PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun, frame, qi, movie, fantasy

Hendrik
11-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Wing Chun, frame, qi, fajing, movie, fantasy.

What is fantasy what is not?

Yoshiyahu
11-15-2011, 02:15 PM
i think you are fantasy!

Hendrik
11-15-2011, 04:24 PM
The following are fantasy. no?

---------------------------
The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

* Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless – like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce lee

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

stonecrusher69
11-15-2011, 08:15 PM
its all fantasy. Nothing real.

Grumblegeezer
11-15-2011, 08:41 PM
i think you are fantasy!

You want some nasty fantasy, go ask Bawang.

YouKnowWho
11-15-2011, 11:09 PM

frame:

Most discussion about the "frame" is how to connect your body structure. There is not enough discussion on how to disconnect it. A disconnected frame is very useful in "defense". Sometime you even need to disconnect yourself so your full powerful move won't affect your own balance.

Vajramusti
11-16-2011, 08:40 AM
[QUOTE=YouKnowWho;1143371]frame:

Most discussion about the "frame" is how to connect your body structure. There is not enough discussion on how to disconnect it. A disconnected frame is very useful in "defense". Sometime you even need to disconnect yourself so your full powerful move won't affect your own balance.[/QUOTE-----------------

------------------------------------------
not much discussion on connecting or disconnecting!!

Yoshiyahu
11-16-2011, 09:28 AM
Lets touch hands and see?

The following are fantasy. no?

The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

* Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless – like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce lee

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

Yoshiyahu
11-16-2011, 09:32 AM
frame:

Most discussion about the "frame" is how to connect your body structure. There is not enough discussion on how to disconnect it. A disconnected frame is very useful in "defense". Sometime you even need to disconnect yourself so your full powerful move won't affect your own balance.

So true...never thought of making a thread about this...will you do so?

Hardwork108
11-16-2011, 11:31 AM
frame:

not much discussion on connecting or disconnecting!!

And this is an irony right there, because some of the fundamental strengths and dare I say "mysteries", of kung fu are within the connecting of the structure methodologies.

Furthermore, different styles will have different ways and levels of connection, which will ultimately dictate the intensity of their power issuance.

Yet, it seems that every other thread here is more about BJJ and or modern MMA methodolgies then kung fu ones.:mad:

YouKnowWho
11-16-2011, 11:45 AM
So true...never thought of making a thread about this...will you do so?

I'll be happy to do that.

Hendrik
11-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Lets touch hands and see?

Philosophy without way to implement is a wish or a fantasy.

touch hands does not answer to the question.

guy b.
11-16-2011, 02:08 PM
Too many fortune cookies

Hardwork108
11-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Too many fortune cookies

I correct myself. You should open your mind and brush up on your knowledge of geopolitics AS WELL AS, authentic TCMA practice. ;)

imperialtaichi
11-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Need to be able to integrate and disintegrate at will.

YouKnowWho
11-16-2011, 08:42 PM

I leave it to those who are doing WCK.

nasmedicine
11-17-2011, 09:54 AM
frame:

couldn't agree with you more.

Hardwork108
11-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Need to be able to integrate and disintegrate at will.

I think that there are two school of thoughts as regards this subject. One school of thought believes that if you integrate well enough (unite your body and structure, combined with Iron Training), then you can disintigrate your enemy when they are in range, before they can do you harm.

The other school of thought believes that it is best to have the flexibility to be able to switch from structure to non-structure, to reduce possible vulnerability as combat situations change.

I guess both schools of though are valid and their success will depend on how well each approach is trained. :)

anerlich
11-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Too many fortune cookies

or too many microdots.

Hendrik
11-21-2011, 08:15 AM
frame:

True.

Thus, one needs to look at both fajing and huajing. those are going a level deeper then frame into the momentum "frame".

GlennR
11-22-2011, 03:32 AM
or too many microdots.

ahhhh, microdots...... you old raver you

Graham H
11-22-2011, 06:16 AM
ahhhh, microdots...... you old raver you

Welcome to the trippy kung fu fantasy forum! You know the score! Top one, nice one, get sorted!! :D

G

desertwingchun2
11-22-2011, 10:32 AM
or too many microdots.

Thats funny!!!:):):D

GlennR
11-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Welcome to the trippy kung fu fantasy forum! You know the score! Top one, nice one, get sorted!! :D

G

Reach for the lasers! ;)

k gledhill
11-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Someone say "L A ZORS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV0oPI1Nf1k&list=LLpVtRF8zZwWB9W7kMO7zVVA&index=8&feature=plpp_video)" :D

GlennR
11-22-2011, 02:56 PM
someone say "l a zors (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv0opi1nf1k&list=llpvtrf8zzwwb9w7kmo7zvva&index=8&feature=plpp_video)" :d

bwahahaha! ;)