PDA

View Full Version : Geiger counters

Xiao3 Meng4
11-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Does anyone out there in North America own/have access to a geiger counter?

The reason I ask is because I just came across this video:

Fukushima Radioactive Rain falls in Toronto,Canada at DANGEROUS levels (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBfvkCEr-Is)

The first minute is footage from Japanese TV showing the Fukushima disaster. After that, it's a guy with a geiger counter, supposedly from the Toronto area, taking measurements after a mid-august rainstorm.

At the end of the video, he posits a couple of reasons as to why the readings might be what they are. His first theory is that it's Fukushima fallout. His second theory is that it's due to weather modification.

Regardless of theory, the readings he takes are incredible. In fact, the readings are so incredible that I'd be interested in collecting results from other North Americans with geiger counters. Are his readings for real? Is his geiger counter broken? Is he making it all up?

FWIW, if the readings are true, I'm prone to believe it's from Fukushima.

So, if anyone can provide local geiger counter results from credible sources, please do.

'Cause this is incredible.

Syn7
11-13-2011, 02:46 PM
word... curious...

it isnt unreasonable to assume that we would be affected by such a huge amount of uncontrolled radiation...

maybe all them cats buying up anti rad meds werent so crazy after all, huh...

why does radiation not dissipate like other harmful substances?