PDA

View Full Version : dummy time...

uki
11-23-2011, 07:36 AM
can't wait for the replies to this thread... LOL

as it states in the video description, i am hitting the thing a bit harder than it looks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIzsNSRggk4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErjJKQyvFZs

i realize it's rather bland, but since i have been using it i have noticed a great increase in my open hand strikes. :)

Iron_Eagle_76
11-23-2011, 07:40 AM
Is the spine hanging in front of you one of your victims you ripped from Subzero style?:p

hskwarrior
11-23-2011, 08:47 AM
I think the FBI wants to talk to you about that skeleton you have hanging......wth is that your torture chamber???? LOL

And you're gonna develop one HELLUVA hunch back by your training.....

uki
11-23-2011, 09:10 AM
And you're gonna develop one HELLUVA hunch back by your training.....so how long would my hunchback take to develop??

pateticorecords
11-23-2011, 09:20 AM
wicked basement bro... dim the lights and film a horror film down there. Love it:D

Lucas
11-23-2011, 09:31 AM
im more interested in the meat hook...;)

Robinhood
11-23-2011, 09:41 AM
The dummy is better utilized as a way to help develop your root and learn how to stay rooted or home. I guess you can try to use it as a punching bag, but the force should come from the ground, not by leaning your weight into it.

GeneChing
11-23-2011, 05:23 PM
You need to wear some sort of psycho mask for those vids. Oh wait, this is uki, with the facial tat.

Rock on, bro! ;)

hskwarrior
11-23-2011, 05:41 PM
so how long would my hunchback take to develop??

It won't be long man....not much longer at all.....

Lee Chiang Po
11-23-2011, 05:46 PM
I seen speed, power, flow, which tells me that you have trained a bit on the dummy. However, I can say nothing else about it because I simply do not recognize any of the moves as being of any style or system that I am personally familiar with.

Drake
11-23-2011, 06:09 PM
I seen speed, power, flow, which tells me that you have trained a bit on the dummy. However, I can say nothing else about it because I simply do not recognize any of the moves as being of any style or system that I am personally familiar with.

Uki may come along and correct me, but I do think he doesn't actually have a style. He just sort of... attacks.

Lucas
11-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Uki trained under a teacher I think it was bagua or baiji I forget

SPJ
11-23-2011, 08:30 PM
the hands can be longer.

then it is difficult to hit the beam or pole at will.

the hands can also be with a spring like a flexible joint

so that we may push down or pull to the side then hit the beam.

I like to tape target signs on top, mid and low.

up is the face

mid is the heart

low is the groin etc.

talking about dummie in the 21st century, that is.

:)

uki
11-24-2011, 05:26 AM
Uki may come along and correct me, but I do think he doesn't actually have a style. He just sort of... attacks.RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! :p

Uki trained under a teacher I think it was bagua or baiji I forgetbagua and longfist to be exact... my teacher also gave me a crash course in hsing-i also... forms i did learn at one point were: tan tui, gung li, 8 brocades of silk, and the slow version of tendon exchange... when i met dale, gene, and chris i realized there was a faster way of doing it too - dale was showing some of it... my teacher told me the ideal way was to get the exercise down to 8 breaths in each 5 minutes of the 12 exercises, but when i saw dale doing it i had a vision of him being this human pump and was ballooning his already impressive size even bigger. LOL i been free forming my "style" for nearly 13 years now...

It won't be long man....not much longer at all.....well that's odd... my dad is a chiropractor(was) and apparently my back is in perfect shape... my hunching is conscious and to be honest i have no idea why i do it except that i can feel a variety of differences in my body when striking... after 13 years, i would think if i were doing it all sooooo wrong, i would look like igor or something, yet this is clearly not the case... i think i just have a huge set of back muscles due to my masonry job and all the weight lifting that comes along with it... i am one of the strongest masons on this mountain. i do appreciate your concern though. :)

You need to wear some sort of psycho mask for those vids. Oh wait, this is uki, with the facial tat. Rock on, bro!thanks buddy... i am starting to look like grizzly adams here with this beard... kinda takes away from the facial tat. i sense a shave and a shower coming on... i don't know which i do more frequently in winter, shave or shower. hahahaha

no one commented on the rope noose hanging in the background yet. ;)

David Jamieson
11-24-2011, 05:48 AM
soon you shall have a mighty hump! :p

uki
11-24-2011, 06:05 AM
soon you shall have a mighty hump!my girlfriend will be just as thrilled as myself. :D