PDA

View Full Version : The Workouts...

Fon
05-25-2001, 12:53 AM
I know that many Martial Arts practitoiners do workout regularily to keep in shape. I'd just like to exchange a few workouts.
This is mine...

Basically, I alternate days in which I do the two workouts I've slapped together.

Workout #1 - Sprinting Intervals.
Warm-up is a 600m jog at a light pace. Then, an all-out sprint at 100m. After, a 100m recovery jog at a moderate pace. Then for the next two runs, sprint at about 75%-80% intensity for 50m, then an all-out for another 50m. Again is the 100m recovery jog in between each run. This is one set. Do as many sets as possible (1 minute max between each set.

Workout #1 - Calisthenic Workout
Legs - 50 Squats with 24 pounds in dumbells hanging by your sides. 30 bootstrappers. 20 Jumping Squats. Repeat this process 3 times.
Abdominals - Fifteen 'Ab-rolls' (I personally do mine on a barbell with a pair of 10-pound weights, but if you want, spend $30 or so on an ab-roller) then 10 isometric crunches (Take about 20 seconds with each crunch) Repeat the 15 ab-rolls again, then 10 isometric side-crunches on each side.
Upper Body - Push-ups: Ladders from 5-25 in groups of five (two times) Two sets of ten hammer curls. (I also ladder from 1-5 daily on the pull-up bar)

As for my seperate individual MA Training, I basically just do whatever I feel (eg, bagwork, shadow-boxing. If I have friends over, spar)

Plus, since it's summer, I also try to go Mountain Biking at least 5 times a week (I have a natural park with some great Mountain Biking trails a few minutes away from my house)

That's mine in a nutshell. Please, share yours.

Fo

I tripped over those laces I never learned to tie, but I got up, and I'll keep getting up every time.
-Zebadiah Adam Zaharris

Fu-Pow
05-25-2001, 01:06 AM
I do pretty much the same running routine. Usually a couple times a week but I've been lazy lately. I jog 1/2 mile down to the park near my house. Then sprint for 60 breaths. Then walk for 60 breaths. Then jog for 60 breaths...etc,etc. I do this for 2 miles (the distance is conveniently marked off). I also carry 3 pound hand weights when doing this for an upper body workout and to get used to keeping my hands up when tired...for sparring.

Fu-Pow
http://www.makskungfu.com/images/Graphics/logo.gif
"If you are talking about sport that is one thing. But when you are talking about combat-as it is-well then, baby, you'd better train every part of your body" - Bruce Lee

SevenStar
05-25-2001, 06:17 AM
My current routine includes cardio every day. Depending on how I feel, I jog 2-3 miles every morning. On Tues and Thurs, I spend my lunch hours doing heavy weight training. Mon, Wed and Fri I am in kung fu class, which is 3 hours long. The first hour and a half I work on my own, and I do calistenics, stance training and forms. The next hour and a half is forms on Mon and Wed, and sparring on Fri. On Sat, I jog in the morning and shadowbox 8-12 rounds.

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; A fool speaks because he has to say something."