PDA

View Full Version : some bag work...

uki
11-21-2011, 03:27 PM
just messing around like an idiot... comments please - always looking for some constructive criticism. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndju7S2v-D8

uki
11-21-2011, 03:38 PM
ok seriously now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4YOEBie8Rs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Flx-skQ_4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr2nVh0XG4w

Dale Dugas
11-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Not bad at all brother.

I would say watch out for the leaning as you are leaning forward a little.

sanjuro_ronin
11-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Dale is being nice, very nice, TOO nice.

Uki, I don't know if you are being serious or not, but if that was serious, it was not very good at all.
Your structure was off, there was no alignment, you were to stiff, there was no fluidity or explosivness or any power, there was no follow-through, your "root" was non-existent and you core was all over the place.
You were "braking" yourself ,which happens when you try to apply the "hunch back" power vs an actual target with resistance when you usually just train it in the air.
In short, it was NOT very good at all, it was actually quite bad.
Sorry.

mooyingmantis
11-21-2011, 05:28 PM
The juggling was awesome!

uki
11-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Uki, I don't know if you are being serious or not, but if that was serious, it was not very good at all.
Your structure was off, there was no alignment, you were to stiff, there was no fluidity or explosivness or any power, there was no follow-through, your "root" was non-existent and you core was all over the place.
You were "braking" yourself ,which happens when you try to apply the "hunch back" power vs an actual target with resistance when you usually just train it in the air.
In short, it was NOT very good at all, it was actually quite bad.
Sorry.awesome...

hskwarrior
11-21-2011, 05:55 PM
Uki,

if i may ask, why are you hands so low?

Lee Chiang Po
11-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Well, you did say you were just messing around. Thing is, I am not familiar with what you were doing so can not make any sort of assessment at all. Sorry.
Where you been bru? I have been watching for you and this is the first post by you in a very long time that I have seen.

uki
11-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Well, you did say you were just messing around. nah... i was being as serious as the moment.

Thing is, I am not familiar with what you were doing so can not make any sort of assessment at all. Sorry.no need to apologize... just messing around - it's not supposed to make sense.

Where you been bru? I have been watching for you and this is the first post by you in a very long time that I have seen.i been busy making splashes. :)

bawang
11-21-2011, 08:32 PM
you need to do squats to get the powerful thighs for make strong paunch

Hebrew Hammer
11-22-2011, 01:40 AM
I think you're ready for your death match with Bawang's Mom. First I applaud your courage for putting those up...and as I like to tell anyone who's seen me work out...the best part is the bag doesn't hit back.

If you are serious about feedback...Sanjuro was being too nice. It was all arm punches, your chin looked delicious, your distance was off...meaning you were too close to the bag or you weren't getting full extension with your strikes. No hip or body torque at all for power...although I did like your spinning hook kick, style points do count. I'm pretty sure your breathing was terrible too...I'm not even going to venture about your breath it self. On the plus side, good enthusiasm and at times you looked like there was a bit of speed in there somewhere.

When are you going to challenge Hardwork 108?

uki
11-22-2011, 05:52 AM
Uki, if i may ask, why are you hands so low?to be fair here, if the bag doesn't hit back, why do i have to keep my arms up or down?? i like to believe i am simply using the bag to find strikes within the movements.

First I applaud your courage for putting those up...it's just a video... being a mason i can deal with wide variety of ridicule that really does not affect me to no end... i felt i been around here long enough and that it's only fair that i finally post something other than me juggling the iron balls. :)

I'm pretty sure your breathing was terrible too...I'm not even going to venture about your breath it self. i have had asthma since i was 9... so ya... i'm a goner if i have to dance for too long. ;)

On the plus side, good enthusiasm and at times you looked like there was a bit of speed in there somewhere. thanks... i didn't post the video where my girlfriend ran down the stairs to inform me i was being too loud for my daughter sleeping. LOL

anyhow... thanks for the replies so far...

Iron_Eagle_76
11-22-2011, 06:32 AM
Uki,

The advice given to you is pretty much all that needs said. The only things I would like to stress to you are this: You stated something about why keep your hands up when the bag doesn't hit back, and I realize you are probably being sarcastic and quirky as only you can:p, however, how you train is how you fight and you do not want to get in the habit of leaving your hands down while training.

Also, someone else mentioned having your head up and chin exposed, another big no no. Someone connects you on the button there you are going out, it is a minor adjustement to tuck the chin and something I strongly advise.

Also your rooting, you are hitting with your arm and maybe some of your torso and upper body, not your whole body. Work on your rooting structure so that your punches and hand strikes come from your feet plant, leg structure, hips, torso, shoulder, and arm together. You will achieve much more power this way.

Another bit of advice, your kicks will be much better utilized on a Thai bag, as opposed to the classic boxing style bag you have. Nothing wrong with the boxing bag, but if you have the room and the dough I would buy a Thai bag so you can utilize low kicks, sweeps, and knees are much better practiced on this type of bag.

I have two of these in my gym.
http://www.titlemma.com/p_CTHB+100.aspx

Big props for posting your bag work and training vids, sometimes criticism is the key to success. :)

donjitsu2
11-22-2011, 09:11 AM
Another bit of advice, your kicks will be much better utilized on a Thai bag, as opposed to the classic boxing style bag you have. Nothing wrong with the boxing bag, but if you have the room and the dough I would buy a Thai bag so you can utilize low kicks, sweeps, and knees are much better practiced on this type of bag.

I have two of these in my gym.
http://www.titlemma.com/p_CTHB+100.aspx

Couldn't agree more.

bawang
11-22-2011, 09:24 AM
you punch like a prison queen.

TenTigers
11-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Uki, out of curiosity, what was your formal training?
Which styles have you studied, and for approx how long?
Also, how long ago? Sometimes, when we practice on our own, we tend to drift in our structure, position, and posture. We also start to develop bad habits -such as keeping the hands down, which brings your whole body down, which is why you are unstable on your kicking.

David Jamieson
11-22-2011, 09:58 AM
As I recall, Uki is deaf and may have balance issues based on that.
Is that correct Uki?

uki
11-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Uki, out of curiosity, what was your formal training?
Which styles have you studied, and for approx how long?
Also, how long ago? this information has recently been re-classified as classified.

Sometimes, when we practice on our own, we tend to drift in our structure, position, and posture. change is the only absolute of nature.

We also start to develop bad habits -such as keeping the hands down, which brings your whole body down, which is why you are unstable on your kicking.hmmmm... i wasn't aware that i was unstable while kicking...

you punch like a prison queen.and only you would know. :p

Drake
11-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Uki,
I'm terrible at explaining this sort of thing, but your punches are more like shoves. You need that explosive contact and still manage to drive through the target. Use your waist more, to generate more power. Keep your hands up too, even if it is a harmless bag. I didn't train enough on it, and I paid for it during a drill with me fighting a bunch of folks. When you land a strike, ask yourself if it would REALLY hurt you, or just sort of push you back. The back hooking kick is neat, but what would you accomplish with it? Bruising someone's back shoulder? Work on roundhouses and side kicks... those are your REAL moneymakers. And use some of your money from your awesomely mad bricklaying skills to either find a local class to visit (don't need to enroll, just visit time to time) and after you get some fundamentals down, then perhaps try looking into CLF.
I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking. Look at some of the ways primitive tribes fight... it's wasteful, exhausting, and generally ineffective. You need to concede that thousands of years of refining our natural abilities through study and practice has created something worth learning. Theeeeeen you'll start going somewhere. Besides, if you can learn to juggle iron balls like that, then you can certainly pick up what you need to know from a school and move on!

I'm not picking on you... I want you to do better.

sanjuro_ronin
11-23-2011, 06:50 AM
Uki,
A bit of formal training never hurt anyone, get some.

Hebrew Hammer
11-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Uki,

I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking. Look at some of the ways primitive tribes fight... it's wasteful, exhausting, and generally ineffective. You need to concede that thousands of years of refining our natural abilities through study and practice has created something worth learning. Theeeeeen you'll start going somewhere. Besides, if you can learn to juggle iron balls like that, then you can certainly pick up what you need to know from a school and move on!

I don't think he has that kind of time...but I would like to see some vids of Uki chucking spears and learning to claw and bite. Just sayin.

uki
11-23-2011, 04:10 PM
I don't think he has that kind of time...but I would like to see some vids of Uki chucking spears and learning to claw and bite. Just sayin.i would like to see some vids of the zionist hammer form. :p

David Jamieson
11-23-2011, 04:13 PM
i would like to see some vids of the zionist hammer form. :p

turn on cnn :p

uki
11-23-2011, 04:15 PM
turn on cnn :plike with a television and stuff?!?

Drake
11-23-2011, 04:28 PM

You mean like use of WP and tanks on civilians?

Oh yeah... I'm not supposed to talk bad about our "allies"...including those who open fire on us... :mad:

uki
11-23-2011, 04:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNX4t8Zfyms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNX4t8Zfyms

Liokault
11-25-2011, 02:09 AM
Dude, step away from the heavy bag, get a floor to ceiling ball and/or a guy who knows what he’s doing with a set of pads.

Hebrew Hammer
11-25-2011, 03:01 AM

You've inspired me....be careful what you wish for.

David Jamieson
11-25-2011, 06:16 AM
You mean like use of WP and tanks on civilians?

Oh yeah... I'm not supposed to talk bad about our "allies"...including those who open fire on us... :mad:

Hey now, I recall a "go pill" incident that saw two of your F-16 jockeys dust 4 of our guys when they knew better.

You don't see me bitc...oh wait.

Drake
11-25-2011, 08:12 AM
Hey now, I recall a "go pill" incident that saw two of your F-16 jockeys dust 4 of our guys when they knew better.

You don't see me bitc...oh wait.

The difference is, that was an accident. This was on purpose.

sanjuro_ronin
11-25-2011, 08:31 AM
I could tell you some stories about "friendly fire", but **** happens.
When its done on purpose ie: "Yeah, we know you're there, F-you", that is a whole different load of crap.
The Lebanon incident comes to mind.

David Jamieson
11-25-2011, 09:30 AM
The difference is, that was an accident. This was on purpose.

Well, Americans have done as bad or worse, so, I wouldn't complain about the sliver in Israel's eye whilst there is a log jammed in our own.

uki
11-26-2011, 09:56 AM
ok guys... how about this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M0nkDGpcR8

uki
11-26-2011, 12:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4tiJ2WSkFY

hskwarrior
11-26-2011, 03:34 PM
when you're kicking are you intending to get your legs grabbed Uki?

i see you back is straighter but there's something about your punching style i get quite get yet

-N-
11-26-2011, 03:42 PM
but there's something about your punching style i get quite get yet

Because they are more taps and pushes than punches. And the hands mostly drop or stay extended after contacting the bag. Could use more waist torque and connection and less arm.

hskwarrior
11-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Because they are more taps and pushes than punches. And the hands mostly drop or stay extended after contacting the bag. Could use more waist torque and connection and less arm.

thats it, he doesn't retract his hands....its almost Frankensteinish.......he should change his name to Lurch.....

-N-
11-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Or just work on single punches for a while. Develop some real connected power. Then make sure that there is recoil back to guard. Then check to coordinate the stepping and sinking with the punch. Then work on 2 punch combos and proceed from there.

bawang
11-26-2011, 04:10 PM
its obvious. he has delicate sily hands and cant punch hard.

-N-
11-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Just needs to practice correctly. Not difficult. Just do the time.

bawang
11-26-2011, 04:17 PM
this guy is like 40 year old. just few more years and osteoporosis sets in. its too late. a life wasted.

I Hate Ashida Kim
11-26-2011, 04:21 PM
there's something about your punching style i get quite get yet

It's because he punches with straight arms, it's like a strong arm push rather than a snapping punch.

-N-
11-26-2011, 04:30 PM
this guy is like 40 year old. just few more years and osteoporosis sets in. its too late. a life wasted.

Bag work is good for preventing osteoporosis.

Heavy bag and calcium supplements are a good combination.

Hebrew Hammer
11-26-2011, 04:36 PM
thats it, he doesn't retract his hands....its almost Frankensteinish.......he should change his name to Lurch.....

i see you back is straighter but there's something about your punching style i get quite get yet

I was wondering the same thing, you obviously haven't seen his iron ball juggling...its an exact replica of his punching style. If you had iron balls, you'd punch like that too! :eek:

It reminds me of those old Marqius of Queensberry style boxers. Just take it for the entertainment value.

uki
11-27-2011, 04:35 AM
its obvious. he has delicate sily hands and cant punch hard.BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

this guy is like 40 year old. just few more years and osteoporosis sets in. its too late. a life wasted.wow... my life is wasted because i punch with silly frankenstein hands... it's obvious you don't know me at all little man. :p

you guy's are a tough bunch of skeptic's, but i value your input nonetheless. :)

hskwarrior
11-27-2011, 09:01 AM
you guy's are a tough bunch of skeptic's, but i value your input nonetheless.

skeptical observations is better than no response at all.