Every argument on here goes like this.

A) It's like this.
B) No it's not.
A) #$&*(#&$#(&*#
B) $&*(#$&*(#$*(#

End of argument.

David Jamieson
11-09-2011, 11:18 AM
...and then, it gets moved to off topic because it doesn't belong on the main forum. Like this one. :p

YouKnowWho
11-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Never say the other person is wrong. You express your opinion and I express mine. If we agree, that's fine. If we don't, that's fine too.

Drake
11-09-2011, 12:02 PM
That's stupid. People ARE wrong about things. WTF kind of world do you think we live in where everyone is right? That's not even possible.

I refuse to sit back and play "oh, we're all right here... we just have different opinions"

Bull****. Someone is wrong.

Lucas
11-09-2011, 12:22 PM
ya i agree sometimes people are just wrong. when it comes down to semantics or preference thats one thing, but sometimes some people are just wrong about things.

for instance, im right all the time, and everyone else is always wrong!! :eek:

David Jamieson
11-09-2011, 12:55 PM
I wish the world was that black and white.

When it comes to postulating about martial arts in the written form or spoken word, no body is right or wrong and we only have opinions. The truth of each individuals martial art is only revealed in conflict.

Nothing else will do in an area that demands tactile representation to get full understanding in both learning and in doing.

I mean, there is blatantly erroneous and that is all fair to point out. IE: you can stop a shoot with a strike to the back. That is wrong. It has been proven wrong.

YouKnowWho
11-09-2011, 01:11 PM
I wish the world was that black and white.

When I was young in Taiwan, I used to sing a song, "We should unit all the weak to fight against the strong. The invaders should be killed."

Today I'm a citizen of a country that is strong and loves to invade other countries. :(

Drake
11-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Even if right and wrong are unknown at the time, that does not mean that it does not exist.

It's crap like "everyone is right" that promotes neck-breaking, cartilage to the brain nose strikes, and dim mak death touches, and places actual, proven combat techniques in the same category.

Brule
11-09-2011, 02:14 PM
That's stupid. People ARE wrong about things. WTF kind of world do you think we live in where everyone is right? That's not even possible.

I refuse to sit back and play "oh, we're all right here... we just have different opinions"

Bull****. Someone is wrong.

Yeah you!!

David Jamieson
11-09-2011, 04:00 PM
When I was young in Taiwan, I used to sing a song, "We should unit all the weak to fight against the strong. The invaders should be killed."

Today I'm a citizen of a country that is strong and loves to invade other countries. :(

Bitter Reality YKW. bitter. reality. :)

Dragonzbane76
11-09-2011, 04:20 PM
It's crap like "everyone is right" that promotes neck-breaking, cartilage to the brain nose strikes, and dim mak death touches, and places actual, proven combat techniques in the same category.

haha yep! :p

Taixuquan99
11-09-2011, 04:37 PM
The odds that either side is right in a long established internet argument is zero, because people are not arguing, they are repeating stock arguments that don't really relate and are all hopelessly lame.

Pretending this is anything more than social hour is horsesh1t.

YouKnowWho
11-09-2011, 07:08 PM
WTF kind of world do you think we live in where everyone is right? That's not even possible.
Long time ago when I had my 1st year Kung Fu class in the University of Texas at Austin. I made the following statement in my class, "We should help the weak to fight againt the strong." I was surprised to find out that not even a single American student who agreed with me. I then realized that what I used to believe was right was no longer right any more when the physical location has changed. Today if I make the same statement in public, I could be arrested as terrorist.

David Jamieson
11-09-2011, 07:09 PM
The odds that either side is right in a long established internet argument is zero, because people are not arguing, they are repeating stock arguments that don't really relate and are all hopelessly lame.

Pretending this is anything more than social hour is horsesh1t.

We should open an online stock martial arts argument shop.

Taixuquan99
11-09-2011, 09:19 PM
We should open an online stock martial arts argument shop.

I have an excellent collection of smug responses based on vague claims from inside sources that [insert member name here] doesn't have good kung fu.

Lee Chiang Po
11-09-2011, 10:18 PM
I think everyone is lame here. The idea of everyone being right is not what it seems. One might be wrong, but both seem to think they are right. It is the opinion of both that the other is wrong, so who decides who is wrong? Assuming you are right is arrogant, and does not at all mean you are right. Most likely you are wrong. If everyone would simply take my word for everything, there would never be reason to argue. That way you could all be right all the time. Trust me.

Taixuquan99
11-09-2011, 11:11 PM
I think everyone is lame here. The idea of everyone being right is not what it seems. One might be wrong, but both seem to think they are right. It is the opinion of both that the other is wrong, so who decides who is wrong? Assuming you are right is arrogant, and does not at all mean you are right. Most likely you are wrong. If everyone would simply take my word for everything, there would never be reason to argue. That way you could all be right all the time. Trust me.

That is only correct when I say it.

Scott R. Brown
11-10-2011, 05:42 AM
...and then, it gets moved to off topic because it doesn't belong on the main forum. Like this one. :p

Don't forget, or deleted or closed!:p

Long time ago when I had my 1st year Kung Fu class in the University of Texas at Austin. I made the following statement in my class, "We should help the weak to fight againt the strong." I was surprised to find out that not even a single American student who agreed with me. I then realized that what I used to believe was right was no longer right any more when the physical location has changed. Today if I make the same statement in public, I could be arrested as terrorist.

Maybe just adapt it a bit to the different culture. Something like, "The more fortunate should help the less fortunate!" Or, "Together we should fight injustice!" Or, "Protect the weak from being abused by the strong!" After all isn't this what your saying means at heart?

Just because the strong are strong does not mean they are necessarily wrong, but strength/power does tend to lead to abuse of that strength/power and this is what should be fought against!

Brule
11-10-2011, 07:25 AM
Sounds like the Occupy (insert city downtown here) protests.

Syn7
11-10-2011, 05:00 PM
it annoys me how some will paint all those protesters with the same brush.

whats even worse is the retards who act suprised when they find out that street folks and addicts are attracted to a perma camp in the city that has free food and entertainment...

politicians treat us like we are too stupid to see thru their talk. whats really annoying is the fact that even tho most people are smart enough to know they are constantly being condescended to, lied to and deemed unwise enough for access to full transparency, yet we allow it to happen anyways.

but the best argument, and the one that makes me wanna slap people silly is the one that goes like this:
how can these protesters stay there 24/7. must be welfare bums. as if going to work everyday and burrying your head makes you some kind of better person.
then they go on about how policing the protest has cost half a mill and how horrible that is, but never mention any of the massive global scale robbery that sparked the whole thing.

actually, the truth is simple, one just needs to go and actually talk to real people for their info rather than reading the free dailys for wisdom... i went down outta curiosity and the first cat i met at the protest was a med student who took 3 weeks off to be there. he said it would affect his schooling but he felt this was too important.