PDA

View Full Version : TWC at Fatshan Jing Mo

Phil Redmond
11-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Knew about this for a couple of years but now someone has uploaded it to youtube. The President of the Fatshan Jing Mo/Ching Wu (he was also in the 2nd Yip Man movie),who after some research is a student of Sifu William Cheung. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5957svHTzEE

YouKnowWho
11-07-2011, 08:14 PM
When you train your WC form, does your eyes follow your "major" hand, or your eyes just look further beyond? :confused:

Phil Redmond
11-07-2011, 08:37 PM
When you train your WC form, does your eyes follow your "major" hand, or your eyes just look further beyond? :confused:
I know you mean "do" my eyes follow . . . . . .
I'm not coming from any position of superiority like some do here but I have to say that is a very good question. The answer is; when doing a solo form we focus one way. When facing an opponent we focus another way.

YouKnowWho
11-07-2011, 08:45 PM
One TCMA theory is if your eyes can follow your own hands in fast speed, your eyes should be able to follow your opponent's hand in fast speed.

Phil Redmond
11-07-2011, 08:56 PM
One TCMA theory is if your eyes can follow your own hands in fast speed, your eyes should be able to follow your opponent's hand in fast speed.
Sounds good but hands can be too fast for the human eye to consciously see. Think about magicians, slight of hand artists and card sharks. ;)
There are 6 muscles in the eye and ways to train them.

LoneTiger108
11-08-2011, 04:03 AM
Knew about this for a couple of years but now someone has uploaded it to youtube. The President of the Fatshan Jing Mo/Ching Wu (he was also in the 2nd Yip Man movie),who after some research is a student of Sifu William Cheung. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5957svHTzEE

I can also see his connection to Sifu Cheung just from the clip, but I have to say that is not a representation of Ching Mo Wing Chun ;) (Jing Wu Yong Chun)

FWIW The identity is normally verified through the hoi sik, or opening set fme.

Still, quality Wing Chun comes in all shapes, sizes and flows!

Phil Redmond
11-08-2011, 11:22 AM
I can also see his connection to Sifu Cheung just from the clip, but I have to say that is not a representation of Ching Mo Wing Chun ;) (Jing Wu Yong Chun)

FWIW The identity is normally verified through the hoi sik, or opening set fme.

Still, quality Wing Chun comes in all shapes, sizes and flows!
Yes, are Hoi Sik is recognizable in WC circles for sure.

deejaye72
11-08-2011, 07:51 PM
we were always taught by my sigung jason lau to never follow the hand in forms practice, he says you shouldnt have to look or you will be chasing hands.
a friend of mine who studies with sifu francis fong was told by fong that where your eyes go your energy goes.
on a related note i am a car guy, and been around race car guys for years, i took a lesson from a long time customer who worked for porshe and now ford motor company, he has trained drivers on track at atlanta motor speedway, he says where your eyes go the car will go.
if you look to either side when you are driving and not straight ahead, you will end up going in that direction lol! dont try at home ha ha

LoneTiger108
11-09-2011, 04:17 AM
we were always taught by my sigung jason lau to never follow the hand in forms practice, he says you shouldnt have to look or you will be chasing hands.
a friend of mine who studies with sifu francis fong was told by fong that where your eyes go your energy goes.

This is one correct way to look at it ;) But you must not disregard following the hand with the eyes during early stages of learning, because that is what is natural.

The method this connects to is the understanding of 'intent' and is heavily connected to heigung practise too fme. Of course, later on we learn to control and manipulate this 'intent' and project it at the opponent.