PDA

View Full Version : Jow's for Arthritis?

Featherstone
11-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Hey there,

Was just wondering if there are any jow's that are able to aid in helping arthritic joints in an adult, specifically the shoulder? Finally consulted a doctor about the range of motion issues and slight pain I have been having in my shoulder and was told it was arthritis. He gave me a gel to rub into it four times a day but I dont know what to think about it.

So any ideas from the Jow experts here?:)

Dale Dugas
11-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Hello from Boston,

I have helped many people with Tiger Exits the Forest, which is my strongest injury medicine.

It helps joints get much better macro and micro circulation.

Let me know how I can be of service.

Featherstone
11-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Was just looking at that one your site. Is it a once or multiple times a day application, once on and dry to the touch, it's safe to be around immune suppressed children, and what would I mix it with?

Payday is in a week so, let's talk :)

Thanks

mickey
11-20-2011, 04:37 PM
Greetings,

Just in case there is hope left for your shoulder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9bvVGFYl-8

http://www.irongarmx.net/Articles/7_minute_rotator_cuff_solution.pdf

mickey

Dale Dugas
11-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Was just looking at that one your site. Is it a once or multiple times a day application, once on and dry to the touch, it's safe to be around immune suppressed children, and what would I mix it with?

Payday is in a week so, let's talk :)

Thanks

Most people use it twice a day once in the morning and once again in the evening.

You can use 3 times a day as well.

Leave it on for 20 minutes and then you can wash it off. Cover the area applied and wash your hands and you are good to go.

If you buy the herb kit, you mix the ground herbs into vodka for 6 weeks.

I also make it premade as well.

Let me know how I can be of service.

Featherstone
11-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Thanks Mickey, it should be salvageable, the vid had some good pointers to try out.

Dale, we'll be in touch, I just need to figure out if I want the pre-made or just the herbs and mix it. I'll probably go with the 8oz bottle and get the herbs later so they can ferment.

Thanks!

Cory Nyenhuis
11-21-2011, 10:19 AM
I have a Jow that was designed for joint pain specifically. I am getting great results from everyone who uses it. I used it for my research project my last year of school on some kick-boxers. They thought it was awesome. Not trying to take away from Mr. Dugas, just giving you another option.

Cory Nyenhuis MAcOM

Dale Dugas
11-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Cory,

No offense at all.

Nice to see another licensed professional who is interested in helping people.

I have helped many people here and on other boards with some rather serious injuries.

Featherstone
11-21-2011, 06:49 PM
I just need the joint to relax and get back to its full range of movement. I knew I had a problem when I could no longer hang my heavy bag with out grimacing or needing a another hand.

Cory Nyenhuis
11-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Some good tuina and some good jow should help good luck.

Cory Nyenhuis MAcOM

David Jamieson
11-22-2011, 12:41 PM
dit da + glucosamine supplements = a much more bearable day for the arthritic.

Dale Dugas
11-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Fish Oil as well which is a natural NSAID.

Featherstone
11-22-2011, 09:08 PM
yeah I have to watch what supplements I take due to not having a thyroid, had a touch of cancer this past year as well so it had to go. It's a balancing act now. My body is in recovery mode, and is just taking longer then I had expected, guess I'm getting older. One of those life lessons, eh!

Dale, I'll be ordering the 8oz this week, any thing else you can suggest?

Dale Dugas
11-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Try the liniment and let me know how it works.

If you still have issues we can move into internal medicines.

Featherstone
11-23-2011, 04:55 PM
placing the order now.

Thanks.

Faruq
11-23-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm curious as to the origin of the name of this one (WTF???lol):

Hak Gwai Yu/Black Ghost Oil
Hak Gwai Yu/Black Ghost Oil
now offering Hak Gwai Pain Relieving Oil, the most deep penetrating massage oil used for deep bone bruising which occurs in areas...

$9.99

... more info

PS-Of course you didn't name it Dale, and I have nothing but the utmost respect for you. But what's up with the company that makes the formula, lol?

Dale Dugas
11-24-2011, 07:24 AM
Faruq,

White People are called White Ghosts, Bak Gwai/Bai Guei. This is a derogatory term which most would associate with the word cracker, whitey....

Hak Guei, Hei Gwai means Black Ghost, and everyone knows that word which is the African American equivalent.

It has racial overtones, but is a great formula for bruising that you can feel but not see. I have no idea how the original company came up with the name.

There have been many products over the years in China that used African Americans to sell.

Be careful as it has turpentine oil in it and can be harsh on the skin.

Faruq
11-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Faruq,

There have been many products over the years in China that used African Americans to sell.

Wow, Dale. I wish there were a link to the history of that. I wonder how that came about?

Anyway, you've got a great website. And the descriptions of your jows sound almost too good to be true, but as soon as Garry vouched for you, I knew you were the goods. And your personal ethics Dale, amazing as anyone who has ever had the pleasure of dealing with you can attest. I'm honored to know you.

Dale Dugas
11-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Thank you for the kind words.

Let me know how I can ever be of service to you and your clan.

Featherstone
11-30-2011, 06:30 PM
I got the liniment pdq, do you want the computer chip and the stop plate back? :)

I was expecting a tingle once this was applied (like with tiger balm or wood lok), goes on smooth and cool!

Dale Dugas
12-01-2011, 07:35 AM
My liniments do not have menthol and camphor, which are totally synthetic and can be from tainted sources.

Let me know how it works for you.

Thank you again for you order and support.

PalmStriker
12-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Hey Dale! Your "Tiger Exit" sounds like just the healing jow I've been waiting for. Old injuries from impacting wood, asphalt, cement. Will order a bottle as soon as I get a chance. :)

Dale Dugas
12-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Excellent!

Let me know when I can be of service to you!

Lee Chiang Po
12-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Fish Oil as well which is a natural NSAID.

I went to see a doctor of Chinese medicine with my feet. I have flat feet and when I stand, 100% of my weight falls directly on the center of my heels. A bit more so on the right heel. I was suffering for several years with what is called stone bruise of my heels. Walking can be difficult and painful. He and I talked a bit and he told me to take 9,000 mg of fish oil daily until I noticed a change. I had to take 3 of those huge pills, 3 times a day. Cats seemed to like me a lot. It is equal to eating 27 ounces of Atlantic salmon daily. I got used to taking it and went on about my business. Then one day I noticed that my feet no longer hurt, and in fact they felt rather good. I felt like I had thick, fleshy pads on my feet. It still feels like that today, but I can no longer take it in such quantities. I am allergic to iodine. Most fish oils will contain iodine. It is the factor when people are allergic to shell fish I think. I had to really over dose on it to make it work, but now I can keep it under control by taking it 7 days on and 7 days off, at one in the morning and one in the evening. If my lips itch or swell I stop taking it. I haven't tried to find it iodine free. I wonder if fresh water fish oil contains iodine or even if it can be bought. I can make it myself, but it tastes like he ll.

Featherstone
04-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Thought I'd give an update.

The jow is working, I definetly feel the difference, although I believe my shoulder is getting worse. Some days it feels like a vice is clamped on it and other days not so much. I've also used the jow on a few other injuries that have come about through sparring and what have you, helped push the bruises away and pain away pretty quickly, especially on the shins! The times it really hurts, push ups, laying on my back and doing leg lifts. I find my arm tires out during striking and certain whiping movements. I do shoulder circles for warm ups with my arms down with now issues, holding them out and the doing small or large circles my right will of course fatigue and start to hurt. The jow in combo with allieve and ice/heat helps. I also do light band work out likw what is shown in the videos posted earlier, ROM is pretty good.

Any other suggestions?

Dale Dugas
04-04-2012, 09:10 AM
Sounds like you might need some acupuncture to help.

Where do you live?

I can see who I know in the area to refer you to.

Let me know how I can be of service to you.

Featherstone
04-04-2012, 09:50 AM
sent you a message!

bawang
04-04-2012, 02:22 PM
you should also consider eating herbs that improve your testosterone (yang qi).