PDA

View Full Version : Daily Roller Bar Use....

Faruq
11-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Please nobody get defensive about this poll, because in no way do I intended to judge anyone's kung fu by their answers. Though I think we all know it, I will just precede this poll by admitting I'm obviously the least skilled and worst conditioned of everyone here on the forum. I don't do it myself. I was just curious how many here on the forum use the roller bar to condition their forearms on a daily basis?

Faruq
11-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Wow, anyone else here besides these crickets I hear?

TenTigers
11-08-2011, 12:36 PM
forearms? No. I use it on my shins!
Yeah, I also use it on my arms, but I am not consistant, I must admit.

David Jamieson
11-08-2011, 01:12 PM
no. I condition through repeated striking of surfaces.
I used to use a staff for rolling the shins, now I kick the stuffing out of the bottom of the heavy bag where it's become a little more concrete like. lol

rolling and hitting with wire works though. They take about the same amount of time to get the conditioning set.

Dale Dugas
11-09-2011, 02:52 PM
I roll my arms as well as my shins.

I also use a wire hitter to tap my entire body.

taai gihk yahn
11-09-2011, 04:00 PM
I also use a wire hitter to tap my entire body.
I will never be able to un-think that image...:p

TenTigers
11-09-2011, 06:38 PM
we use the roller bar for more than simple conditioning.
It is used primarily for power development. How you roll it, how you snap the arms to throw it to your partner, how you catch it, how you rotate your arms and train your bridge and alignment, etc.

Faruq
11-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Wow, interesting. Thanks for participating. You guys all seem to consider conditioning of some kind important for your art to work. Maybe one day I'll get motivated, lol....

Golden Arms
11-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Wow, interesting. Thanks for participating. You guys all seem to consider conditioning of some kind important for your art to work. Maybe one day I'll get motivated, lol....

Important? I think the term is VITAL. Without conditioning, you doubt yourself and your tools, and if you have doubt you have hesitation. At that point you are better off taking up cross stitch or golf.

TenTigers
11-10-2011, 12:36 PM
without conditioning, your Kung-Fu is empty.
Can you truly say you can do a tiger claw, if you haven't trained and developed your hands/fingers/grip?
Can you truly say you have a strong bridge, when you haven't strengthened/ forged,etc your forearms?
What about your horse?
Your core muscles?
Your flexibility?
No conditioning, then you are just playing.