shing moved from the mainland. It was Jiu Wan who thought Lee Shing should meet Ip Man. Lok Yiu was apparently close to both guys too, although it is hard to piece together as Lok Yiu and Jiu Wan (and my Sigung) were very private students who didn't search the fame or limelight.

What I can say for certain is that there was a lot of respect shown to them all from Ip Man and in turn they had a lot of respect for him! They were (as far as I know) decent, well researched Martial Artists who flocked to Ip Man to support him in HK. Not 'exactly' formal students but more like 'lifetime' aquaintances because in those days there was only one 'Wing Chun Pai'! ;)

deejaye72
11-07-2011, 07:22 PM
thanks, its hard to find info on him, i saw the lee shing teaser trailer and lee shing does the forms like jiu wan and it sparked my curiosity.

deejaye72
11-07-2011, 07:31 PM
what i should of said is the forms i practice from my jiu wan lineage have the same signature moves in the forms i saw lee shing perform, kind of rare and nice to see

LoneTiger108
11-08-2011, 04:00 AM
what i should of said is the forms i practice from my jiu wan lineage have the same signature moves in the forms i saw lee shing perform, kind of rare and nice to see

Nice to hear someone who recognizes signatures! PM me your views it would be interesting to compare ideas...

LoneTiger108
11-11-2011, 07:36 AM
Hey Eddie, are you linked to this Facebook page?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jiu-Wan-Wing-Chun/79190226910

deejaye72
11-11-2011, 04:34 PM
no, i am not but i will check it out. thanks spencer