PDA

View Full Version : technique or attributes

deejaye72
11-09-2011, 10:37 AM
do you think technique or attribute's win a fight? i know the answer do you?

Lucas
11-09-2011, 10:48 AM
both. technique being equal, attributes will push the victor. attributes being relatively equal, technique will prevail. this is outside the realms of other deciding factors, such as heart, experience, etc.

deejaye72
11-09-2011, 11:36 AM
my thoughts exactly, although i have seen street fights won with pure attributes and heart over a better skilled person. just my thoughts, what does everyone else think??

YouKnowWho
11-09-2011, 11:38 AM
1. Courage,
2. Power,
3. Kung Fu.

deejaye72
11-09-2011, 12:06 PM
1. Courage,
2. Power,
3. Kung Fu.

i love it awesome lol:):):)

deejaye72
11-09-2011, 12:13 PM
i guess you could be pysched out also, intimidation when i lived in the projects was a big thing, lots of fights won and lost without throwing a punch

Lucas
11-09-2011, 12:29 PM
one of the best fighters i ever knew personally (not sport, but he fought ALL the time..bars, parties, street, just life) was not trained at all. but he was very strong and not afraid of anyone or any group of people. he was just a logger who really liked to fight. all courage, power, and experience, with self defined/developed skill.

desertwingchun2
11-09-2011, 12:38 PM
one of the best fighters i ever knew personally (not sport, but he fought ALL the time..bars, parties, street, just life) was not trained at all. but he was very strong and not afraid of anyone or any group of people. he was just a logger who really liked to fight. all courage, power, and experience, with self defined/developed skill.

Guys like that are just scary. I've known more than a few of them (almost was one) and like I said when they get in that mode - straight scary.

Lee Chiang Po
11-09-2011, 09:49 PM
my thoughts exactly, although i have seen street fights won with pure attributes and heart over a better skilled person. just my thoughts, what does everyone else think??

Physical prowess is always worth a lot in a fight. Martial art skills will only get you so far in life. It is designed to help give one a little edge against greater physical prowess. How well you apply it will depend on how well you have learned it. Just being trained in some form of fighting does not insure you will win fights. It can help you win, and it might even save your life, but it will still only take you so far. If two individuals, both equal in physical ability get into a fight, the odds will go with the individual that has some serious fight training. Otherwise it is going to be a toss up. Now, that is not to say the lesser fighter can not get in a lucky shot. It happens a lot. And there are going to be times if you fight a lot that all your training simply isn't going to be enough.